ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay BUCS thread

Hargreaves getting abused.

Interested to see how this PI call goes.

xx the Bucs and their Steve Spurrier heritage

God I miss the days of the NFL board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: canoli
It's impressive how many draft picks Tampa Bay can waste on DBs.

I haven't watched them much at all, but based off of what has been shared in this thread and what I remember from recent drafts, I don't think one player will come close to fixing their issues. Build through the draft...knowing they haven't drafted well...trade down, acquire picks and get smart with the picks.

As a Saints fan I will say this, Thomas got away with offensive PI, but I agree Hargraves is terrible, and I couldn't be happier.

Trade for Ramsey. After Davis, our corners are garbage.

Bucs owners should sell the team and just start over.
That franchise is dead.
Once they passed on Cook and Derwin I knew they would never contend for anything and just stay horrible.
They gave the GM an extension and raise LOL.

Reactions: front_line_nole
Dotson was literally run over, not around, all day. When you keep making the cut to commercial getting run over maybe you should just retire

Bucs passed on Dalvin and Derwin...

You are begging to suck when all world college talent is in your state and you continually pass over said talent!

And took Howard and tea .complete stupidity

Winston should get out of Tampa. Bucs refuse to draft quality people. I would beg Colts and play for less just to be with a franchise that half way knows what its doing

Winston should get out of Tampa. Bucs refuse to draft quality people. I would beg Colts and play for less just to be with a franchise that half way knows what its doing

Then the fans wanna **** on Winston for being inconsistent. Dude hasn’t had anyone to block for him since 2013. That guy goes to New England & Belicheck gives him an o-line & coaching? Watch out... I’m an obvious Bucs fan, but if I’m the Pats I’d be ready to open up the bank.

Then the fans wanna **** on Winston for being inconsistent. Dude hasn’t had anyone to block for him since 2013. That guy goes to New England & Belicheck gives him an o-line & coaching? Watch out... I’m an obvious Bucs fan, but if I’m the Pats I’d be ready to open up the bank.

The Pats aren't going to open up the bank for a QB who makes as many mistakes as Winston does. They can develop someone from scratch for less money, and supposedly they really like Stidham.

Last edited:

Brissett is just as good as Winston though, and makes far fewer mistakes, so why would the Colts want him, other than maybe for a back up? I think some of you guys are way over valuing Winston at this point. He is in his 5th year and is still a very inconsistent and mistake prone QB. If the Bucs do part with him after this year there will certainly be other teams interested in him, but in most cases it is going to be as a back up, or maybe as a stop gap until a rookie QB is ready to take over.

Brissett is just as good as Winston though, and makes far fewer mistakes, so why would the Colts want him, other than maybe for a back up? I think some of you guys are way over valuing Winston at this point. He is in his 5th year and is still a very inconsistent and mistake prone QB. If the Bucs do part with him after this year there will certainly be other teams interested in him, but in most cases it is going to be as a back up, or maybe as a stop gap until a rookie QB is ready to take over.
It's a lot easier to develop a QB when you have an elite o-line as Indy does. Before the Colts upgraded this unit, Brissett struggled mightily a couple of years ago.

It's a lot easier to develop a QB when you have an elite o-line as Indy does. Before the Colts upgraded this unit, Brissett struggled mightily a couple of years ago.

Sure, but that doesn't explain why they would want Winston over him Brissett. Plus, that was Brissett's first significant playing time as well, Winston has been a starter 5 years now. And even with an inferior team like the Colts 2 years ago, Brissett still threw for over 3000 yards and only 7 INTs. Brissett doesn't have the natural ability of Winston, but he also doesn't make anywhere near the mistakes. And it is easy to lay the blame around Winston, which I am sure is true to some degree, but he certainly has his own faults. I mean, he threw 18 INTs his last season at FSU even. At this point we know what his game is. He can put up good yardage #s and make some big plays, and then throw some really stupid passes that get picked. He isn't consistent and there is no real reason at this point in his career to think he will suddenly come around to being consistent.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT