ADVERTISEMENT

So, the high school reunion...

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
The women finally looked better than the men, except one guy who stayed super hot. Naturally he had a nice looking woman with him who was at least a dozen years younger. And who was actually really cool.
I failed to get lucky (in case you're wondering).
Although one guy did tell me he wished I had chosen to go to his school instead of FSU so we could have ended up having lots of sex . Amazingly he said it in front of his wife, but he was not prepared for my sassy comeback. I don't think she was either.

The women finally looked better than the men, except one guy who stayed super hot. Naturally he had a nice looking woman with him who was at least a dozen years younger. And who was actually really cool.
I failed to get lucky (in case you're wondering).
Although one guy did tell me he wished I had chosen to go to his school instead of FSU so we could have ended up having lots of sex . Amazingly he said it in front of his wife, but he was not prepared for my sassy comeback. I don't think she was either.

What was the sassy comeback?

I told him he always somehow knew he could do the horizontal mambo with me, and that since his school was so small and boring we'd have done it a LOT.

We had this "thing" that never went anywhere and to this day he sends me emails with jokes and political stuff, etc.

I'm wondering if his wife will be there tonight.
J/K. I am NOT down with messing with other women's husbands.

Reactions: bigmamanole
What was the sassy comeback?
tumblr_m5iutanjqv1qzv16bo1_250-1.gif

Dang!

Goldmom

That's hot!

You got littleitch1, well not so little

Do go on...

I told him he always somehow knew he could do the horizontal mambo with me, and that since his school was so small and boring we'd have done it a LOT.

We had this "thing" that never went anywhere and to this day he sends me emails with jokes and political stuff, etc.

GOLDMOM------The truth. Did you do in Walt Longmire's spouse?

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
HS reunion? Really? I would remember half a dozen of them and certainly wouldn't fly across the country to have a few drinks with them.
We went to my wife's last summer while we were in town for something else. It was depressing. Bunch of fat old people talking about who died of what. Plus a few trying to pretend they we're still in HS 30 years later - which was sadder.

Reactions: RangerNole
HS reunion? Really? I would remember half a dozen of them and certainly wouldn't fly across the country to have a few drinks with them.
We went to my wife's last summer while we were in town for something else. It was depressing. Bunch of fat old people talking about who died of what. Plus a few trying to pretend they we're still in HS 30 years later - which was sadder.

Yep I can't think of anyone I need to see at those things. The folks I wanted to stay in touch with I did; the ones I didn't, just don't care about. There are several friends I still have from that era; but don't need to be spending money and time on that hot mess.
Now my wife's HS reunion is a little different. She went to HS in England and it was an American School in England (Tasis) they were a pretty tight crew and I have been to 1 of them and she gets together with a number of girls from her class yearly. Some seriously famous people and some serious money in that class. Like the Crown Prince of Kuwait son, Ringo Star's kid and many others. All pretty good people too.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Next year will be the 40th anniversary of my HS graduation. I have been to one reunion in that time. Our class was 643 people. I didn't know them all then. I would know fewer of them now. Those I want to stay in touch with I still do.

Well damn...did the wife say anything back, or does anyone really care once you pass 60?

You should consider moving to The Villages btw...you'd fit right in! ;)

No villages for me.
I think wifey probably removed his testicles when they got home. I would have. :)

We're talking about a reunion of 70-somethings here, and the best this crowd (which is my crowd) hopes for is something in the "you look good for your age" vein. Unless it's coming from a person who is also 70-something...then the qualifier is usually dropped.

Speaking of 70-somethings, who in this category (female or male) do you think is the best example of aging well naturally?

We're talking about a reunion of 70-somethings here, and the best this crowd (which is my crowd) hopes for is something in the "you look good for your age" vein. Unless it's coming from a person who is also 70-something...then the qualifier is usually dropped.

Speaking of 70-somethings, who in this category (female or male) do you think is the best example of aging well naturally?
You must be taking about yourself, Goldie is not 70.

Reactions: goldmom
Never really understood the reunion thing. If I have not talked to you in 20-30 years, whatever, there is probably a reason for that. I stayed in touch with the people I wanted to, and, if I ever got a wild hair to reunite with "X," the Internet and technology thing enables me to do that without waiting another 10 years.

If other people enjoy these events, that's all fine. But once my time with you is over, I generally never look back unless we developed some meaningful friendship or relationship. And for those folks, we "reunite" often, without the production of a formal reunion. Just me.

For those who are offended by the "70-something" description, you can substitute "70-ish".

There are either a bunch of unpopular or antisocial people in this thread. :)

My graduating class was 250 people and I've been to the 10, 20 and 30 year reunions. Communicating on Facebook has probably taken the steam out of class reunions but I've always had a good time visiting with former classmates.

We're making plans to attend my wife's 30th in October. She went to a small private school.

I agree with that, Because I was in a small class of 275 and several of us went over to FSU together so that we've stayed in touch over the years either at tailgates or whatever.
Also since it was a Catholic high school either your kids or your nephews/nieces may be in school with their kids and so there's ongoing contact. It was great to see people I had not seen in many years and to be in admiration of what they had done over the years.
So it's not your cup of tea-that's fine too.

Last edited:
As for well-known people handling the aging thing, Sean Connery and Jane Fonda seem to be doing it better than most. Hard to know, of course, what kind of "help" these folks get.

I agree with that, Because I was in a small class of 275 and several of us went over to FSU together so that we've stayed in touch over the years either at tailgates or whatever.

275 is small? Try 56, and that was a public school. We held a 10 year reunion, which I partially attended, but that was it.

Incidentally, thanks to state legislation passed this year, my alma mater is at risk of closing at the end of this school year.

goldie, didn't you go to Kenny? know you hung out at the beach a lot but don't think you were a fletcher gal. anyway, my last reunion the hottest chick was also the brainy one. my buddy and I decided to have some fun. we told her we did a random sample of the current reunion female population, subjected it to a chi square analysis for homogeneity of variance, did a 1-way nonva (analysis of variance), and conducted both paired and unpaired t-tests. by now her eyes were bulging because she did not know I knew anything about statistical sampling or testing. anyway, told her she was the hottest gal there and statistics proved it. lots of fun and she got a chuckle out of it. now the truth: she was the hottest chick there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT