ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

So did Ford freeze Bernard? I ask because how else does Anthony Hopkins get there so quickly?

Why does the basement of the Westworld office look like something from Silent Hill?

Looking like the internet is really liking the "Bernard is a Robot" angle, and more over a clone of Arnold.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-the-adversary-who-is-arnold-what-is-the-maze

Summary:
Bernard couldn't see Ford because Ford didn't want him to see him until that moment which is why he appeared out of nowhere

Bernard couldn't see himself in the photo with Ford and his father that we saw earlier because he's a robot and seeing himself in an old photo would not compute

I believe signs are increasingly pointing to Bernard being a host in disguise to perhaps keep tabs on things? There are a few things that Dr. Ford has said to him/about him that seem quite curious, in addition to him immediately knowing about the romance between him and Theresa.

But he had a teleconference with his (ex?) wife and they commiserated about the dead child? I don't buy it. Not yet.

But he had a teleconference with his (ex?) wife and they commiserated about the dead child? I don't buy it. Not yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernard (was Arnold) or was a real person as some point in time and Ford created a host version of he real person. At some point in his real life he lost his son and talked to his wife via teleconference and the video is archived.

Reactions: dmm5157
I wouldn't be surprised if Bernard (was Arnold) or was a real person as some point in time and Ford created a host version of he real person. At some point in his real life he lost his son and talked to his wife via teleconference and the video is archived.

Yep, that would make a whole lot of sense. I tend to agree with this reasoning, if he is indeed an android.

Reactions: peezy28 and DanC78
giphy.gif

No surprise about Bernard but it was still cool to see. Hopkins "killed" it again last night, he is just incredible as an actor, the fear he can create in the audience is palpable.

I like them killing off characters that are important the way they do, reminds me of GoT. Hopefully, the liaison from the company will be next, shes annoying.

So are the confederados proof that there are two timeliness?

And the number of characters is dropping quickly. 3 this week alone.

Drawing a blank, who's the 3rd? Theresa and the whore I got, who was 3?

Love that they have a solid sequencing to this show. Some shows get to the "hidden" agenda in episode 2 or 3, but these folks have given enough time to get attached to characters, have the audience get confused/clarify/get confused again, and now the real "is Ford really tied in to everything that happens in this place?"

Drawing a blank, who's the 3rd? Theresa and the whore I got, who was 3?

Love that they have a solid sequencing to this show. Some shows get to the "hidden" agenda in episode 2 or 3, but these folks have given enough time to get attached to characters, have the audience get confused/clarify/get confused again, and now the real "is Ford really tied in to everything that happens in this place?"

Elsie, although I'm reading theories that she may crop up again. I guess technically she got nixed at end of previous episode, but this episode we get confirmation that she went missing.

No surprise about Bernard but it was still cool to see. Hopkins "killed" it again last night, he is just incredible as an actor, the fear he can create in the audience is palpable.

I like them killing off characters that are important the way they do, reminds me of GoT. Hopefully, the liaison from the company will be next, shes annoying.

I agree on the liason being annoying, but killing her off would mean the 4 "deaths" so far this season are all women. That would probably cause a tizzy.

My guess is there are more hosts around than we realize at Westworld. Seems like it's possible people could be killed and then cloned into hosts. Especially since the site is very remote and people don't return home very often. Seems like Ford was working on a new host, could be a Theresa clone, maybe.

Reactions: BelemNole and RTM58
I agree on the liason being annoying, but killing her off would mean the 4 "deaths" so far this season are all women. That would probably cause a tizzy.

My guess is there are more hosts around than we realize at Westworld. Seems like it's possible people could be killed and then cloned into hosts. Especially since the site is very remote and people don't return home very often. Seems like Ford was working on a new host, could be a Theresa clone, maybe.

Definitely think that he was building a Theresa down there. Her DNA would have been all over the park, but he also had lunch with her at that remote location earlier in the season. He could have easily culled her DNA off of her glass at the lunch without anyone noticing. For all we know, this type of thing has happened in the past. He very well could have "hosts" within the board already.

Definitely think that he was building a Theresa down there. Her DNA would have been all over the park, but he also had lunch with her at that remote location earlier in the season. He could have easily culled her DNA off of her glass at the lunch without anyone noticing. For all we know, this type of thing has happened in the past. He very well could have "hosts" within the board already.

Not only that, he could easily have Bernard collect anyone's DNA (or any other hosts for that matter).

Reactions: Cubman777
So do you think Benard was once human?

Was the Asian man killed by the host prostitute a human or host? I was confused because I thought the board member told Teresa a human needed to die and wasn't sure if that was the sacrifice.

Was the board member implying during her convo with T that the government wants the host technology or just want the park their way?

Lastly, why was the security guard so apprehensive about putting down the prostitute host? I mean they could easily rebuild her which they did. Why didn't he just walk in there and put a few rounds in her without warning?

Last edited:
Agree about Theresa, seems logical. Charlotte was the one that mentioned the blood sacrifice to her and subsequent actions lead me to believe she may be a host as well like Bernard. Ford could be replacing people of importance for obvious reasons with an endgame of making hosts replace mankind entirely, himself included (if he hasn't done that already).

Was the Asian man killed by the host prostitute a human or host? I was confused because I thought the board member told Teresa a human needed to die and wasn't sure if that was the sacrifice.

Was the board member implying during her convo with T that the government wants the host technology or just want the park their way?

Lastly, why was the security guard so apprehensive about putting down the prostitute host? I mean they could easily rebuild her which they did. Why didn't he just walk in there and put a few around in her without warning?

I took the Asian man to be a host, considering they both froze in place when instructed by Teresa.

And agreed about the apprehension of the guard shooting her. Earlier in the show, he seemed pretty gungho about cowboying up.

Reactions: nynole1
I took the Asian man to be a host, considering they both froze in place when instructed by Teresa.

And agreed about the apprehension of the guard shooting her. Earlier in the show, he seemed pretty gungho about cowboying up.

I think his hesitation was to allow the scene unfold to prove the host was out of control. Let her turn on him and a second example of the code going off the rails.

+1 on the Asian dude froze so I assumed he was a host as well. Plus, the reaction to him getting his head smashed in was not "oh my god a person just died!" but a more subdued "she remembered the beating and flipped the script, thats dangerous."

Watched TWD and Westworld bak to back. Very different resulting responses. This was as pretty good episode, definitely left with the sensation well, its all about to hit the fan now.

Lastly, why was the security guard so apprehensive about putting down the prostitute host? I mean they could easily rebuild her which they did. Why didn't he just walk in there and put a few rounds in her without warning?

I think Bernard is a replica of Arnold. I think we covered the conveniences of this a couple pages ago.

Asian guy was a host. They explained that it was a host that was programmed to appear as a guest for authenticity.

I think the board member was saying they just wanted the code, that the hosts/park meant nothing to the board.

Covered above, I think the guard was giving a chance for standard protocol to take over but it didn't so he put her down.

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28 and RTM58
Watched TWD and Westworld bak to back. Very different resulting responses. This was as pretty good episode, definitely left with the sensation well, its all about to hit the fan now.
I made the mistake of doing that too. TWD can't hold a candle to Westworld.

A few questions:

1. Where's Elsie?
  2. Who took Elsie?
  3. What will Ford do to get the board to leave?
  4. If Ford knows "everything" does he know about Maeve?
  5. What makes Delores so special that her prototype design winds up with the Bernard protype and kid Ford design?
  6. Is the maze really a thing or merely a narrative created by Ford?
  7. Back to Elsie. Who put her on leave is Bernard was her boss?

I doubt Bernard is a clone of Arnold. Because Arnold was white in the pic that Ford had in his office.

So am I to assume the girl from the board that fired Bernard is also a host created by Ford??? Afterall how would Ford have known she said that thing about a blood sacrifice that he repeated to Theresa right before she died?

Reactions: LesClaypool
I doubt Bernard is a clone of Arnold. Because Arnold was white in the pic that Ford had in his office.

The picture in Ford's office was of ford and his father, who we see in the cabin. There's room in the picture for a 3rd person but since Bernard is a Droid and cannot see what he's not supposed to, it is just empty space.

Go look at the photo again. Almost certainly will come out that Bernard is Arnold's clone.

photo%20of%20arnold%20and%20dr.%20ford%20westworld.png

Last edited:
So am I to assume the girl from the board that fired Bernard is also a host created by Ford??? Afterall how would Ford have known she said that thing about a blood sacrifice that he repeated to Theresa right before she died?

It is possible that the host she was having sex with was still recording even when she said, "off." Ford could have been listening in through that guy.

It is possible that the host she was having sex with was still recording even when she said, "off." Ford could have been listening in through that guy.
I think these are both legitimate scenarios.

so, part of the waiver to enter the park: By entering the Delos Destinations Port of Entry, you acknowledge that Delos, Inc. controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. Delos, Inc. reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.

One can only assume they use these to create hosts for a purpose of eternal life as a Host. Am I off base here?

The fact that no one knew Bernard was host pretty much brings that out in the open.

BTW the show has been renewed for a second season to start in either 2017 or 2018. One of the most expensive shows at $100 million to produce. It also doing extremely well with ratings and is an unqualified hit for HBO.

I wonder if they will wrap this story line and start another, or continue this one further.

I think Bernard is a replica of Arnold. I think we covered the conveniences of this a couple pages ago.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me about Bernard being a replica of Arnold is that nobody recognizes him as Arnold. I understand that Bernard wouldn't recognize himself as Arnold because of the rules with hosts. However, you would think someone as well known as Arnold would be recognized by other people working for the same company. Maybe Arnold uploaded his consciousness into a host or even Bernard, but I find it hard to believe that Bernard looks just like Arnold and nobody is aware.

Couldn't he just have the room bugged and heard their conversation?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT