ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Conversion Thread

Bronco season ticket holder, and Kyle Shanahan was a couple of years ahead of my oldest daughter in high school so I so I wanted the Niners to win. But Mahommes is the best NFL qb now and it was nice to see Andy Reid win one. Wasn’t all bad for me since I won $800 in my friend’s football pool ;)

So you knew when it was 20-10 San Francisco with less than 9 minutes left that Kansas City would score 21 straight to win the SUPER BOWL? Yeah I doubt that.
Yeah, I'm not sure what in the world OP is talking about. If he has that opinion overall, fine, but he picked an awful moment to express that. This was an exciting game.

Cheesier....yes. NCAA making billions off of college athletes and then being upset by so much as a sandwich being bought for a player makes me like pro better.
I thought they got free stuff, like college tuition and whatnot. As a dad paying for college right now, it seems like they get something.

It's all so overdone with every possible dollar to be made squeezed out of every moment. American Excess at its finest.

At least those involved get paid while NCAA keeps passing it off that it’s “amateur sports” when you have 10 million dollar Head Coaches and conference TV deal getting over a billion dollars. And let’s not even get into eligibility and clearinghouse timelines. There’s no bigger fraud than the NCAA on football and basketball

I thought they got free stuff, like college tuition and whatnot. As a dad paying for college right now, it seems like they get something.

Yeah but you’re not living in poverty while your kid is off at school.

Reactions: FlashFSU
It was a great game. It was exciting throughout and decided in the last 90 seconds. Not sure what you were watching OP.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
At least those involved get paid while NCAA keeps passing it off that it’s “amateur sports” when you have 10 million dollar Head Coaches and conference TV deal getting over a billion dollars. And let’s not even get into eligibility and clearinghouse timelines. There’s no bigger fraud than the NCAA on football and basketball
Well, we could get rid of this "fraud"and then there would be no scholarship money leftover for all the other sports. Sounds great.

Reactions: Warchant1911
I mainly pull for FSU players on the NFL teams and not much of a fan of any particular team. It was great to see Nnadi and Erving get a ring last night.

College was better but with the top of college football being so limited it makes the college season boring now unless you are a fan of Clemson, Alabama, UGA, OU, Ohio State, LSU. You can name six teams and 4 of the 6 you name will be in the playoffs. NFL is no where near that possible to call. No one thought the Vikings, Titans, Ravens, 49ers, and Packers would be some of the favorites this year. Most folks thought Chargers, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Rams would all be higher or better favorites.

NFL is more fun to watch cause you can't say who will win it or be in the playoffs. Plus the level of excellence is so much higher in the NFL. I love seeing dudes that can make ELITE plays and that is rare in college football. Outside of Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Chase Young,and Trevor its hard to see amazing plays on a week in and week out.

Well, we could get rid of this "fraud"and then there would be no scholarship money leftover for all the other sports. Sounds great.

Players of other sports are usually doing alright income wise.

As a life-long Chiefs fan (even before FSU) I respectively disagree. I’m on cloud nine tonight. Best football feeling since 2013.
Being born in KC and witnessing their first SB 50 years ago makes this so sweet. I loved the comeback. The 49ers thought they had this in the bag.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT