ADVERTISEMENT

TPC advice

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Hey guys, I’m going to the TPC this year for the first time. I know it’s a complete zoo on the weekends so my friends and I are looking at doing one of the hospitality areas just to be able to get away from the crowds for a bit, have bathrooms and a more accessible bar. The two we’re looking at are The Benefactor $235ish each and The Turn $175ish each. Has anyone done these before? Seems like the allure of The Benefactor is its right behind 17th tee but wasn’t sure if there were any other differences. Thanks.

How much do you care to watch 17 all day? The benefactor on 17 gets overcrowded in my opinion.

Reactions: goldmom
I def won’t be sitting there all day. I want to walk the course but also would like a place to get away from the crowds a bit.

I went with a friend a few years ago and we kinda wandered the course until we found a couple of spots we liked. My favorite was just short and left of the 11th green. The 11th is a good risk/reward par 5. I also liked the area right behind the 14th green we were only 10-12 paces from the green so we could hear some of the chatter from the players. Craig Stadler was a riot.

I've done both and I like the Turn better. You can see more golf and you can easily walk to 17 from there.
Cool, thank you! I think that’s what I’m leaning to.

The tents are nice, but if you’re looking to avoid crowds, your best bet is to be out walking the course. You can find an obscure group to follow (actually any group that doesn’t have a superstar). You can find a hole away from 17 and camp out there. Also, you’ll have to work pretty hard to spend $230 on drinks. With it being March, shouldn’t be too hot, so AC isn’t a must like in May. my advice would be to buy grounds passes from the first tee of north Florida for $55 and use the extra for your drinks and something from the souvenir tent.

Some of my favorite spots:
The hill between 10 and 16 tee. You can see both tee shots.
There is a hill on the right side of 15 where you can sit and watch the approaches into and putts on 11 (risk/reward par 5)
If you want players to ask you to move, setup in the trees on the left side of 15 where their drives land. depending on the pin, 13 is a fun par 3. If it’s bottom left, they hit the hill and it can feed into an Ace.
Second shot into 16 is a good spot too.
If you want to see some big names, use the tee sheet and get a couple holes ahead of them. If Tiger is on the tee on 2, you can setup on 3 tee box and be the closest person to him when he comes to 3.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
The tents are nice, but if you’re looking to avoid crowds, your best bet is to be out walking the course. You can find an obscure group to follow (actually any group that doesn’t have a superstar). You can find a hole away from 17 and camp out there. Also, you’ll have to work pretty hard to spend $230 on drinks. With it being March, shouldn’t be too hot, so AC isn’t a must like in May. my advice would be to buy grounds passes from the first tee of north Florida for $55 and use the extra for your drinks and something from the souvenir tent.

Some of my favorite spots:
The hill between 10 and 16 tee. You can see both tee shots.
There is a hill on the right side of 15 where you can sit and watch the approaches into and putts on 11 (risk/reward par 5)
If you want players to ask you to move, setup in the trees on the left side of 15 where their drives land. depending on the pin, 13 is a fun par 3. If it’s bottom left, they hit the hill and it can feed into an Ace.
Second shot into 16 is a good spot too.
If you want to see some big names, use the tee sheet and get a couple holes ahead of them. If Tiger is on the tee on 2, you can setup on 3 tee box and be the closest person to him when he comes to 3.
Awesome. Thank you

The Benefactor tent is constantly packed to the gills. We always wander the course and, honestly, it's always more fun. At least for us.

The area near 12, I think, where the Ketel One truck sets up is always a good spot.

I like the hill on the side of 16 short of the green, you can watch them come down 16 and play 17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT