ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger out of the Masters.

The procedure he is having can be dicey...many times it doesn't solve squat. I know he has the very best working on him but the results are highly variable.

Before people get on me about an ESPN quote where 90% of people return to their "prior level" according to a study, read the study and ask yourself A) how many of them were world #1 and arguably greatest of all time; and B) how many of them already had a torn ACL, herniated neck, and torn Achilles (don't think for a second those are unrelated to the back problem).

Let's hope his back doesn't essentially end his career as a top performer the way it essentially did for Fred Couples. Yes, Couples did have very good performances following his back problems, but he was far from a consistent performer after that.

The reasons for the problems are very different. Freddy has (and always will) a reverse spine tilt. Tiger's is anything but that.

My hunch is this might lead to a change in swings and swing coaches for Tiger -- likely a year or two before absorbing that.

Originally posted by Rishi:
Let's hope his back doesn't essentially end his career as a top performer the way it essentially did for Fred Couples. Yes, Couples did have very good performances following his back problems, but he was far from a consistent performer after that.

Essentially
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by seminoleed:

Mmmmm...someone on this board will be ecstatic over this news.
A lot of people are...

BTW as I am sure everyone has heard but if you haven't, not only is Tiger out of the Masters but so is the Eisenhower tree. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT