ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday morning FSU football practice updates — 11:30 (Norvell, Fuller discuss crucial calls vs ND)

iraschoffel

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 13, 2014

12 — Some highlights from the PCs today. Coach Norvell said conditioning is a big focus this week on a short week. Said their physicality and toughness was evident on film and something he was proud of.

Norvell on the fourth-down try in the second half. Said the humanistic factor plays a role, decision is based solely off analytics: "I coach games to win games. That's what we want to do. We're going to be smart. As we go into it, I am going to have a feel for what we want to do. And I reevaluate every decision that's made throughout the game to make sure I put our guys in the best position to win."

Norvell on their physicality on defense vs ND: "We need to play with that edge. We need to play with that effort. It has got to carry over. And make sure it is a passionate focus in order to execute the jobs that we have."

DC Adam Fuller said the defensive front stood out the most from the game and that he liked the way they kept their edges. Said they built a wall in the run game.

Fuller on the ND screen pass and FSU's decision to blitz. Fuller called the blitz "a bad call against a good call." "We're always going to try and be aggressive. There's a line. We could have executed better, but at the end of the day that's on me."

When asked about the 18-point comeback, DB Sidney Williams said that the team watched the famed 1994 Choke at Doak this offseason.

DL Keir Thomas called Sunday the best environment I have ever played in" and said "words can't explain how cool that was." Said he got chills getting off the bus.

11 — WRs have looked good in some drills today. Nice catches by Bryan Robinson, Parchment and a few others.

About to interview Norvell, Fuller and players

10:40 — Not a ton to share from this portion … mostly doing install for this week’s game against the scout team

10 am — They just did a couple 11-on-11 drives

Treshaun Ward had a couple of nice runs. One could have been really big but Travis Jay made a nice open-field stop.

Travis completed 1-2 passes but it didn’t really go anywhere. Knowles had a nice stop.

Milton didn’t get off a throw in his series … was called for a sack that I think he probably would have evaded in a game.

In goal kind, Travis threw a nice TD pass to Parchment

——-

9:30 — Practicing in shells today and looks like the whole practice will be in the IPF. Handful of guys are in non-contact jerseys after the game.

Marcus Woodson did a cool drill where the defensive players chased a fumble near the sideline. They either had to scoop and score or knock it back in bounds. Just a little situational thing, but probably smart to rep.

Team seems to have plenty of energy and good spirits despite the loss

Former coaches Mickey Andrews and Wally Burnham are here watching practice.

——-

Good morning!

Out here for Tuesday practice. Should have updates around 9:30 and throughout the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News