ADVERTISEMENT

Thailand Cave Rescue

I think they are going to have to sedate or at least medicate those kids to get them out. Can't imagine that they can stay calm enough to go back out in tight space underwater with breathing devices on and limited to no visibility....I get the sweats just thinking about it...

I read the kids were sedated.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty cool that Musk was putting resources toward this effort, yeah it's PR, but if it helps, that's still good.
But then Twitter went and made everything better:

Elon Musk has called a British diver who helped rescue schoolboys from a flooded cave in Thailand ‘pedo guy’ on Twitter.

The entrepreneur’s outburst came after diver Vern Unsworth told Mr Musk to “stick his submarine where it hurts” after describing his offer to help with a miniature submersible as a “PR stunt”.

Mr Musk traveled to the Tham Luang caverns in Chiang Rai this week and presented the six-foot submarine – which he said could help free 12 schoolboys stranded for weeks inside the cave.

But Mr Unsworth, who was instrumental in rescuing the school football team, said the vessel the SpaceX and Tesla boss invented “had absolutely no chance of working” because the inventor “had no conception of what the cave passage was like”.

In response to criticism from the diver, Mr Musk defended his invention through a series of tweets before adding: “Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it.”

After facing backlash for the comment, the billionaire added: “Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.”

I wouldn't be surprised if Musk showed up out there trying to take over and "save the day". If so, I don't blame the diver who's risking his life to tell him to shove it.

Musk came off looking like an idiot. I lost a ton of respect for him after that exchange.

I thought it was cool of Musk to try to help, even if it was a bit self-serving.

The diver came across as an ass, then Musk an even bigger one. Many people these days seem incapable of taking the high road. I don’t get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Musk showed up out there trying to take over and "save the day". If so, I don't blame the diver who's risking his life to tell him to shove it.

Musk came off looking like an idiot. I lost a ton of respect for him after that exchange.
Musk thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, which I think is wearing thin on a lot of people.

Just goes to show you that even in a story where you would think there is no possible way anyone could have any feeling but utter joy; social media and ego will insure there is some level of controversy.
Someone asked earlier in the thread if this could happen in the US and while I think the rescue could have happened; the level of outrage, law suits etc would be unbelievable. Parents would have sued and fought each other, one group would be on the news saying how the plan being used was terrible and their plan was better; the list of things people would do to inject themselves or their cause into the issue would be endless.

zbi5nDD.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT