ADVERTISEMENT

Something we can all agree on and rally around

NoleSince1961

Veteran Seminole Insider
Nov 28, 2020
Before it’s gone, you gotta go get this:
> Proof that there’s still hope

Toast it and slather on some butter.
Better yet, use it to make French toast and fry up the bacon of your choice.

Please report back.

Disclaimer: I will never ever purchase a cup of “pumpkin spiced coffee” or go out shopping on Black Friday or buy an air fryer (until I slipped up and bought one) or join the pickleball cult (until I accidentally did)… my gut reaction is to reject all faddish mass consumer hysteria type stuff, but this is LEGIT.
You’re welcome.

Please report back.

Disclaimer: I will never ever purchase a cup of “pumpkin spiced coffee” or go out shopping on Black Friday or buy an air fryer (until I slipped up and bought one) or join the pickleball cult (until I accidentally did)… my gut reaction is to reject all faddish mass consumer hysteria type stuff, but this is LEGIT.
You’re welcome.
Love and agree with the disclaimer but I would probably add the bread. Sorry.

Since they discontinued their Blue Cheese dressing (wife's fav) I don't go there anymore.
Blue cheese is super polarizing (I wish it would be outlawed) but I support your wife’s right to like it.

We tend to grab all the pumpkin stuff at Trader Joe’s when it shows up. I had some of the brioche with homemade apple butter this morning.
I should have warned people though that they have to peel off that paper lining thing from the bottom of each slice. I hope that doesn’t skew the ratings.

Please report back.

You’re welcome.
I also agree with your disclaimer but I just can't do the pumpkin anything, pie included and especially coffee or worse yet beer with pumpkin in it.

Blue cheese is super polarizing (I wish it would be outlawed) but I support your wife’s right to like it.
I question those that don't like blue cheese dressing. We have wars about blue cheese dressing at my house. Half and half. I blame the wife for contaminating them.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
Since they discontinued their Blue Cheese dressing (wife's fav) I don't go there anymore.
I make my own but there's one that's sold in the produce section in a mason jar that is pretty good. I even add extra smelly blue cheese to it if I'm in a pinch.

I question those that don't like blue cheese dressing. We have wars about blue cheese dressing at my house. Half and half. I blame the wife for contaminating them.
Not sure which is more polarizing, blue cheese (disgusting, God made penicillin and Tilex for a reason, we’re not supposed to eat rancid mold), or cilantro (yes, that’s more of a genetic taste bud thing but it’s awesome.)
Also, raw oysters (delicious) and Indian food/yellow curry (hard pass)

I make my own but there's one that's sold in the produce section in a mason jar that is pretty good. I even add extra smelly blue cheese to it if I'm in a pinch.
Yea, she's on Marie's Super Blue/Bleu dressing. It's funny because she's from Dayton OH. I had a layover there and went to the Long Horn Steak House for dinner and I ask what their house dressing was and she said........Blue Cheese. Lol.

Reactions: goldmom
Not sure which is more polarizing, blue cheese (disgusting, God made penicillin and Tilex for a reason, we’re not supposed to eat rancid mold), or cilantro (yes, that’s more of a genetic taste bud thing but it’s awesome.)
Also, raw oysters (delicious) and Indian food/yellow curry (hard pass)
There's nothing better than a good old cheese shop, blue, gorgonzola (green mold), stilton. all stinky and delicious. I have no opinion on cilantro, I don't care if its on the food or left off. Yes, to oysters in any form and a big yes to any curry and any food from that region. Another good one is Kimchi. Cabbage is good on its own but spicy fermented cabbage is even better. You can get it made with a variety of vegetables.

Look up Sardinian maggot cheese just for fun.

Kirby's steak house here has an amazing Blue Cheese tenderloin steak.
If Im at a good steak house I always order a side of blue cheese with the steak. Pittsburgh with blue cheese.

Yet most people don't mind it. If it is the only dressing left they will put it on their salad.
Also the only true condiment for Buffalo Wings.
Your comment made me Google “blue cheese haters” to see if there’s some kind of support group or maybe clinical trials to fix it. This was the first thing that came up… glad I’m not alone (#7 on people’s not gonna eat that lists)…. https://www.cheeseprofessor.com/blog/understanding-blue-cheese-lovers-amp-haters

There's nothing better than a good old cheese shop, blue, gorgonzola (green mold), stilton. all stinky and delicious. I have no opinion on cilantro, I don't care if its on the food or left off. Yes, to oysters in any form and a big yes to any curry and any food from that region. Another good one is Kimchi. Cabbage is good on its own but spicy fermented cabbage is even better. You can get it made with a variety of vegetables.

Look up Sardinian maggot cheese just for fun.
I’ve seen the maggot cheese on Amazing Race. Gonna be a no for me.
Kimchi - gross, stinky and the flavor is rancid (even though I like normal cabbage), but I try it again almost anytime I go to a Korean restaurant, especially if with a date, since it’s a known fact that women dig kimchi. I think the common denominator is I steer away from rancid foods. Not my thing.

I’ve seen the maggot cheese on Amazing Race. Gonna be a no for me.
Kimchi - gross, stinky and the flavor is rancid (even though I like normal cabbage), but I try it again almost anytime I go to a Korean restaurant, especially if with a date, since it’s a known fact that women dig kimchi. I think the common denominator is I steer away from rancid foods. Not my thing.
I tried it minus the maggots and it was quite pungent as expected. I wasn't always a fan of fermented or over done foods but acquired a taste for them later in life. I used to think whiskey and scotch were gross but came around although my wife wishes I stuck to beer.

I should never have started this thread since I have zero food cravings resistance willpower and am now en route to Longhorn for a pre-Braves game rib-eye. Sans blue cheese.
Edit: Texas Roadhouse - like their ribeyes better

Last edited:
I should never have started this thread since I have zero food cravings resistance willpower and am now en route to Longhorn for a pre-Braves game rib-eye. Sans blue cheese.
Edit: Texas Roadhouse - like their ribeyes better
It's funny that neither one of those restaurants has anything to do with Texas.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
The servers are yelling a lot of Yee Haws, does that help?
(actually reminds me of the one thing I’m not crazy about at Texas Roadhouse… they overdo the birthday and large party and welcome our new server forced fun yelling, but it’s otherwise pretty well priced and fast and delicious)

Both are terrible. Texas Land and Cattle are pretty good though. Saltgrass used to be ok but they have fallen off too. Ruths Chris, Smith and Woolensky, Flemings (sometimes) are good alternatives. McGuires in Destin and Pensacola are good for steaks as well.

Reactions: F4Gary
Both are terrible. Texas Land and Cattle are pretty good though. Saltgrass used to be ok but they have fallen off too. Ruths Chris, Smith and Woolensky, Flemings (sometimes) are good alternatives. McGuires in Destin and Pensacola are good for steaks as well.
I like Burn’s. Though, it has been a while.

Reactions: trunole1
Kinda like comparing a fine steakhouse burger to Whataburger… 16oz ribeye at Texas Land is $44.99 vs $27.95 at Texas Roadhouse. If I’m taking a date or business colleague out for steak it wouldn’t be Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse (in most cases), but to satisfy a craving in a hurry without having to change out of gym clothes, delicious for what it is. Just gotta adjust expectations. (Best though is when I grill them myself, but sometimes just wanna sit at the bar and be served.)

Longhorns and Texas Roadhouse are not comparable to Burn's, Ruth's Chris, Fleming, etc. Nor do they trying to be.
Outback was pretty good at one time but they have gone up in price as well. All are different environments and price points. There's another Longhorn type steakhouse but I cant remember the name. They might have closed up shop though. Some of the casual steakhouse do have a good chopped steak though which is really good with mashed potatoes and brown gravy and a side salad (with blue cheese).

Reactions: seminoleed
Kinda like comparing a fine steakhouse burger to Whataburger… 16oz ribeye at Texas Land is $44.99 vs $27.95 at Texas Roadhouse. If I’m taking a date or business colleague out for steak it wouldn’t be Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse (in most cases), but to satisfy a craving in a hurry without having to change out of gym clothes, delicious for what it is. Just gotta adjust expectations. (Best though is when I grill them myself, but sometimes just wanna sit at the bar and be served.)
Good points. At home on the Green Egg is best. If you can find a good dry aged steak thats the way to go.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
$18 - $20 for prime. $30 - $40 for American wagyu.
Interesting read on wagyu.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Outback was pretty good at one time but they have gone up in price as well. All are different environments and price points. There's another Longhorn type steakhouse but I cant remember the name. They might have closed up shop though. Some of the casual steakhouse do have a good chopped steak though which is really good with mashed potatoes and brown gravy and a side salad (with blue cheese).

Outback was great at one time. Texas Roadhouse kicks their butt now.

A 4 lb aged Ribeye for $596.00 may be the best cut of meat I will never try!

This picture doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his very expensive meats.

wagyuman_dga_0533_ea2b4404-4f19-4eb3-855a-8fc86288477d_900x.png

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT