ADVERTISEMENT

So is Jameis finished in New Orleans?

nole96

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Oct 10, 2002
He's been healthy for weeks, but the Saints are sticking with Andy Dalton.

He’s had some tough luck with injuries since he got to New Orleans. Hopefully Dalton will struggle so he gets another chance. Otherwise he’ll officially be into the veteran fringe starter/backup phase of his career.

I would take him in Dallas when Coop signs somewhere else, but I am afraid we don't have the cap space with all of the money going to Dak and Zeke but that is a conversation for another day...

He has four, get that, four fractured vertebrae in his back and played several games with them until he just couldn't go any more. If you've ever had a fractured back, you just can't Imagin the pain that causes. In addition to the damage to the disks.

I just hope he can get healthy enough to finish his career as a solid backup, I think the push for starting jobs is over unfortunately

Reactions: Jaxnavynole34
He has four, get that, four fractured vertebrae in his back and played several games with them until he just couldn't go any more. If you've ever had a fractured back, you just can't Imagin the pain that causes. In addition to the damage to the disks.
He should retire before he is too crippled at an early age.

I would take him in Dallas when Coop signs somewhere else, but I am afraid we don't have the cap space with all of the money going to Dak and Zeke but that is a conversation for another day...

Where is Cooper Rush going? Nobody is signing him to be a starter.

Reactions: scalpcutter
His decision making has been questionable his entire career both on and off the field. Guy has all the tools but just seems to have the ability to make the wrong throw at the wrong time.

Reactions: bcherod
Bill Parcells famously said “you are what your record says you are”. In Jameis’s case, he just turns the ball over way too much to be a reliable starter in the NFL. But he did parlay an outstanding college career into a fat paycheck in the league so good for him.

Reactions: CHAMLER
Where is Cooper Rush going? Nobody is signing him to be a starter.
I don’t think I said he would be starting, and I would almost agree with you, if not for the fact Carolina is starting PJ Walker and Washington is starting Taylor Heinicke.

Yeah I think he is done, he may be done as a starter. He has been able to play for 3 weeks and the coach chose Dalton over JW. He needs to prove that he can win while protecting the ball, and it's hard to do that while on the sideline.

Its going to be more like Arnold . . . I'll be back.... if his back heals . ..he'll, he is only 28.

If he can get healthy and stay healthy . . .I still see Jameis with a gold sport coat.

Its going to be more like Arnold . . . I'll be back.... if his back heals . ..he'll, he is only 28.

If he can get healthy and stay healthy . . .I still see Jameis with a gold sport coat.
As in HOF gold sport coat? I love your FSU loyalty, but he’s barely a starting nfl qb….

Could end up in Indy, Pats, Carolina, Browns never know with watson, Texans, Redskins, Falcons

Is he under contract next year? There are quite a few places that he could compete for a starting position, but he has got to stop throwing pics.

Do you have a link confirming four fractured vertebrae? The minimally invasive surgery to fix that, Kyphoplasty, is a one day recovery.

Some of you still think this is an injury related decision? The head coach even said it was based on performance and offensive fit.

Jameis has been benched, plain and simple.

Some of you still think this is an injury related decision? The head coach even said it was based on performance and offensive fit.

Jameis has been benched, plain and simple.
Clearly he was. What I don't get is he *was* hurt. Anyone watching him play the 2nd and 3rd game could see he was a statue out there and unable to really move. So, he gets benched for playing poorly while hurt, but Dalton can throw 3 interceptions healthy and remain at the helm? Just crap to me.

Reactions: nole96
Clearly he was. What I don't get is he *was* hurt. Anyone watching him play the 2nd and 3rd game could see he was a statue out there and unable to really move. So, he gets benched for playing poorly while hurt, but Dalton can throw 3 interceptions healthy and remain at the helm? Just crap to me.
It's frustrating, but the reality is Dalton has been better. Not significantly better, but better. A 95.1 passer rating compared to 79.5 for Jameis. A TD/INT ratio of 9/4 compared to 4/5 for Jameis. Neither one has shown they can win games, but Dalton has proven to be slightly more dependable, although there's not a huge sample size. Maybe Jameis gets another chance, but it's probably going to take an absolute self-destruction by Dalton, or injury.

It's frustrating, but the reality is Dalton has been better. Not significantly better, but better. A 95.1 passer rating compared to 79.5 for Jameis. A TD/INT ratio of 9/4 compared to 4/5 for Jameis. Neither one has shown they can win games, but Dalton has proven to be slightly more dependable, although there's not a huge sample size. Maybe Jameis gets another chance, but it's probably going to take an absolute self-destruction by Dalton, or injury.
Your stats are meaningless to me because they include 2 of the 3 games he played - where he could barely move. He hasn't been given a chance to play healthy except the first game where he won (yes, it was a rough start). Also, Kamera was playing like crap the first 3 or 4 games of the season. They lost their best OL (LT) to Miami so the new OL hadn't really jelled yet. I could go on and on, but it sucks that he was never given a chance to play with a team that had some continuity and him healthy. We have no idea how he'd play now. No other QB would be benched like that for being hurt.

I do wish that JW had not played game 2 or 3. I honestly think that would have changed the way this all played out. Also -- anyone watching the 2 minute interview he did in London knows that this is (in part) punishment for him speaking out. He hasn't said a word since. Honestly -- he should have gotten on the plane to Colts HQ when they wanted to send it. NO didn't show him any loyalty going after Watson. Not sure why JW stuck with them. Sucks for him. Really.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericram
Because he has always immature and still is. Plus if a younger qb can't beat out Andy Dalton? Yep, career over.
Your comments are way off base and unnecessary since you know nothing about his life outside football. My daughter, an FSU graduate, met him during the pre-season, and he was very gracious and proud of his new child. You are a smart aleck and a bum for not listening or acknowledging the reason Jameis is not able to perform due to his latest serious injuries. If Jameis is able to recover from his injuries, he can still be a good backup and maybe a starter on the right team. Go NOLES! Go Army/CI-HUMINT/18th ABN Corps/1st Cavalry Div!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT