ADVERTISEMENT

SportsNation

minvikfan1

Seminole Insider
Jul 2, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
I'm not one to really watch those type of shows on espn, but I happened to catch a glimpse. They were talking about Jalen Ramsey saying they were going to win the super bowl. One of the guys on the show, don't know his name because I don't watch it, said well he did go to Florida State and they are not exactly Harvard. Can't stand espn but you know, when your great they hate!

Reactions: Boozer025
There is a general northeast bias that I’ve found many people from that region of the country view southerners and southern schools below them intellectually.

Reactions: nynole1
ESPN doesn't hate us. These guys are paid to be smart asses. I wonder where he went to school? Harvard, Yale, MIT????

I'm not one to really watch those type of shows on espn, but I happened to catch a glimpse. They were talking about Jalen Ramsey saying they were going to win the super bowl. One of the guys on the show, don't know his name because I don't watch it, said well he did go to Florida State and they are not exactly Harvard. Can't stand espn but you know, when your great they hate!
I would have asked what's the point of that?

There is a general northeast bias that I’ve found many people from that region of the country view southerners and southern schools below them intellectually.
In this instance the guy who said it caught some flack from the other clowns on the show for that remark, he responded that "it's okay, they're our rival."

So I suspect he's not from the northeast but rather a goater, cane, or clembo clown.

The Ron Howard doesn't make sense as a dig. Maybe if there was more context it would, but as it reads to me, it's saying one of two things:

1. They have a superstar that went to FSU, it's not like he played at Harvard, or some other ivy.

2. If they were trotting out a starting CB from Harvard they wouldn't have a shot at the SB.

Where was the dig?

I have lived in the NE my whole life and I don't think that statement is accurate at all. It isn't debatable that the NE has the greatest collection of academia in the world, but I don't think many in the NE believe themselves superior. Of course there are always subsets and exceptions.

Honestly, the NE doesn't take care of their instate students like the southern universities do. Most schools I wanted to go to I couldn't even afford.

Reactions: NYC_Seminoles
The Ron Howard doesn't make sense as a dig. Maybe if there was more context it would, but as it reads to me, it's saying one of two things:

1. They have a superstar that went to FSU, it's not like he played at Harvard, or some other ivy.

2. If they were trotting out a starting CB from Harvard they wouldn't have a shot at the SB.

Where was the dig?
The dig was that he wasn't smart to make the remark of beating the pats and winning the super bowl. He went to FSU so he must not be smart.

The dig was that he wasn't smart to make the remark of beating the pats and winning the super bowl. He went to FSU so he must not be smart.
Gotcha... I misinterpreted your RH... That the guy said they were going to the SB, not Jalen saying that.

Interesting comment on MLK day from ESPN

Interesting comment on MLK day from ESPN
tenor.gif

It wouldn’t surprise me if ESPN pays their people a bonus for every negative FSU statement.
They get a bonus for ratings and notoriety. If that includes negativity about FSU, well then there you go.

FWIW they made all kinds of news about Richard Sherman's trash talking and made no bones about that he went to Stanford. It's not a bias to anything except ratings and $$.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT