ADVERTISEMENT

Stamkos out for 1 to 3 months

SeaPA

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 17, 2002
having surgery Monday to remove a blood clot in his shoulder. Ouch. That's pretty much season-ending, because without him they aren't lasting in the playoffs long enough for him to make it back.

Hope he hasn't played his last game as a bolt, but I'm afraid that could very well be the case.

Sunovabish. Wish this news had been posted yesterday, as a bad april fools day joke.

Yeah, I saw this on Saturday and I have been bummed ever since. I hope I am wrong, but I honestly believe that we wont get to see him again in a Lightning sweater. This is so disappointing to me. The one reason I hate pro sports is this right here. The old days of someone staying with a team throughout their career is gone. I really hope that Yzerman and Vinik decide that it is more important to sign a guy like Stamkos than it is to sign a Tyler Johnson after next year and pony up the bucks.

Word I have heard is that last Thursday after the Montreal game Stammer was so pissed at losing that he went directly to the weight room as we lifting heavily. Trainers stopped him when they noticed his arm turn purple (realized symptoms after dealing with Vasilevsky blood clots). When he was checked they found some new clots, but also some old clots. Supposedly the recovery time is not from the surgery itself, but depends how long he needs to stay on blood thinners. We will see, but I know this is something that you don't screw with as it can be fatal.

Consider it a lucky break they found it and caught it at this time. Sucks, but could be a LOT worse. Hope he has a fast recovery. Blood thinners can be a pain for athletes, more than anything because of the nutritional changes you have to make to not conflict with the drugs.

Well that call Drouin back up and he goes and scores in his frist game back. Go figure. It is gonna take me time to get back on board with him being back on the team, but so far both he and Yzerman have shown that they are going to let bygones be bygones. He has busted his butt since re-joining Syracuse and has the points to prove it. Yzerman showed that he has some faith in him by putting him back on the big club. He has talent, we will see how long his 10 cent head holds up. I still don't see much for this team going forward. without Hedman and Stralman in the line-up last night, they looked very average. Good news is they were playing the Devils.

I'm not expecting much from the Lightning in the playoffs, either; maybe a first round win, 2nd round exit - but not much better than that. They haven't really been anything great all season, very inconsistent. Play a few very good games, then fall asleep for 10 days. With the injuries, there just doesn't seem like much reason for optimism.
The only reason for any hope at all is that, IMO, Bishop's become one of the league's elite keepers. He's strong enough to steal a few games - possibly a series or two. If he could do that, maybe they last long enough for Stralman to return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT