ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Roberto get released on Hardknocks was tough

Watching him get cut didn't bother me at all. He knew it was coming and realizes he needs to get better.

I worry about Ricky. His kicks barely get over the line and his leg strength is marginal at best.

I hope we don't need him to win a game unless it's from 35 or less.
Gotta get the ball up quicker or he'll lose his job to LT IMO.

Reactions: foomanjaro
Saw a recent pre-season game for the bucs. Didn't RA's replacement miss a PAT and a FG or two?

Good thing about kickers is that they usually resurface and get several chances .Let's be honest kickers decide many games and if you can't be almost perfect they going to cut you .Hopkins..and Gano got cut now they both still in the league and Janokowsi still kicking bombs ...Roberto will have a good career unless he just totally looses it ..

it was clear early in the show that several teammates had completely lost faith in him when I believe Chris Baker was trash talking about him missing before kicking during the first practice. Same behavior with Folk too. Both were less than 50% in that practice on FG attempts. I know kickers have to me mentally tough, but talk like that from your own teammate is tough. Especially from someone who is a second year player and far from an established star.

I thought Roberto showed class when he was actually released, but geez I felt for the guy. He looked bewildered as to what was going to happen next. It's pretty sad when the most accurate kicker in college history can't mentally get it together. A change in scenery may help, but going to the "Windy City" was a disappointment, at least in my opinion. i am not sure whether the Bucs pulled the trigger too quickly. The pressure on Roberto was probably overwhelming but several teams have kept two kickers and used one purely for kickoffs. I would have liked to see that happen and perhaps down the road Roberto could have kicked his way out of trouble. As a Bucs' fan, I think they will eventually regret letting him go.
I had a hard time watching also. I know Roberto personally, having the opportunity to play golf with him and Cason Beatty multiple times. He's definitely a good human being, but the NFL can also stand for not for long! It's hard to believe that someone so accurate in college could fall apart when getting paid. Hope he sticks some where even if it's the Bears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT