ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread!

Yeah, problem if the buckeyes win tonight - ether Bama or urbie makes it in.

Yep, I'm a big Wiscy fan tonight. Clemson too. Dabo seems like a good and loyal dude. Can't root for Saban or Urbie. They are mercenaries with no loyalty to players or school. They just want to be wherever will pay them the most, and/or give them the best chance of winning and being glorified. They are more concerned with how the players on their team will benefit them than how much they can benefit those kids. I'm glad we don't have a coach like that. Odell gets what is really important in life. #TrueSeminole.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Damn, OSU's athletes look 3 to 4 steps faster than Whiskeys..

Yes. There are rules you know.
ibyr92.jpg

Whiskey is my favorite in more ways than usual tonight.

I bought a bottle of Evan Williams 1783 yesterday as I’m making some aged egg nog ahead of Christmas and I asked the owner of Market Square Liquors for his favourite bourbon for egg nog. Despite being dirt cheap ($15) it was pretty decent by itself. Oddly all the reviews talk about how sweet it is but at least my bottle was not what I would consider sweet for a bourbon but was pretty peppery for a cheap bottle. It was also surprisingly smooth for the price point, much smoother than Beam or Jack which go for more.

I bought a bottle of Evan Williams 1783 yesterday as I’m making some aged egg nog ahead of Christmas and I asked the owner of Market Square Liquors for his favourite bourbon for egg nog. Despite being dirt cheap ($15) it was pretty decent by itself. Oddly all the reviews talk about how sweet it is but at least my bottle was not what I would consider sweet for a bourbon but was pretty peppery for a cheap bottle. It was also surprisingly smooth for the price point, much smoother than Beam or Jack which go for more.

I saw some Evan Williams pre-made eggnog in the liquor store last time I was there. It was ridiculously cheap (I think $7 something). I don't like eggnog so didn't get any, but if you are not the typical LRer who insists on raising their own chickens for the eggs, cows for the cream, and travel to the ends of the earth for the choicest cinnamon and nutmeg, you could maybe try that out.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'll be putting Havana Club dark rum in my Kroger/Tom Thumb egg nog.

I’m making an aged eggnog (3 weeks with the alcohol kills any bad bacteria) with the aforementioned Evan Williams 1783, some Maker’s Mark 46, the 12 yo Dorado Rum and Costco’s XO Cognac (which I love more than the higher end stuff). So not all expensive stuff (two cheapos and two mid priced) but all super smooth yet flavourful brands. Mix that up with some heavy cream, half and half, whole milk, eggs, sugar, fresh grated nutmeg and some vanilla extract we picked up straight from the farm in Roatan, Honduras. Knock on wood, it should be great in a couple of weeks.

I’m making an aged eggnog (3 weeks with the alcohol kills any bad bacteria) with the aforementioned Evan Williams 1783, some Maker’s Mark 46, the 12 yo Dorado Rum and Costco’s XO Cognac (which I love more than the higher end stuff). So not all expensive stuff (two cheapos and two mid priced) but all super smooth yet flavourful brands. Mix that up with some heavy cream, half and half, whole milk, eggs, sugar, fresh grated nutmeg and some vanilla extract we picked up straight from the farm in Roatan, Honduras. Knock on wood, it should be great in a couple of weeks.
That's great. Meanwhile, I'm half way through a glass of nog right now.

If current scores hold, I legitimately dislike all 4 playoff teams..

Clempson, they won last year and would kill us in recruiting, plus they wear ORANGE
If you ever lived in Atlanta for 2 minutes , not exaggerating 2 minutes , you would understand the disdain for Gawga.
OU, 01 nothing more needs to be said..
Freaking Urbie..

These playoffs suck

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Clempson, they won last year and would kill us in recruiting, plus they wear ORANGE
If you ever lived in Atlanta for 2 minutes , not exaggerating 2 minutes , you would understand the disdain for Gawga.
Freaking Urbie..

These playoffs suck

Urban is not getting in. Alabama will get the fourth slot.

Urban is not getting in. Alabama will get the fourth slot.

I dislike Saban , and his odd comb over to the front , plus I dislike Saban..now I have covered everyone mnole03

I am surprised urban didn’t go for it on that 4th & w. Worst case if you don’t get it is they still have to drive a long way for the tying field goal

I could not watch yesterday, but love the win! Stats look good, especially two 100+ runners and how bout some of that 7/9 third down conversion rate!! Less penalties than the other team for less yards...
What did y’all think about the play calling? Was it quick enough to give Blackman time to operate.

Y'all I was straight cackling last night watching that scUM/Clemson game. It took the 13 years to finally make the championship game and they get murdered. There is some good in the world still.

Too bad Whiskey couldn't get it done, but we all knew that was going to happen.

I could not watch yesterday, but love the win! Stats look good, especially two 100+ runners and how bout some of that 7/9 third down conversion rate!! Less penalties than the other team for less yards...
What did y’all think about the play calling? Was it quick enough to give Blackman time to operate.

Other than one delay of game penalty I didn’t remember any issues with play calling. And Blackman missed three completely wide open (by twenty yards or more) WRs that would have been guaranteed touchdowns had he thrown the ball to them (actually maybe him, I think it was Noonie all 3 times and he was getting ticked).

Reactions: billanole
Other than one delay of game penalty I didn’t remember any issues with play calling. And Blackman missed three completely wide open (by twenty yards or more) WRs that would have been guaranteed touchdowns had he thrown the ball to them (actually maybe him, I think it was Noonie all 3 times and he was getting ticked).
The delay penalty came after the big board showed Odell's part in the Seminole rap video from his playing days. It was hilarious. Both the crowd and players were watching it. No one cared about the penalty.
As to the play calling, it really wasn't much different than the rest of the season. There were a few passes to the fullback that I don't remember seeing though.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Freaking Urbie..

These playoffs suck

I’ve lived in Atlanta for 15 years and don’t understand your disdain for Georgia.

If the Committee puts in a two-loss team over Bama, it should be USC rather than tOSU.

Did anyone else hear the big brick Clemson just dropped?

I’ve lived in Atlanta for 15 years and don’t understand your disdain for Georgia.

A failed attempt at humor RRR. Assumed the 2 min reference would have given away that it was at least an attempt at a joke.

Dawg fans are pretty delusional, but they ARE passionate; for the most part, they're fun to hang around. Tech fans, OTOH, are borderline Gator level.

Why do you think Bama and their 56th ranked schedule deserves to be in the playoffs? Just because of the name?
Nope...They were number one all year before getting banged up and losing tough rivalry game in hostile environment. Common sense says they're still one of the 4 best teams. Vegas agrees with me as they're favored in the Sugar.

Nope...They were number one all year before getting banged up and losing tough rivalry game in hostile environment. Common sense says they're still one of the 4 best teams. Vegas agrees with me as they're favored in the Sugar.
Just last year, Saban said that if you didn't win your conference you shouldn't be in the playoffs. Now, not only are they in (undeservedly IMO) they are rewarded by playing in New Orleans. Terrible job by the committee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT