ADVERTISEMENT

Very Important Question...

reelnole72311

Starter
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2013
My husband and I are going to have our first (and probably only child) in February. Now I am a die hard Nole, have been since I was 6. Never miss a game, went to FSU, hell I even told my husband we weren't getting married over football season. Now my husband is a buckeye has been since around college and only ties are that he is from Ohio. He wasn't a huge fan when I met him but my craziness for football season has brought it out in him. Now I of course want our child to be a Seminole and raise them the right way. My husband is all for this 50/50 nonsense of a Nole and a buckeye. But if they are raised right they will only be a Nole. What do yall do with a split house, let the kid be 50/50 or try to have them be just a Nole?

Reactions: CJRN
I, like you, am in an FSU/OSU marriage. My battle is bigger because I am living in Columbus and my wife has had several family members play at OSU going all the way back to the Paul Brown days.

The influence of OSU is great up here but the kids, all four of them, represent FSU too, more so than OSU. You can influence them, just don't be obnoxious about it!

Just raise him to be a good kid and let him figure it out. Who cares if he's a Nole or a Buckeye, if he really gets off track, a Gator?

Reactions: NolaNole9
Where do you live? If you live in Ohio it would be tougher....but if you are in Florida don't worry about it.

You should post this in the TC.

If you live in Florida you have no problems. He will be a loner and have no friends if he chooses Ohio. However, the same could be true if you're in Ohio about our Noles. In a neutral state it will come down to which team wins the most. And like Cman said, who dresses him.

Congrats on your baby by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in Florida, raise him right. He's more likely to end up at FSU than Ohio State.

Plus your husband wasn't even a hardcore college football fan until he met you, and didn't go to the school.

No question here. Congrats on the kid!

My husband and I are going to have our first (and probably only child) in February. Now I am a die hard Nole, have been since I was 6. Never miss a game, went to FSU, hell I even told my husband we weren't getting married over football season. Now my husband is a buckeye has been since around college and only ties are that he is from Ohio. He wasn't a huge fan when I met him but my craziness for football season has brought it out in him. Now I of course want our child to be a Seminole and raise them the right way. My husband is all for this 50/50 nonsense of a Nole and a buckeye. But if they are raised right they will only be a Nole. What do yall do with a split house, let the kid be 50/50 or try to have them be just a Nole?

We do live in Florida and will definitely start making it back to Tallahassee now for games much more often so I'm sure that will be a big influence lol. I just have to keep my 7 brothers in law away from our kid haha!

Reactions: CJRN
Jesus, you're going to name the kid Bowden or Doak or some other such foolishness, aren't you?

Just raise a good person. Collegiate affiliation really doesn't matter.

My husband and I pull for different teams in both college and NFL. We made a deal while I was pregnant, I would get college, he would get NFL. It has worked out for us.

Better raise him a Nole.

In a few years, Meyer will have some sort of "episode". Heart problem, false cancer diagnosis, foot odor, who knows. He will use that as an excuse to move to the ND job (his dream job). tOSU will be left in shambles.

tOSU fans will be back to calling him everything cursed under the sun (just like they did when he coached the gates).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT