ADVERTISEMENT

TWD Midseason Finale

Nope, finally smartened up and dropped that show three episodes ago, so glad I did.

Daryl is being incredibly dumb right now. His impatient actions is what is going to lead to the carnage at Alexandria. Hope he's happy.

I still watch, and still enjoy it. It’s a safe bet a fairly main character bites it tonight, but not sure who it will be.

I'm not sure I understand why people are assuming the walkers were all gone from the savior's building? When Rick had that panicked look on his face looking at the truck, the courtyard looked empty. Wouldn't there be bodies all around outside? Is it possible that the walkers are just inside the building on the first floor with the Saviors still trapped?

Yes they all flooded in. But we know the Saviors get out b/c it is shown in the previews. And of course they make a beeline too Alexandria

I didn’t like the episode. Even the death at the end was kind of lame. He died from a walker bite that he got a few episodes ago?

I didn’t like the episode. Even the death at the end was kind of lame. He died from a walker bite that he got a few episodes ago?

He didn’t die in tonight’s episode. I imagine he will be on the next new episode, in February - but will die at some point in that.

He didn’t die in tonight’s episode. I imagine he will be on the next new episode, in February - but will die at some point in that.

That’s correct, the death will happen in the next episode.

We have seen Carl grow up before our eyes. He went from an awful little kid to a man that saved the people of Alexandria. It will be hard to watch his actual death.

Once again I was all worked up about a death that didn't happen. I should know better. The mid season premiere will be a cry fest for me.

Overall, last night's episode pretty well sucked because it was filled with inconsistencies. The bit with Carl, though, I thought was excellent. Main things that had huge holes:
*why was Maggie's crew on the road in the middle of the night? If they were going to "finish the war" they must've been heavily armed. With what's happened in situations like that in the past, wouldn't they have preferred to go down in a blaze of glory, and fight until they were dead?
*It had been clearly stated that Eugene's plan to get the saviors out was going to use up massive amounts of ammo, and Negan was worried about whether they could replenish. So somehow they used up all the ammo to get out, then in a few minutes Eugene had made them enough new bullets to launch attacks on Alexandria, the Kingdom, and the Hilltop?
*Even if they had bullets, where did all of the forces come from? All of the saviors in outposts had been killed or captured, leaving only those at their main compound.

The scene with Maggie's crew staying in their cars while getting surrounded was jaw dropping dumb.

Anyone else notice they left Rick's kid beside the pond alone?

Carl's story in the comics is much different and surprised he will die.

The scene with Maggie's crew staying in their cars while getting surrounded was jaw dropping dumb.

Anyone else notice they left Rick's kid beside the pond alone?

Carl's story in the comics is much different and surprised he will die.
I'm losing interest in the show but I thought the episode was pretty good. No big complaints even though I recognize some of what the detractors in this thread are saying is true. Just didn't really bother me for some reason.

Maggie's crew was going down the road because everyone was meeting up at the Sanctuary to hopefully get the surrender. Same has the few Kingdom folks like Jerry and Carol. No one had any idea that the Saviors had gotten out.

Judith wasn't left alone by the pond. I had to rewind and make sure, but there was some random Alexanderite with her. Saw her in a far away shot before Michonne walked up.

I still do a give a crap about Eugene. It doesn't matter that he let Gabriel and the Dr escape. I hope he can never sleep again.

Glad to get a glimpse of Morgan. I know Ezekiel is going to be ok. Even though it'll mean we lose Morgan (stupid FTWD)

Carl was fantastic. Read an article last night that it was not his idea to leave the show and it came as a shock. Gimple's reasoning is dumb as hell and now I'm pissed.

His story doesn't end here and it's such a giant change from the comics. Gimple is basically using Carl's version of all life is precious to get Rick not to kill Negan. You know what would have been easier? Not to make Rick all zeroed in on killing him in the first place. I'm not happy with this change.

Found the first half of this season very hard to watch. Didn't care, at all, for the way the story was told, same timeline, different people's perspective in different episodes.

Overall, last night's episode pretty well sucked because it was filled with inconsistencies. The bit with Carl, though, I thought was excellent. Main things that had huge holes:
*why was Maggie's crew on the road in the middle of the night? If they were going to "finish the war" they must've been heavily armed. With what's happened in situations like that in the past, wouldn't they have preferred to go down in a blaze of glory, and fight until they were dead?
*It had been clearly stated that Eugene's plan to get the saviors out was going to use up massive amounts of ammo, and Negan was worried about whether they could replenish. So somehow they used up all the ammo to get out, then in a few minutes Eugene had made them enough new bullets to launch attacks on Alexandria, the Kingdom, and the Hilltop?
*Even if they had bullets, where did all of the forces come from? All of the saviors in outposts had been killed or captured, leaving only those at their main compound.

- I wonder if Maggie was just trying to "survive the night", knowing she had 40 of their folks held hostage. Simon doesn't know this.

- I remember Eugene saying that, but I think he found an alternate method...the Pied Piper.

Loved the scene with Carl and Negan...well acted/executed. Even Negan's, "I thought we were having a moment" solidified that fact.

Glad Negan didn't capture Rick a THIRD TIME...that would have sucked.

I'm not sure I understand why people are assuming the walkers were all gone from the savior's building? When Rick had that panicked look on his face looking at the truck, the courtyard looked empty. Wouldn't there be bodies all around outside? Is it possible that the walkers are just inside the building on the first floor with the Saviors still trapped?
There were a bunch of walkers in piles outside in the yard. They really didn't explain how the Saviors were able to pull that off.

One thing that bothered me a little is that the Kingdom's location was a secret. That's why they always did the supply drop out in the middle of nowhere. Ezekiel made a big deal out of this. How did the Saviors end up there?

Reactions: ericram
One thing that bothered me a little is that the Kingdom's location was a secret. That's why they always did the supply drop out in the middle of nowhere. Ezekiel made a big deal out of this. How did the Saviors end up there?
I'm sure the Saviors knew exactly where it was, but agreed to meet the King at the location for appearance sake.

Judith wasn't left alone by the pond. I had to rewind and make sure, but there was some random Alexanderite with her. Saw her in a far away shot before Michonne walked up.
[/SPOILER]

The wife and I both missed that in the scene. We looked at each other at the same time and said, "what is up leaving a toddler alone by the pond" lol.

What is the FTWD reference?

It was announced a couple weeks ago(?) that Morgan was going to be the character that was doing the FTWD/TWD crossover. Which likely means he'll die on this show. I'm not really sure how they are going to make the timeline work though.

I'm guessing we'll find out how Eugene helped get them out in the 2nd half.

It was announced a couple weeks ago(?) that Morgan was going to be the character that was doing the FTWD/TWD crossover. Which likely means he'll die on this show. I'm not really sure how they are going to make the timeline work though.

How earth will that work...if he dies, they can't go future, if it's in the past, it's pre-bada$$. Makes no sense. Seems they'd need to bring a character from FTWD to TWD for it to work.

I know! Or maybe having it be Abraham since he's been killed off on TWD. That would be a little more believable.

This is on par with the other dumbass decisions these producers/writers/directors have made.

Reactions: FSUSarah
Any chance Carl is immune?

Well on the one hand a zombie bite in TWD doesn’t have to be fatal. That’s not how the zombie virus is spread, everyone already has it and it just turns on when you die. The threat of zombie bites is because it’s gross and has a mouth full of rot and bacteria. But with antibiotics it should be survivable.

Having said that....the actor who plays “Coral” said he’s only in one more episode and then he’s dead.

Well on the one hand a zombie bite in TWD doesn’t have to be fatal. That’s not how the zombie virus is spread, everyone already has it and it just turns on when you die. The threat of zombie bites is because it’s gross and has a mouth full of rot and bacteria. But with antibiotics it should be survivable.

NOW you tell us. Thanks Rick!

Sincerely,
Herschel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT