ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

So for those who believe there are 2 or more time lines, Doesn't the MIB (Harris) has blue eyes and William (Simpson) have brown eyes?

So for those who believe there are 2 or more time lines, Doesn't the MIB (Harris) has blue eyes and William (Simpson) have brown eyes?

The 2 timelines doesn't mean MiB and William are the same person. While there is a theory that MiB = William, I've seen others that state it is very likely that there are two timelines at play regardless of whether that is true or not.

The 2 timelines doesn't mean MiB and William are the same person. While there is a theory that MiB = William, I've seen others that state it is very likely that there are two timelines at play regardless of whether that is true or not.
Right I was asking in particular about the William story line is 30 years before the MIB story line and William is the MIB.

Re-watching Episode 1 and 2 today, noticed a few things (not necessarily of any merit, just things I missed before.

1. They do state how many hosts there are (10% of total = 2,800 so total is around 28,000 hosts).
2. They state how many guests there are (over 1,400 in the park)
3. The train station that William arrives at in Episode 2 looks strikingly similar to the escalators of the cold storage area in Episode 1. I couldn't find any specific landmarks besides the configuration of the escalators that could tie it to the setting where William arrives.
4. They show the outside of the facility, which I had missed. It appears the facility overlooks the park from atop a plateau.
5. There's a comment from Arnold about mistakes, saying "Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool ... mistake".

Reactions: dero316
Something else that can point to the two timelines. When William is shot he's gets a really bad bruise. When MiB gets shot the bullets barely nick him or phase him. It would stand to reason technology has come a long way since the time William was shot.

Has anyone re-watched the latest episode? (I haven't) but I could've sworn that Ford uses the MiB's name when they're sitting down with each other.

Something else that can point to the two timelines. When William is shot he's gets a really bad bruise. When MiB gets shot the bullets barely nick him or phase him. It would stand to reason technology has come a long way since the time William was shot.

It could also just be an experienced gamer not being phased since he's been shot multiple times compared to a noob walking in for the first time.

Has anyone re-watched the latest episode? (I haven't) but I could've sworn that Ford uses the MiB's name when they're sitting down with each other.

Just checked the transcripts from the episode. The only names mentioned were Wyatt, Teddy, and Robert (Ford). Ford doesn't address the MiB by any specific name or designation.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Clearly up for debate who is a host and who is not. Also, the way they all froze with a thought....might all be in The Matrix.

Do we know Arnold's last name? I ask as the anagram for Bernard Lowe is "Arnold Weber"

Very interesting. As you probably know, screenwriters do that sort of thing all of the time to impart similarities between two characters to the viewer. While obviously not the same person, Bernard and Arnold do share a number of similarities. Their approach to the hosts is the same. Bernard humanizes them much more than anyone else. I think that ultimately Bernard wants to create the perfect AI so that he can replicate his deceased son. It still presents the same problem with Ford though.

Anyone checked out the HBO West World web site? It has this cool AI program that you can ask questions and see what the responses are.

Is the maze a place where a human can upload their consciousness into a host?

I think the part thats tripping many of you up - the resets are taking place over many game cycles. We're only following these two timelines but we are seeing that the hosts have lived thru thousands. How much time do they need between each game to clean up? Who knows. What we do know is that some of the hosts are starting to remember the cycles.
So when a host "dies" they are dead for that game. It might take a while to recover the body but it doesnt matter as they are out for that game.
Also, we've seen that westworld can be accessed by staff from below. They likelyhave access points near the towns.

I think the part thats tripping many of you up - the resets are taking place over many game cycles. We're only following these two timelines but we are seeing that the hosts have lived thru thousands. How much time do they need between each game to clean up? Who knows. What we do know is that some of the hosts are starting to remember the cycles.
So when a host "dies" they are dead for that game. It might take a while to recover the body but it doesnt matter as they are out for that game.
Also, we've seen that westworld can be accessed by staff from below. They likelyhave access points near the towns.
Didnt the guys make reference they were only there for a week or two?

'Fake Plastic Trees' played as the opening player-piano tune last night and then 'Motion Picture Sountrack' as Maeve went on her walk...both by Radiohead.

The excellent music on this show continues.

Ha! I was gonna post the same thing. Have loved the music in this show.

Ha! I was gonna post the same thing. Have loved the music in this show.

Yeah the music has been absolutely perfect. I have noticed that the background synth music has become increasingly sci-fi and dramatic. The show, as interesting and exciting as it has been, still has been coming to a slow boil. I feel like it is REALLY about to take off.

Yeah the music has been absolutely perfect. I have noticed that the background synth music has become increasingly sci-fi and dramatic. The show, as interesting and exciting as it has been, still has been coming to a slow boil. I feel like it is REALLY about to take off.
Last nights's episode did seem to be teasing an uptick in action and plot development. I loved it.

So did Ford freeze Bernard? I ask because how else does Anthony Hopkins get there so quickly?

Why does the basement of the Westworld office look like something from Silent Hill?

Why didn't Felix and Sylvester (cats) dumb down Maeve?

How did Theresa program the hosts to shoot lasers in the sky? She's not a programmer.

The scene of Ford re-living his childhood w/that first generation of Hosts was sad. Explains why we keep seeing the boy though.

Reactions: dmm5157
So did Ford freeze Bernard? I ask because how else does Anthony Hopkins get there so quickly?

Why does the basement of the Westworld office look like something from Silent Hill?

How did Theresa program the hosts to shoot lasers in the sky? She's not a programmer.

I took it as Ford was already down there in the house.

Good question about Felix and Sylvester. I'm not sure why they are so scared of Maeve, or worse yet why they give in. They have 100% control over here, they can even dumb her down (as you said) and reduce her settings. She can't do anything without them allowing her to. I don't get their motivation. I suppose his tinkering with the bird is supposed to mean he's curious about how "they" work. Curiosity killed the cat.

No idea about the lasers and what is going on with Theresa.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
The scene of Ford re-living his childhood w/that first generation of Hosts was sad. Explains why we keep seeing the boy though.

Yeah, that was the least surprising part of the episode to me (the little boy). It does make sense, though, why he would opt to make a little place for himself.

An earlier poster asked if Ford has special ways to command the hosts and I believe that was answered in this episode when he tells the boy: "Turn the other cheek". This causes the host's face to open up revealing its robotic inner workings.
I do not agree that the show has been developing slowly, at least not to the point where its been detrimental. I like the "slow" pace and am not one of those people who needs to have all the answers now, season end, etc. I think thats a tribute to just how well the show is written and how strong the world they created is in holding the attention of the audience.

Reactions: BelemNole
I feel that shows like Lost which asked a lot of questions and left a lot of questions unanswered is why people want answers quickly.

This show is really making people ask more questions as the season goes along like

1. what's up with Theresa?
2. who grabbed Elsie?
3. How bad is the real world if getting fired from westworld is a job that everyone there "needs"?
4. Seriously, what's up with the lower levels of the westworld offices and why are they restricted?

I just watched the last episode again. Did anybody catch Yul Brynner in the background when Bernard went "downstairs"?

I didn't on my own, but saw mentioned as an Easter Egg in one of the sites that provided an episode review.

Read an interview with the writers yesterday where they implied that the reason why Maeve was not dumbed down will be explained in a later episode.

I feel that shows like Lost which asked a lot of questions and left a lot of questions unanswered is why people want answers quickly.

This show is really making people ask more questions as the season goes along like

1. what's up with Theresa?
2. who grabbed Elsie?
3. How bad is the real world if getting fired from westworld is a job that everyone there "needs"?
4. Seriously, what's up with the lower levels of the westworld offices and why are they restricted?
I think #3 is the most interesting one to me. I have a feeling the real world potentially looks a lot more like the basement of the complex than the "normal" floors.

Agreed on him already there.

I think they are jumpy minions. They thought they had control and when she jumped the shark by waking up (several times) she showed she may not be controlled by programming as thought, meaning she might also be able to harm or kill. So motivation is fear and a bit of curiosity.

Surely Teresa has a tech background had help from whomever she is working for to steal information.

I took it as Ford was already down there in the house.

Good question about Felix and Sylvester. I'm not sure why they are so scared of Maeve, or worse yet why they give in. They have 100% control over here, they can even dumb her down (as you said) and reduce her settings. She can't do anything without them allowing her to. I don't get their motivation. I suppose his tinkering with the bird is supposed to mean he's curious about how "they" work. Curiosity killed the cat.

No idea about the lasers and what is going on with Theresa.

I believe signs are increasingly pointing to Bernard being a host in disguise to perhaps keep tabs on things? There are a few things that Dr. Ford has said to him/about him that seem quite curious, in addition to him immediately knowing about the romance between him and Theresa.

I believe signs are increasingly pointing to Bernard being a host in disguise to perhaps keep tabs on things? There are a few things that Dr. Ford has said to him/about him that seem quite curious, in addition to him immediately knowing about the romance between him and Theresa.

There's a lot that makes sense with that theory, too. Especially when someone earlier mentioned possible ties back to Arnold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT