ADVERTISEMENT

Something we can all agree on and rally around

If you were to go to a high end steak house and get a 1 lb dry aged ribeye (which is huge) it would set you back around 100 bucks or more. A 4 lb rib eye would feed 6 easily. Now if it comes with asparagus and a wedge salad (with blue cheese) thats a deal.

I have succumbed to android, Buccees, pickleball, and Starbucks (in small doses), but I'm not touching pumpkin spice anything.
Awaiting a formal ruling on my waiver application to the air fryer and pickleball cult compliance committees for approval to try some Buccees brisket.
I don't want to risk forfeiting use of my air fryer or be banished from pickleball, but I do love me some brisket, and all my Buccees-loving family and friends are starting to wear me down.

If you were to go to a high end steak house and get a 1 lb dry aged ribeye (which is huge) it would set you back around 100 bucks or more. A 4 lb rib eye would feed 6 easily. Now if it comes with asparagus and a wedge salad (with blue cheese) thats a deal.
I not buying a $100.00 steak at a steak house either which they probably purchased the raw mean for 20-25% of the price of what they charged you.

I stopped eating all beef products two years ago. The amount of damage to the environment is unconscionable.
The carbon footprint for beef consumption is catastrophic.
Every steak you eat, another few ounces of ice cap melts and the temperatures rise.

We've got stop eating beef. It will destroy the planet.
So, is it the cow farts or ours? If that 12% switched to beans that would create more gasses, wouldn't it? Sorry couldn't resist. To be honest I eat beef once or twice a month, nothing to do with these studies it's just how I eat. I eat equal amounts of beef, pork and chicken. These days everything is bad for you, and it all is destroying the planet.

Outback was pretty good at one time but they have gone up in price as well. All are different environments and price points. There's another Longhorn type steakhouse but I cant remember the name. They might have closed up shop though. Some of the casual steakhouse do have a good chopped steak though which is really good with mashed potatoes and brown gravy and a side salad (with blue cheese).
The first time I went to an Outback it was very good. We waited two hours for a table.

The last time I went was during the covid scare. We ordered takeout and what they gave us was worse than cafeteria food. I guess their normal supply lines were gone so they jus replaced their burgers and steaks with a step up from garbage. I'm talking a pre pressed patty that had obviously been frozen. My wife ordered a filet and she got something like a cheap skirt steak. Never been back, probably never will go back.

Reactions: surfnole
When I was young I had the blessing of growing up at the corner of Oakland park Blvd and rock island road

There was nothing to the west of us at that time but Everglades

Then Jackie Gleason came along and bam! Inverrary was developed

My point is we had lots of cows and horses and I don’t think I’ve ever heard a cow fart!

I’m sure they do but after noletaire stated how cows fart, made me think back on it, and thought I would share!

When I was young I had the blessing of growing up at the corner of Oakland park Blvd and rock island road

There was nothing to the west of us at that time but Everglades

Then Jackie Gleason came along and bam! Inverrary was developed

My point is we had lots of cows and horses and I don’t think I’ve ever heard a cow fart!

I’m sure they do but after noletaire stated how cows fart, made me think back on it, and thought I would share!
I'm not sold on the cow farts either. Why aren't people or dogs an issue? I have two dogs and boy can they gas up the place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT