ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR NFL Gameday Drinking Game Thread.

FSUSarah

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 21, 2003
Decatur, AL
Would it be too much to ask to deliver the Panthers 5th loss in a row? Pretty please.
Semi contain All Yards Matter and don't turn the ball over.

Oh and in case y'all don't know, FSU Soccer is playing for the national championship today at 1pm on ESPNU.

Reactions: daveynole
Article in today's St Pete Times talks about the possibility that Jackson is done with the Bucs. He is out today with a sprained thumb. Apparently he hurt it a couple of weeks ago but has continued to play. Oddly, he hasn't reimbursed it but is sitting out today. Speculation is that he wants out, and the Bucs may well let him go because his contract for next year is big money, none of which is guaranteed.
He and Winston have just never meshed with each other. Not sure why, but JW is clearly more comfortable with pretty much every other receiver in the roster.

Article in today's St Pete Times talks about the possibility that Jackson is done with the Bucs. He is out today with a sprained thumb. Apparently he hurt it a couple of weeks ago but has continued to play. Oddly, he hasn't reimbursed it but is sitting out today. Speculation is that he wants out, and the Bucs may well let him go because his contract for next year is big money, none of which is guaranteed.
He and Winston have just never meshed with each other. Not sure why, but JW is clearly more comfortable with pretty much every other receiver in the roster.
I just picked up Godwin off FA for one of my PPR teams and inserted him in the lineup. :cool:

For me, it's FSU soccer first. Then some NFL.

Yep me too!

It's disappointing. But it's time to cut ties.

Pretty clear that both Winston AND Jackson won’t be with Tampa next year. Decent chance that neither of them will be. If it is one or the other, I hope they keep Winston. Never have much cared for Jackson - seems to be one of those guys who is great to be around when things are going well for him, but who packs it in quickly when he isn’t getting the ball.

I don't have a full grasp of NFL contracts and salary cap consequences, but I am thinking Winston is 100% gone just for cap reasons. Now if they cut him and decide to re-sign him, that is another story. Don't see it happening though.

I don't have a full grasp of NFL contracts and salary cap consequences, but I am thinking Winston is 100% gone just for cap reasons. Now if they cut him and decide to re-sign him, that is another story. Don't see it happening though.
I'm sure the Jags (among others) would love to have him.

Also Winston has the most TDs in franchise history! Nice to have Freeman off the books haha

They are tied at 80, so Josh is still there for now. Hopefully that changes on this possession.

Fill me in...why does everyone believe Winston will be gone after this season?

Do the Bucs not want to pay him, or can they not afford him?

Or, does Jameis want out?

Or is it something else all together??

Fill me in...why does everyone believe Winston will be gone after this season?

Do the Bucs not want to pay him, or can they not afford him?

Or, does Jameis want out?

Or is it something else all together??

It is money-related mostly. This is the final year of his basic contract, but the team has an option for next year (they already exercised it this past April, but it is only guaranteed if he gets injured or is on the roster next opening day. Pay goes up significantly (8 million this year, 20 million next year). One of the concerns is that paying him that much handcuffs them, salary-cap wise, making it tough to add the parts they need to be a contender.
Of course, the area also has an abundance of goiter fans, who hate him and would boo him still if the team went undefeated for 4 consecutive seasons and won the Super Bowl each year.

Reactions: DanC78 and DFSNOLE
It is money-related mostly. This is the final year of his basic contract, but the team has an option for next year (they already exercised it this past April, but it is only guaranteed if he gets injured or is on the roster next opening day. Pay goes up significantly (8 million this year, 20 million next year). One of the concerns is that paying him that much handcuffs them, salary-cap wise, making it tough to add the parts they need to be a contender.
Of course, the area also has an abundance of goiter fans, who hate him and would boo him still if the team went undefeated for 4 consecutive seasons and won the Super Bowl each year.
The question then becomes do they roll with Fitz, get a scrub from FA, or try and draft a rookie and start all over again?

The question then becomes do they roll with Fitz, get a scrub from FA, or try and draft a rookie and start all over again?

The other option is to Reno triage and sign him to a long-term deal. I think that is their most likely course of action.

What perennial contender doesn't have a 20 million a year quarterback? What the Bucs need is new leadership in the front office and a new coaching staff. Not necessarily a new quarterback.

The other option is to Reno triage and sign him to a long-term deal. I think that is their most likely course of action.

For those wondering Reno triage is accountant-speak for renegotiate. Freaking auto spell correct.

As for Winston, from what I read the option year pay would put him as the 13th highest paid QB in the league. There are 17 (including him) that would be at 20m or more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT