ADVERTISEMENT

Very random question for my Tallahassee residents...

This was a “plane” though right? I’m talking a LARGE, wide body jet.

The one that I saw over downtown looked like a regular ol' passenger plane (737, 747) but it had "NAVY" on the belly. It was flying North and then banked left around the Capitol and headed back toward the airport.

Reactions: noleone99
The one that I saw over downtown looked like a regular ol' passenger plane (737, 747) but it had "NAVY" on the belly. It was flying North and then banked left around the Capitol and headed back toward the airport.
Hmmm.

This large jet has made two low passes in last 30 minutes. I-10/Thomasville rd. Don’t have my camera today.
I probably shouldn't tell you this but it's a bombing reconnaissance run.

We in Southwood, have finally have had enough of you uppity, Northern Killearn people, thinking that you're better than us. It's on!

GsDZWSI.gif

Sorry, I was TRYING to organize a resistance against the annexation of Northern Killearn, but the Southwood HOA sent me pictures of my garbage cans yesterday saying they were still visible from the access road despite being behind a white picket fence and some shrubs, so I said eff it and just abstained from the vote. Maybe if the HOA is busy picking off some lingering Northern Killearn Rebels they’ll leave me alone for a month or two.

Have flown around the city and have been informed plenty of times by traffic controllers of military aircraft flying the pattern at TLH. Most of the time it is a C-130. They go around the traffic pattern quite a few times and then head back towards Tyndall. They are training and TLH is used for training traffic controllers as well. Mutual benefit maybe, increased traffic and both get experience...

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Have flown around the city and have been informed plenty of times by traffic controllers of military aircraft flying the pattern at TLH. Most of the time it is a C-130. They go around the traffic pattern quite a few times and then head back towards Tyndall. They are training and TLH is used for training traffic controllers as well. Mutual benefit maybe, increased traffic and both get experience...
Understand all that but this is a jet aircraft looking like Boeing 767 or so. Not a large military 4 engine propellor plane at all. Two turbofans, one on each wing. It always grabs my attention because hardly ANYTHING of its size comes in and out of TLH.

P-8 Poseidon?

VP-16, nicknamed the War Eagles, is an active Patrol Squadron of the U.S. Navy. It has been based at NAS Jacksonville, Florida since its founding in 1946. The squadron's mission is to operate Maritime patrol aircraft to the fleet in support of national interests.

images

images
Dude, you nailed it. I got a pic just now, I’m not capable of posting a pic, could I email it to someone to post? Not that exciting I guess but I was able to zoom in on my camera and see “NAVY.” Good to know. Mystery solved lol...

Dude, you nailed it. I got a pic just now, I’m not capable of posting a pic, could I email it to someone to post? Not that exciting I guess but I was able to zoom in on my camera and see “NAVY.” Good to know. Mystery solved lol...

Navy phased out nuclear depth charges, or that thing could be a lot scarier.

Reactions: noleone99
One engine on each wing. Looks like a large Airbus or Boeing. Mostly gray it appears and it IS NOT military from the looks of it. Has like commercial windows like a passenger jet.
Air America! CIA ;)

Honestly? No clue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT