ADVERTISEMENT

Unusual Things You Experienced At Doak

Palm Valley Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
Atlantic Beach, Florida
The off season has me thinking about some of the funny or unusual and even sad things I’ve witnessed at Doak over the years.

I’ll start with a funny one.... Clemson was playing in Doak and their defensive coordinator showed up with a two tier riser with green indoor / outdoor carpeting completely covering it and 11 bright orange folding chairs seated on it and a old style rotary telephone on a table beside it.

Every time their defense came off of the field the starting 11 defenders would take a seat in those bright orange chairs and the telephone would ring and the defensive coaches up in the box would tell the coordinator what FSU was doing on offense.

This game got out of hand pretty quickly for Clemson as I remember and later in that game the Clemson defense didn’t even come near those 11 chairs and riser and the phone would just ring and ring .... no one even bothered to answer it.

It was a glorious day in Doak.... and as you can see I’ll never forget it.

Please add whatever you’ve witnessed... and it can be on the sidelines or in the stands or parking lot.....

What you got gentlemen?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News