ADVERTISEMENT

walking dead 2/22 NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS

Bartdog

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2002
Jax
Can we do this? Just like you guys did with GOT, with no book spoilers? Seriously I sat on everything from the hatching of the dragons to the red wedding out of respect for people experiencing the story for the first time.

TIA

Haha true.

My big question from tonight. It was proved they were being spied on. Was the conversation with Rick and Michonne about what they heard at the other compounds listened in on!? The sounds of kids playing/life happening could be piped in just to help ease the anxiety. The previews don't show any people. Michonne points that out from the pictures too.

Originally posted by FSUSarah:
Haha true.

My big question from tonight. It was proved they were being spied on. Was the conversation with Rick and Michonne about what they heard at the other compounds listened in on!? The sounds of kids playing/life happening could be piped in just to help ease the anxiety. The previews don't show any people. Michonne points that out from the pictures too.

My gf and I thought that immediately and I wondered if they may have piped the noise after hearing their convo.

I like the idea of a no comic spiked thread like the GoT ones... I hate always accidentally seeing a comic spoiler in TWD threads.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't think the Rick/Michonne convo was listened on. They spoke right by Aarons car, where the device was later found. I suppose Eric could have had one while hiding in that field but I doubt it and how would he have communicated it to anyone? Still, the sounds of the children at the gate left me with an eery feeling.

My question is this; Eric said to Rick that they could conceal the cries of the baby so no one could hear her because the walls of Alexandria were so thick. How then, could they hear those kids outside of the gate? I think something isn't right.

Originally posted by FSUSarah:
Haha true.

Ya, my wife said, "I wonder if they are playing a CD with kids laughing and playing." hhhmmmm

It may just be these two guys and they are lonely in their compound.

Originally posted by Chattanooga Nole:
My question is this; Eric said to Rick that they could conceal the cries of the baby so no one could hear her because the walls of Alexandria were so thick. How then, could they hear those kids outside of the gate? I think something isn't right.
Thought the same thing. I'm assuming he meant putting them in other parts of the compound away from the open gate.

Why not slow down with car when plowing through walkers, instead of flooring it and damaging car and losing control. The zombies are nearly disintegrating at this point when touched and don't see why you couldn't cruize through at 5 mph as they rolled of the side of the car.

And I guess wipers were not working as well.

Originally posted by travnole:
Why not slow down with car when plowing through walkers, instead of flooring it and damaging car and losing control. The zombies are nearly disintegrating at this point when touched and don't see why you couldn't cruize through at 5 mph as they rolled of the side of the car.

I assumed all the wipers dry-rotted a while ago.

Agree on the slow driving, though. Maybe they were trying to avoid them piling up and the car getting stuck on them (again)...like with Tryrese.

this was a very confusing episode for me, probably because I was playing on my laptop and half awake at the same time.

I did keep wondering why Rick didn't trust these guys and then kept reminding myself about Terminus. *shudder*

Rick is right to be as skeptical as he is. Something isn't right. I am starting to think that this Aaron guy doesn't have people but now realizes he needs people and is recruiting the crew. My guess is there isn't soul on the other side of those gates.

(Glances down from my cloud as a comic book knowing master race at all of the people who worship only tv).

(Farts in their general direction just a tiny bit of my knowledge)

Yeah, WE know what's going on and it's pretty clearly been set up by the show.

Originally posted by FSUTribe76:
(Glances down from my cloud as a comic book knowing master race at all of the people who worship only tv).

(Farts in their general direction just a tiny bit of my knowledge)

Yeah, WE know what's going on and it's pretty clearly been set up by the show.
Gee thanks. Now get back to the food threads and let us non-comic reading folk have our thread.

Because...Glenn

Originally posted by Formerly Rockymtnole:

Because...Glenn
he has turned into a bit of a hothead at times hasn't he.

Stay on the porch, Glenn...

Because...Glenn

(Laughs from cloud as you've inadvertently touched very lightly on a "spoiler")

(Floats away on cloud to hang with those in the know)

Burp

This post was edited on 2/23 1:35 PM by FSUTribe76

Even if Eric/Aaron heard Rick and Michionne's conversation, how would they have been able to communicate that to ASZ?

I think Eric and Aaron are pretty much on their own out there, until they come back.

Originally posted by tommynole3476:
Even if Eric/Aaron heard Rick and Michionne's conversation, how would they have been able to communicate that to ASZ?

I think Eric and Aaron are pretty much on their own out there, until they come back.
That could be. Maybe they got thrown out of the community and are loading up with tough guys to take over.

Not a comic spoiler, just from AMC for next week, here is the episodes tag:

"Molding into a new lifestyle is proving difficult for the group. Has life on the road proven too treacherous to go back to who they once were?"

Seems that maybe Alexandria is what they were hoping for in a safe community.

Originally posted by Bartdog:

this was a very confusing episode for me, probably because I was playing on my laptop and half awake at the same time.

I did keep wondering why Rick didn't trust these guys and then kept reminding myself about Terminus. *shudder*
Just like Terminus, these guys will definitely eat your meat.

Originally posted by seminoledq:

That could be. Maybe they got thrown out of the community and are loading up with tough guys to take over.
Well that last part can't be true based on the previews for next week.

I think the remainder of the season is the various members of the group having varying degrees of difficulties coping with an actual normal life, but mostly Rick, Carl, and Daryl. Maybe even getting dangerously close to being kicked out.

Maggie/Glenn and Abe/Rosita will probably come dangerously close to dying of dehydration since they'll be able to bang like rabbits in their new houses.

Then, the ASZ is attacked by The Wolves, bad boy Rick and Daryl kick in and save the day, and/or we're left with a cliffhanger for next season.

FTR, I didn't read the comics, but I do read spoiler boards, but the above is just my speculation.

I think the remainder of the season is the various members of the group having varying degrees of difficulties coping with an actual normal life, but mostly Rick, Carl, and Daryl. Maybe even getting dangerously close to being kicked out.

Maggie/Glenn and Abe/Rosita will probably come dangerously close to dying of dehydration since they'll be able to bang like rabbits in their new houses.

Then, the ASZ is attacked by The Wolves, bad boy Rick and Daryl kick in and save the day, and/or we're left with a cliffhanger for next season.

FTR, I didn't read the comics, but I do read spoiler boards, but the above is just my speculation.
So Walking Dead meets The Real World meets Survivor?

I'm still hopeful Maggie and Rosita decide life is too short and too tenuous for monogamous, heterosexual relationships.

Because...Glenn

Burp

Ya know, these types of posts make people want to pour poisonous sous vide into your saltwater fish tanks and pay TSA to get you on the no-fly list.

Originally posted by FSUTribe76

Burp
Ya know, these types of posts make people want to pour poisonous sous vide into your saltwater fish tanks and pay TSA to get you on the no-fly list.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Truthfully there's only one real spoiler to this show and that's......everyone's going to die. It's just a matter of when and a coin flip on whether it will be a walker or a person. No one will die peacefully in their sleep. Although that brings up an issue, lots of people die in their sleep so the only way you could have a fully safe community would be super strong walls and then locking up everyone while they sleep with only a shift of guards walking around. Or at least lock the doors in such a way a human could get out but not a walker.

Because...Glenn

Burp

Just remember... he's bragging about reading comic books.
wink.r191677.gif

Although I will give Tribe credit for his very clear spoiler alerts. He is very courteous not to give stuff away unlike others who drop spoilers without warning.

And no that's not a comic book spoiler, at least a handful of those on the show are still roaming around the comic book as far as I know. That's my educated guess. I don't get the comics just read the story lines online or sometimes read the collections at a bookstore if I'm killing time for a movie or at an airport, as a speed reader I'd be broke if I paid a bunch of money to look at something that would maybe eat up five minutes of my time and that's being generous. The last comics I bought was the collected Watchmen and all five of the complete leather bound collections of Sandman and I bought both of those about a year before the Watchmen movie came out. I do like movies and collected series based on comics but to pay for each little comic isn't something I would do.

This post was edited on 2/24 1:05 PM by FSUTribe76

And no that's not a comic book spoiler, at least a handful of those on the show are still roaming around the comic book as far as I know. That's my educated guess. I don't get the comics just read the story lines online or sometimes read the collections at a bookstore if I'm killing time for a movie or at an airport, as a speed reader I'd be broke if I paid a bunch of money to look at something that would maybe eat up five minutes of my time and that's being generous. The last comics I bought was the collected Watchmen and all five of the complete leather bound collections of Sandman and I bought both of those about a year before the Watchmen movie came out. I do like movies and collected series based on comics but to pay for each little comic isn't something I would do.

This post was edited on 2/24 1:05 PM by FSUTribe76
I will say once we move into a bigger place outside of tally in a few months, I have some old horror comics I picked up at estate sales that I want to frame and put in my entertainment room. I've got a ton with really great, artistic covers that I want to put together in a large frame and have it opposite some framed short of 40-50s Scifi pulp novels with great iconic covers. I've got some great old movie posters already up in my living room, but once we move I'm going to put those up with the comic book and pulp novels and maybe some other kitschy deco in my real entertainment room and the living room will just have some more tasteful antiques for clients to see.

Originally posted by Formerly Rockymtnole:

So Walking Dead meets The Real World meets Survivor?

I'm still hopeful Maggie and Rosita decide life is too short and too tenuous for monogamous, heterosexual relationships.
If you want to see characters going at it all willy-nilly, all combinations, then I suggest you check out Orphan Black.

And if the thread says Spoilers in the title, I feel warnings in individual posts are superfluous. :)~

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT