ADVERTISEMENT

Things people do and they never learn

Bav803

Contributor
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
No less than three times today, someone got onto an elevator that was going the wrong direction, and it got me thinking about things people do, and you just don't understand how they never learn:

1. Getting on an elevator when it's going the wrong direction

2. Pulling into a parking lot immediately following 4 other cars. If there was 4 cars in front of you, and a bunch of cars leaving a busy parking lot before an event, you aren't getting a parking spot

My son's middle school dropoff lane was well-designed to efficiently get cars through as quickly as possible. It's a two-lane loop, with the lanes set up as a one way road. Obviously, to anyone who has any driving knowledge, if you're turning left you turn into the left lane, if you're turning right you turn into the right lane. Yet consistently there are morons who are turning left, but wait for someone to allow them into the right lane. There are other morons who get mad at you if you properly turn into the left lane, for some reason thinking you've done something wrong and are "skipping in line."

It's irritated me constantly, all last year & the first couple of months this year.

Last week someone at the school came up with what they deemed to be a great solution. Stunningly, their solution was to block off the left lane with cones, so now it takes twice as long to get cars through. I'd love to know who came up with this solution.

Left lane snoozers
This. And flashing lights during rain... or no headlights during rain. In Tally there are electric signs over I10... during rain they actually tell drivers to turn their lights on if their wipers are on and every freakin' time I see cars with the lights off driving right under these things and they still don't turn them on.

Fly through Atlanta. The weather pretty much always sucks in Atlanta. As evidenced by the fact that my 545 AM flight will now leave at 900.

Posting about illegal or questionable activities on social media. I see this with the younger generation (high school / college) who are naive and think it will not come back to bite them in the butt. This stuff never disappears, even if the person tries to delete it later on.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Based on my Facebook news feed most weekends, drink excessive amounts of Fireball and wonder why they feel like death the next morning.

Reactions: vevois23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT