ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE NOT VERY GOOD ( Former Player)

teapotfsu

Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
Just for legitimacy let begin by saying I was a member of the 1993 National Championship team.

I’m my humble opinion WT is done. Why? These players do not believe in him and therefore do not sell out for him.

The Taggart era has been a perfect storm. Average talent and average coaching means average results. As a man I love WT. I was on the sidelines his first Spring Game when he almost sold it out. But his players do not put it on the line for him. I was a receiver and remember Coach Eason telling us that we had to catch everything because Coach Bowden was catching hell for playing Charlie after two consecutive 3 INT games his junior year. Just the thought of us letting CB down made us perform. Not many people remember C Wards rocky start. I’m hoping down the road no one remembers WT rocky start but regardless of talent level which I will admit is marginal. ( SIDE NOTE - regardless of recruiting stars -name one person on this roster that would have started in the 90s) these kids don not put it on the line for WT. With marginal talent if he can’t inspire them to be greater than themselves he’s done. I hope he can turn it around but with the evidence I’ve seen I’m not optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News