ADVERTISEMENT

Those of you with Motor homes &/or Trailers...

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
How do you store it when not in use?

Under a shed, in a climate controlled storage building...in the driveway?

Reactions: squiffynole
Have our small travel trailer under a shed. Know a lot of people who just keep theirs out in the open.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Nole
I stored my 40 ft Newmar diesel pusher two different ways.

In Tampa at a place called Big Toy Storage https://www.uhaul.com/Locations/Self-Storage-near-Thonotosassa-FL-33592/786040/
They had covered storage for motor homes with power. For me it was important to have the coach plugged in while stored to maintain a/c and refrigerator.

I kept it in Tallahassee for a year at Big Oak RV out on Monroe. It was not covered but was connected to electric, water, sewer and cable. Treated it like an apartment for that year.

Keeping it connected to power so the insides can be climate controlled with the A/C would be a must I'd think.

Mine is in the driveway and hooked up to a 15amp power cord to keep the batteries charged. I don't leave the fridge on, just open to air out and I don't need to keep it air conditioned.
I can store it in a lot uncovered with power for about $95/month or covered for about $135/month.
I like having it here to tinker with.

I'd love to keep ours hooked in full time. Would be nice to keep stuff in the fridge and keep battery charged. Have to unplug our battery every trip and keep a vent open to protect inside from mildew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT