ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

Buy. I sold at the top and I’m piling in now.
I should have sold at top. And waited to this virus and election were over. Dumb me. Now I’ve lost 1/3 of my investments and it’s not finished yet.

I should have sold at top. And waited to this virus and election were over. Dumb me. Now I’ve lost 1/3 of my investments and it’s not finished yet.
Its a tough game. Don't beat yourself up. Bear markets pound everyone. Even a lot of shorts get slammed. Just remember this market is going to go up when the news is the worst. It will be a violent snap back. From where and when is the question. More down side is coming. I like these levels and I'm buying now.

Reactions: goldmom
Don’t even think we’re anywhere near bottom. This virus situation is going to drag out 6 months to a year or longer. Wait till there’s sustained spread in the us. The Spanish flu started as a weaker strain in China and then mutated with a second wave. The second wave was the “bad” one. I’ve got my tsp in the g fund and will look to jump back with dow below 20k. (Spearhead04 on 2/28/2020).

Damn Spearhead you NAILED it! Yikes your TSP might be so big after the recovery that you may find yourself retiring early. Nice job.

Reactions: FSUDoles
Damn Spearhead you NAILED it! Yikes your TSP might be so big after the recovery that you may find yourself retiring early. Nice job.

He did, but he might need to reconsider the 20,000 mark as the bottom...down 8000 points in 15 calendar days...without circuit breakers, no telling where would would be at the closing bell today. Hold on....

Its a tough game. Don't beat yourself up. Bear markets pound everyone. Even a lot of shorts get slammed. Just remember this market is going to go up when the news is the worst. It will be a violent snap back. From where and when is the question. More down side is coming. I like these levels and I'm buying now.
If you are still earning and can afford to keep investing, buy on the way down and on the way back up. There could be some serious pain coming in the market, but if you can cost average into this dip it will pay HUGE dividends later. Just buy either the safe stocks that pay dividends or better yet buy into a S&P500 index or a large cap fund. If you believe that over time stocks will always trend up (they have in the past) then this will make you money.

If you try and time your buys you are guessing and may or may not make money. Also believe that you should always invest in funds, and play (gamble) with a small portion of your funds in individual stocks. Yes, you can make a lot of money with individual stocks, but you can also loose a lot that way too!

If you are still earning and can afford to keep investing, buy on the way down and on the way back up. There could be some serious pain coming in the market, but if you can cost average into this dip it will pay HUGE dividends later. Just buy either the safe stocks that pay dividends or better yet buy into a S&P500 index or a large cap fund. If you believe that over time stocks will always trend up (they have in the past) then this will make you money.

If you try and time your buys you are guessing and may or may not make money. Also believe that you should always invest in funds, and play (gamble) with a small portion of your funds in individual stocks. Yes, you can make a lot of money with individual stocks, but you can also loose a lot that way too!
Most people that have time should continue their long term plan. My kids are going to keep buying. I teach them to not be like me. I time the market. Been doing it for 30 plus years and I’m not changing now.
I agree with your strategies it is so hard to get in at the top and bottom A good plan is to dollar cost ave down.This was the strongest economy in history and it’s stressed , but not broken. Completely turning it off is a new one. Can’t be good . Averaging in is a good idea Especially if you have time . I play options too, yeah that is like a crap shoot. I hope everyone will come out of this fine by the end of the year. Funny we are filling our football void will investment conversation So sad this garbage is happening.

Was following this on the leaks coming out of China in mid January. Trimmed a lot.... Told a few friends to do the same. They told me it was the flu.... I told them do whatever. Now I get stupid texts each day. Made a lot on one investment last year. Was buying gloves and masks in Jan, bought a house outright in feb, bought a glock in March....

I tell them now they should have already bought food and make sure their guns work....

Reactions: Spenser1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT