ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Kids that Hit Ref

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Those two kids that speared the ref and then claimed that the coach told them to do it (which was met with some skepticism here) appears to have been telling the truth. The assistant coach, Mack Breed, admitted that he did give the code red. Tough spot for the kids. They shouldn't have done it. But you know what would have happened to them if they didn't do what the coach told them or told the HC - this Breed POS would have denied it.

FWIW, the kids have been suspended for the semester and have to go to alternative school. I hope the coach gets a life time ban. But, this being Texas, he will get a ban and then reinstated at another district once everything dies down.

Those two kids that speared the ref and then claimed that the coach told them to do it (which was met with some skepticism here) appears to have been telling the truth. The assistant coach, Mack Breed, admitted that he did give the code red. Tough spot for the kids. They shouldn't have done it. But you know what would have happened to them if they didn't do what the coach told them or told the HC - this Breed POS would have denied it.

FWIW, the kids have been suspended for the semester and have to go to alternative school. I hope the coach gets a life time ban. But, this being Texas, he will get a ban and then reinstated at another district once everything dies down.

the coach deserves a defenseless round of roshambo.

rfvmxgw2t6qhtkwtklpebmodi4whm0tlseidjuea1s5tnkpakccdaf2ngindx3p2.jpg

Reactions: DanC78
So the coach resigned and then recanted - said he did NOT tell them to hit the ref...

I have not read anything that indicated he recanted. The story is that on the way home he asked HC Gutierrez what would happen to the boys. Gutierrez responded that they would be removed from the team and he admitted to giving the code red. The following day he admitted to the principal in the presence of Gutierrez that he gave the code red.

I had heard that there were 3 kids that were told to hit the ref, and one stand up kid did the right thing and choose not to.

The whole thing is despicable. Whether or not the coach told the kids to do it they should know better. The coach is a bigger POS and apparently lacks any knowledge or common sense to put the kids future in jeopardy. Disgusting all around.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Absolutely, they should know better and they are learning a lesson that by being suspended, not playing and having to get to an alternative school. I'm just saying that is a tough position to be in for the kids. I have had a few POS coaches in my day, but their version of a story was always believed.

Yes no doubt tough spot for the kids. What the coach did to put their futures in jeopardy and ruin their reputation is borderline child abuse.

The coach definitely recanted and said his when he gave his original statement he thought it was for internal use only to try and save the kids from getting kicked off the team. Now I think he realizes how much trouble he may be in and has backed off the statements.

Apparently he was upset that that ref was "cheating" them and needed to be taken care of... never really saying to attack him from behind.

I think all 3 should be in jail and never be allowed on a football field again... if those kids are dumb enough to listen to a coach then they will probably end up in jail or dead anyways... might as well shorten the time frame.

If that isn't reckless endangerment, I don't know what is...

The whole thing is despicable. Whether or not the coach told the kids to do it they should know better. The coach is a bigger POS and apparently lacks any knowledge or common sense to put the kids future in jeopardy. Disgusting all around.

This. All 3 of them are complete losers. The coach is the worst, but the kids are right behind him. If the coach said "go jump off of the bridge" would the kids have complied? Hell no. They were happy to carry out the dim-witted directive of the idiot coach. The kids could have easily ignored the coach and later ratted him out or simply quit the team. They were not "forced" to be hoodlums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT