ADVERTISEMENT

Watching SNL 40 thread

Originally posted by Rhino_nole:
Originally posted by DanC78:
Originally posted by NoleHitterThru8:
I don't find McCarthy funny at all. Hated Bridesmaids, Identity Thief and The Heat, but actually chuckled when she dove on the does the other night. Her Matt Foley was better than Emma Stone's Roseanne Roseannadanna, imho.

Are you a commie or something...those movies are hilarious...especially Bridesmaids!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Is this real life? Bridesmaids is mildly amusing but The Heat is awful and Identify Thief is only slightly better.
Okay, commie was a bit over the top. But those movies are good imo. Of course, Bridesmaids is by far the best of the 3. But I liked watching Heat and Identity Thief, they were worth the 2 hours when looking for something funny to watch and you can't find anything else.

I also thought McCarthy did a GREAT Farley. Roseanne Roseaddadanna was never a funny character imo, Must be one of those bits that were funny at that time for that generation, but made no sense for me...that goes the same with every bit back then...including the great Eddie Murphy skits...I didn't laugh at any of them...just wasn't funny to me.

I don't find McCarthy funny at all. Hated Bridesmaids, Identity Thief and The Heat, but actually chuckled when she dove on the does the other night. Her Matt Foley was better than Emma Stone's Roseanne Roseannadanna, imho.

Are you a commie or something...those movies are hilarious...especially Bridesmaids!

Is this real life? Bridesmaids is mildly amusing but The Heat is awful and Identify Thief is only slightly better.
Okay, commie was a bit over the top. But those movies are good imo. Of course, Bridesmaids is by far the best of the 3. But I liked watching Heat and Identity Thief, they were worth the 2 hours when looking for something funny to watch and you can't find anything else.

I also thought McCarthy did a GREAT Farley. Roseanne Roseaddadanna was never a funny character imo, Must be one of those bits that were funny at that time for that generation, but made no sense for me...that goes the same with every bit back then...including the great Eddie Murphy skits...I didn't laugh at any of them...just wasn't funny to me.
I don't disagree with everything in your post, but I say this with genuine concern, I think you may have a tumor or something. You should see a doctor.

Oh Dan Dan Dan. I'm a huge Farley fan but just thought she tried to hard. I didn't even smirk and actually felt bad for her.

The person I felt most bad for was Jim Belushi. It pained me seeing him standing in for his brother in the Blues Brothers. It's just not right. Too high of a standard to live up to.

Originally posted by CobNole:

Oh Dan Dan Dan. I'm a huge Farley fan but just thought she tried to hard. I didn't even smirk and actually felt bad for her.

Really...we all laughed over here! We weren't crying laughing, but by no means did we feel sorry for her because it was so bad!

Originally posted by CobNole:

Really...we all laughed over here! We weren't crying laughing, but by no means did we feel sorry for her because it was so bad!
I have to agree with the other guys in regards to her other movies. I tried giving her a chance but just don't find her funny.

Finally watched it last night and I thought the show was just ok. The Jeopardy and Seinfeld Question bits were hilarious, but much like regular episodes of SNL the other 90% was a waste of my time. The worst were the musical numbers. They tried and failed to deliver anything funny in the cold opener and Adam Sandler "digital short". Very forgettable and just a total waste of my time. The Californians and Wayne's World skits were probably the best of the rest but it just reminded me of much better iterations of those same concepts.

I will say again as it bears repeating that the Jeopardy and Seinfeld segments were absolutely hilarious.

I thought they might have looked back and closed the chapter on the Nora Dunn and Dice Clay fuel with something small between the two (maybe introduce an ant or something).

Seinfeld got some good air time but no JLD? Found that a little strange.

Also, no Dennis Miller who was perhaps my all time favorite.

I wonder if there is a list of cast that did not attend.

I won the bet with my wife that at the end of the tribute to the ones who have passed that they would show someone that was still alive, just didn't think it was going to be Lovitz because they already made one reference to him being dead.

Originally posted by TorreyOaks:
The "White Hate" for Kanye will always make me laugh.
Does "Black Hate" make you laugh too? How about Yellow, Brown, Green or Purple?

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:
Originally posted by TorreyOaks:
The "White Hate" for Kanye will always make me laugh.
That's a HOT TAKE for only your third post - pace yourself there, supernova!
I've been around for years...about 2003. I just took a break.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT