ADVERTISEMENT

Strippers have rights, too!

Let's not worry about actual problems like mortgage insurance, let's worry about the age of strippers.....yep, par for the course nowadays from this state

Let's not worry about actual problems like mortgage insurance, let's worry about the age of strippers.....yep, par for the course nowadays from this state
Like actual mortgage insurance or homeowners' insurance? They are different things.

Reactions: goldmom
Interesting that you bring up mortgage insurance and not mortgage rates.

I wondered that too. Mortgage insurance rates are based on down payments and credit score to protect the lender. Mortgage interest rates are a bigger issue since they have gone from 3.1% in 2020 to around 7% currently. Homeowners insurance rates are steadily going up and is a problem everywhere. Maybe that's what he's trying to get across. Probably due to climate change and global warming.

Another benefit of serving is access to VA home loans which preclude large downpayments and mortgage insurance.

I wondered that too. Mortgage insurance rates are based on down payments and credit score to protect the lender. Mortgage interest rates are a bigger issue since they have gone from 3.1% in 2020 to around 7% currently. Homeowners insurance rates are steadily going up and is a problem everywhere. Maybe that's what he's trying to get across. Probably due to climate change and global warming.

Another benefit of serving is access to VA home loans which preclude large downpayments and mortgage insurance.
The average mortgage rate over the last 50 years is 7.75%.

Reactions: BrianNole777
The average mortgage rate over the last 50 years is 7.75%.
In the 80's the average rate was 12.7%, 90's 8.1%, 00's 6.3%, 10's 4.1%. So far this decade the average rate is 5% the first rise in average rates since the early 80's. We were definitely spoiled over the last 40 or 50 years. What doesn't mix well is high interest, insurance premiums and overall prices. Something has to give.

Yea, because my mortgage insurance has went from 1700/year to over 8000 in just a decade and I'm in the process of selling my house because of it. And what control does DeSantis have over mortgage rate?

• Haha
Reactions: noletaire
Yea, because my mortgage insurance has went from 1700/year to over 8000 in just a decade and I'm in the process of selling my house because of it. And what control does DeSantis have over mortgage rate?
If your mortgage insurance is 8000 a year you have terrible credit. Now your HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE might be that high. Have you considered utilizing some mitigating factors? Where do you live that you're paying 8k a year? Right on Miami Beach?

I95 runs north too. u-hauls are cheap. As more people depart , conditions in fla will improve. Please consider being a part of the solution. It would be a noble endeavor worthy of an individual with your benevolent and humanitarian credentials. Perhaps you could convince some of your likeminded associates to join you.

Odd that Fla is one of the hells in Dante’s “Inferno” but the population keeps rising

Last edited:
Reactions: GeddyLee09
I can't remember when I had mortgage insurance.
Talked to a group of accountants from FSU at a tailgate party in Tallahassee awhile back. everyone of them said mortgage insurance is for suckers.

Reactions: F4Gary
I can't remember when I had mortgage insurance.

Excuse me home owners insurance, but it's part of my mortgage, would mortgage insurance really be 8k a year....my bank put it on mine for the first 3 years till I got them to remove it. It was a couple hundred bucks a year

Still it stands, Florida isn't even trying to do anything...I wonder why.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Excuse me home owners insurance, but it's part of my mortgage, would mortgage insurance really be 8k a year....my bank put it on mine for the first 3 years till I got them to remove it. It was a couple hundred bucks a year

Just going by what you posted.
Insurance companies aren't charities, they have paid out a ton of money over the last few years. I guess they could just pull out of Florida like they are in Kalifornia and not cover your house.

None of us who live here have escaped the same pile of 💩 and we absolutely share your pain and frustration.
A lot of going round and round because the attorneys who love to sue would have been limited in suing insurance companies and in turn those insurers were fighting against no rate increases.
Bottom line both have paid millions to lobbyists to make sure their side wins. Stalemate was really a win for insurers but at least they didn’t cancel and leave the state. At least a third of Cali homeowners got non renewals and so have folks in the Tornado Alley states.
Can you get some help from Citizens?

Just going by what you posted.
Insurance companies aren't charities, they have paid out a ton of money over the last few years. I guess they could just pull out of Florida like they are in Kalifornia and not cover your house.

They're still making profits hand over fist...so don't give me that. Why didn't premiums go up rapidly back in the early 2000s when Florida had those few years of multiple extreme hurricanes.

Yea, they're pulling out hurricane policies, to limit their risk. But keeping other policies. What kills me is that he knows this is happening, but not even trying to address it. This is lack of leadership from our elected officials, because they don't care.

Last edited:
I have always been struck by the sad irony of the Milgram experiments. Milgram's initial predictions were actually wrong. Likely due to his collaboration with Solomon Asch and his involvement with Asch's research on the influences of social identity and conformity, he thought that Americans would not submit to orders that were contrary to their beliefs or ethics. He thought that Americans would refuse to harm, torture, and kill other people; rather than to comply with an authority that directed them to do so. His initial hypothesis was that the actions of the Nazis during WWII were attributable to a character flaw in the German culture that would not be present in the American culture. As the competent scientist he was, he followed the data and ultimately revised his hypothesis. His classmate, Philip Zimbardo, infamously built upon that work in the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Yea, we studied all of that in My Geographic Thought class in grad school.....my professor definitely thought it was all flawed from the start. I wonder what his thoughts are now.

This thread took a very depressing turn.

I came here wanting to discuss 18 year old strippers and wandered into a mortgage convention.

I once went to a pension convention and accidentally wandered into a N. California ACLU symposium at a large hotel once lol.

Needless to say, about two seconds after looking at the people in that room ( lots of hippies, cat ladies, and gray haired dreadlocks, the dregs of society) I realized I was not in Kansas anymore. I fully expected someone to start howling like Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers ....

This thread took a very depressing turn.

I came here wanting to discuss 18 year old strippers and wandered into a mortgage convention.

I once went to a pension convention and accidentally wandered into a N. California ACLU symposium at a large hotel once lol.

Needless to say, about two seconds after looking at the people in that room ( lots of hippies, cat ladies, and gray haired dreadlocks, the dregs of society) I realized I was not in Kansas anymore. I fully expected someone to start howling like Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers ....
Careful…seems like cat ladies are a thing at the moment.
Dog lovers unite!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT