ADVERTISEMENT

So what are the hobbies

Make fun of people that aren't good at anything!;). Sorry but you left the door open. To answer your question like an adult, I have youtubed video after video to get my lawn like a golf course. I've gone from a pretty nice St Augustine to tumble-weeds. Spent over a grand trying to do this myself over the last 4 months and the wife is pissed.But hey, you gotta learn somehow. Good luck, and try buying a plant before you kill all your grass. JMHO

I have been starting to learn Spanish. I also want to work out and try to work on my basketball skills to see if I can make the adult basketball league around here. I need plenty of work. But I’m gonna have plenty of free time with the pandemic keeping me around the house.

I have a fifth wheel camper, so I imagine we will be camping. I have a satellite to watch the games when we go, guess I just won’t have football. Will buy more beer.

Reactions: BiminiBound
You plan on taking up in the Fall. I’m not good at anything so curious what you guys do.

Golf / Fish / Hunt ... and in no particular order. Most people are not good at any one of them and still have fun.

Also those were all deemed “essential” activities here in Florida so you don’t have any lockdown concerns.

I may return to Hickory golf. That is golf with hickory shafted clubs played on courses built before 1935. Many courses by Donald Ross in the NC area. Tournaments require ties if the temperature is below 90.

Also, I am going to work on training my 6 month old puppy.

Hope everyone stays healthy and happy, Go Noles!

I’ve used this time so far to build a library complete with ladder and floor to ceiling shelves for my wife :) It’s been lots of fun and I’m looking forward to continuing to build and DIY woodwork. Always enjoyable.

Reactions: NYC Nole
I’ve used this time so far to build a library complete with ladder and floor to ceiling shelves for my wife :) It’s been lots of fun and I’m looking forward to continuing to build and DIY woodwork. Always enjoyable.

Please relax on the productivity... you are making the rest of us look bad.

nice job QQ. Can you post pics? What kinda Tablesaw? Do you make freestanding “furniture “

nice job QQ. Can you post pics? What kinda Tablesaw? Do you make freestanding “furniture “

it’s hard for me to post pics for some reason, but it’s not remarkable. Just functional and good enough to make the wife happy. I used furring strips tied to studs along the wall, 1x8 shelves held up by 2x4 supports on front, dumping the dead load onto the slab. Craftsman planer for planing a basic mobile table saw with a 50-tooth finishing blade (love my finishing blade!). Stain followed by wipe-on poly. Made the ladder using red oak 1x4s and 1.25” dowel rods for supports.

I have made a few pieces of standing furniture in past, it’s fun but dang I have trouble getting everything perfectly square. It’s all for me or family, nothing professional. Good enough ;)

it’s hard for me to post pics for some reason, but it’s not remarkable. Just functional and good enough to make the wife happy. I used furring strips tied to studs along the wall, 1x8 shelves held up by 2x4 supports on front, dumping the dead load onto the slab. Craftsman planer for planing a basic mobile table saw with a 50-tooth finishing blade (love my finishing blade!). Stain followed by wipe-on poly. Made the ladder using red oak 1x4s and 1.25” dowel rods for supports.

I have made a few pieces of standing furniture in past, it’s fun but dang I have trouble getting everything perfectly square. It’s all for me or family, nothing professional. Good enough ;)

If time is on your side, take a look st making some Adirondack chairs. Awesome for patio or around a fire pit, and sounds like you have the skill set.

Reactions: eltonblues
If time is on your side, take a look st making some Adirondack chairs. Awesome for patio or around a fire pit, and sounds like you have the skill set.
Those I bought and got some synthetic weather proof ones haha. I didn’t want to deal with having to keep protecting all that wood in this climate :p

Anyone have any ideas of building Polywood furniture? So expensive to buy from stores. Looking for a kit or places to buy the polywood and parts. Thanks

Reactions: NYC Nole
Those I bought and got some synthetic weather proof ones haha. I didn’t want to deal with having to keep protecting all that wood in this climate :p

They are so darn expensive in poly-lumber. It took me like 40 hours to make 4 chairs. I just used untreated pine and sealed it with stain. Going on 3 years direct weather/sun exposure in Florida. Probably on last year of life. Anyway I’m buying Synthetic next lol.

Reactions: eltonblues
Itching to get the motorhome out once it cools down. I set up a new car to tow and I haven't even towed it around the neighborhood yet.
Didn't get to do our west coast trip this year to visit my Mom. Still waiting to do that.

Reactions: bungman
You plan on taking up in the Fall. I’m not good at anything so curious what you guys do.
I play golf. As much as I can physically play. If we don'y play football in the fall, I'll be pretty much done with most sports. Football, basketball (I haven't watched since Michael retired.), baseball ( I love going to games but never have watched them on TV. ), hockey ( same thing. great to go to only.)
So the good news is how much money this will free up.($ 6500 in donation. $2000 in tickets. No travel/bowl games- another $4000)
I'm looking around for a center console boat.

I'm getting my private pilots license.

I set aside money to do it last year, but life had other plans. Aviation has always been a passion so I'm jumping the fence (instead of watching)!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT