ADVERTISEMENT

The one pro sport Atlanta gets right

$60 will get you upper end zone in the lower level and then you go up in sections from there.

Wow. Guess FCD has me spoiled. Of course, one end is still under construction due to Soccer Hall of Fame installation, and regardless of location, August games will test your hydration abilities, so there's that.

Reactions: HulaNole
Apples:eek:ranges... equating EPL attendance figures for a season to American interest in soccer is not really feasible. Extrapolated out over a decade or so, could bear more relevance from a winning culture perspective though. Sidenote, slightly caught off guard by the West Ham attendance number for the season.

I only extrapolate if it involves eating or drinking.

My point was pulling for the winning team and showing up for games is not something unique to the American culture in any sport. While you have your anomalies such as the Cubs fans that persevere many decades of defeat and I'm sure there are examples across the world of said teams and fans. Fans who grew up with these traditional sports programs near a large enough populous to allow them to continue through the thick and thin. These people attend their teams games more so based on nostalgia and a never ending hope that this will be the season they don't embarrass themselves when winning is at a premium....see USMNT or even NCAA FSU basketball..../cringe.

I don' know although I imagine the stadium itself is a big draw. Not sure why any serious team would want to play on turf though.
I've read that ATL United games were rocking even when they played on GT's tin foil fortress, Bobby Dodd.

Seems to me folks crave a somewhat genuine and affordable experience, which basically the opposite of NFL/MLB games.
Because ATL UTD is brand new, and ATL is a transplant city, it's a nice match as everyone is dipping their feet in the water together.

Reactions: seminoleed
I've read that ATL United games were rocking even when they played on GT's tin foil fortress, Bobby Dodd.

Seems to me folks crave a somewhat genuine and affordable experience, which basically the opposite of NFL/MLB games.
Because ATL UTD is brand new, and ATL is a transplant city, it's a nice match as everyone is dipping their feet in the water together.

That’s exactly it. It’s the one team that truly does “unite” the city.

As an Orlando fan, I'm insanely jealous of what the five stripes have been able to do. They've basically accomplished what we tried and failed miserably to do. They've now beaten us like dead fish on the pitch and easily taken the records we aimed for with largest crowds.

Their team is also ridiculously fun to watch as well. Here's hoping if we can ever get our team healthy this year, we'll one day be fun to watch. Aside from the first 9 matches last year, we've been hard to watch.

Reactions: fsUTampa
Turn your games into a karaoke concert and whether you're winning or not becomes second order. Just give folks with a bit of disposable income a place to yell songs and drink alcohol once every week or two without dozens of annoying interruptions about who's sponsored or donated this or that.

FSU games are pretty terrible with untimely and extremely loud announcements about random people who've donated random sums of money and random companies who are the official sponsor of this or that. Putting on public display how thirsty you are for any dollar you can make is a sad look and really screws with the fan experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT