ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee crime?

Used to leave my Wrangler parked on the street outside my condo in Midtown Atlanta. Only had one space, so I'd leave it on the curb close to the entrance and hope for the best. Never left anything in it, but had it rummaged through many times. Also had dummy actually PRY the window open, totally bending it almost horizontal to get in. Had to get that bent back into shape, which thankfully a body shop did for free. All the idiot had to do was unzip the freaking window. Also had the console lockbox broken open, when it wasn't even locked. I stopped locking the doors, but it but it didn't even matter. Oh, and Tally was always dangerous. I grew up in NY and S. Florida, but saw my first gunshot victim and gun pulled out in public within my first semester at FSU in 1990. Was killing time in a record store on Tennessee street, up the hill while waiting for a haircut in the same strip mall and some dude runs in and asks the clerk to call an ambulance. He had just been shot and there he is bleeding all over the floor as I'm perusing the latest Milli Vanilli release. Another time me and a group of friends were on the outdoor basketball courts by Landis or Jenny Murphy or whatever dorms and a group of black dudes on the next court started getting into it. One guy shouts about getting his gun and comes back a couple minutes later and pulls a pistol out of his bag like Boys n' the Hood. Thankfully he didn't use it.

While at FSU, I had a car window smashed and the locks ripped out of the door. I finally put a sign on it that the doors were open, please don't break anything to get in.

Tally has always been dangerous - you were just young and blissfully unaware of the surroundings.
I know you had a terrible experience, but in comparison to parts of Miami, Tampa, Orlando or Jax, Tallahassee was nothing.
If you looked at per capita, I think you’d be surprised.

Never felt unsafe, but I'm "privileged." That said, I did have $2,800 worth of stereo equipment stolen from my townhouse over christmas break. I sat out in the backyard at night for a week with a louisville slugger looking to beat $3,500 out of someone's hide, but I got mostly nothing for my efforts.

Jz1FDH.jpg

mcIMB9.jpg

If you looked at per capita, I think you’d be surprised.

Violent criminal behavior isn’t evenly spread among demographic groups, and locales with an above average population from the highest risk groups will have higher crime rates, but that danger isn’t evenly spread.
When I looked up the 6 murder victims in Tallahassee this year it wasn’t surprising.

It does make the news when they commit crimes on the ‘other side of the tracks’.

Reactions: Random_John
Violent criminal behavior isn’t evenly spread among demographic groups, and locales with an above average population from the highest risk groups will have higher crime rates, but that danger isn’t evenly spread.
When I looked up the 6 murder victims in Tallahassee this year it wasn’t surprising.

It does make the news when they commit crimes on the ‘other side of the tracks’.

You mean I-10, not tracks.

If they hit localized areas, how difficult would it be to catch them? Just leave a car in the area unlocked with a remote silent alarm, a hidden camera and a purse with an exploding dye pack inside of it. Wait at the closest Dunkin Donuts and pounce when the alarm is set off.

Bait Car is an underrated show.

I got mugged once and had the windows of my car smashed twice outside my house on Lakeshore Dr during my 4 years in Tallahassee. I have experienced no incidents whatsoever in my 17 years in L.A.

I got mugged once and had the windows of my car smashed twice outside my house on Lakeshore Dr during my 4 years in Tallahassee. I have experienced no incidents whatsoever in my 17 years in L.A.

Only people I’ve been robbed by in my 23 years in Tallahassee were TPD.

So who do we blame here?

1. The kids who committed the crimes?
2. The parents who failed in their teaching of life lessons?
3. Society for ignoring the signs of impressionable youths going down the path of criminality?
4. The Locker Room regulars who did not give of their enormous funds and did not build community centers or hire tutors in the afternoon to help keep the kids off the street?

So who do we blame here?

3. Society for ignoring the signs of impressionable youths going down the path of criminality?
4. The Locker Room regulars who did not give of their enormous funds and did not build community centers or hire tutors in the afternoon to help keep the kids off the street?

FSU’s offensive line. To paraphrase Ray Lewis, crime goes up when there’s no football or no good football.

Reactions: Random_John
So who do we blame here?

Clearly it is 4. Tallahassee has no community centers or parks or anything open at 4 in the morning.

So who do we blame here?

Jimbo Fisher

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT