ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Smokey and the Bandit again last night...

We went to Philly this past weekend to meet him at a Convention. You can see a lot of media reports about how frail he appeared and was very tired from the several thousand people in attendance and he drew a large number of them to his table and photo op. When I told him I was Class of "94, he perked up and we talked about Charlie Ward for a few minutes. He was gracious to one and all and it was amazing how many younger fans were there. People in their early 20's wearing Malone t-shirts and carrying Paternity posters.

This thread just motivated me to buy it on DVD. $7.49 delivered on Amazon Prime. I know he has fallen on hard times, I bet if he had a simple website to sell copies of his movies signed for $25 or personalized for $50 he would make a mint. If I only paid $7.49, I'm sure he could get copies in bulk for $2.50 and could make several hundred dollars a day for just a few minutes a week of work.

Anybody have his number? I'll call him and help him set it up.

This thread just motivated me to buy it on DVD. $7.49 delivered on Amazon Prime. I know he has fallen on hard times, I bet if he had a simple website to sell copies of his movies signed for $25 or personalized for $50 he would make a mint. If I only paid $7.49, I'm sure he could get copies in bulk for $2.50 and could make several hundred dollars a day for just a few minutes a week of work.

Anybody have his number? I'll call him and help him set it up.
Not sure that's legal.

He had more than 700 people pay $50 an autograph and the photo op was $65 and I am guessing there were at least 500 people lined up for that. I know he closed his museum a few years ago and most of his stuff was sold at the auction last year, but he would make a mint selling autographed copies of his memoir that is coming out this November.

Not sure that's legal.

Why on earth wouldn't that be legal? Amazon sells movies, he sure as hell could set up a business selling movies if he wanted to, and at any price he wanted. If people choose to pay more for a signed copy that is between them. It's not illegal to sell autographs. It's not illegal to sell movies.

Why on earth wouldn't that be legal? Amazon sells movies, he sure as hell could set up a business selling movies if he wanted to, and at any price he wanted. If people choose to pay more for a signed copy that is between them. It's not illegal to sell autographs. It's not illegal to sell movies.

I'm saying "not sure" - not "definitely." But, there is that FBI warning on the front of every DVD that says it's illegal to redistribute.

I'm saying "not sure" - not "definitely." But, there is that FBI warning on the front of every DVD that says it's illegal to redistribute.

Yea, that means you buy 1, make copies of it and sell the copies. Or you show it in a movie house and charge admission. Completely different than buying them at wholesale from the licensed distributor and selling them at retail.

Yea, that means you buy 1, make copies of it and sell the copies. Or you show it in a movie house and charge admission. Completely different than buying them at wholesale from the licensed distributor and selling them at retail.

Oh I didn't get that you were saying buy from a distributor. Basically, doing it the legal way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT