ADVERTISEMENT

What behaviors or habits are you changing?

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
in reaction to this pandemic?
I’m staying home more. I’m not going to the gym for the next couple of weeks, but I am taking longer walks and doing stretching and planks, not getting takeout food and no more eating out.
I’m doing some work in the yard that I’ve neglected,
Washing my hands all the time even if I haven’t left the house
I’m GOING to clean up the garage dadgummit...okay, maybe.
My concern now is do I worry about having to go to work? I just have a part time job at a car dealership but I’ll be around people. If we are forced to shut down, I feel sorry for some of the other people there who will be in a bind financially. I’m more fortunate because I’m retired and the money is not essential, although it’s nice walking around $$.
What are y’all doing in your lives to stay healthy - and busy?

Went to my Corvette club meeting today. Went to the grocery store and Lowe's yesterday.
I did wipe down the grocery cart handle for the first time in my life.
Now I'm stuck inside the house with nothing on TV and it's raining outside.
Probably mop the kitchen floor. Haven't done that in a while so it needs it.

Reactions: squiffynole
Sitting on my front porch wrapped up in toilet paper while drinking lots of water. It's difficult cause if you spill any water on yourself then it tears & I have to rewrap.

This is going to be difficult with 2 children. We stayed inside today or swam in our pool but it’s hard to keep them entertained. My son wants to play with the neighbors kids. It’s even harder when the neighbors aren’t adopting social distancing as well. I feel like everyone is going to end up getting sick because you need 100% adoption for containment to work and it has to be for months at a time. Also, I have no earthly idea how I’m going to get any work done with the kids out of school now.

Reactions: squiffynole
In our fortunate circumstance I figure there is plenty of stuff to do at home for a couple of months. But for people who need to go to a job everyday, for people who have children at home to parent, my heart goes out to you.

So today I planted heirloom hot pepper seeds in starter trays then prepared growing containers with a mix of gardening soil, sand and home compost. Tomorrow I rake out the leaves and turn our garden soil, unfortunately we've still got Live Oak leaves falling and the pine pollen is awful so outside activity has it limits.

I also cleaned out/cleaned up our vintage 2000 Toyota Avalon which I want to sell - high mileage, bad cosmetics, good power train - make an offer.

The wife is talking about repainting our kitchen/dining area, which I can handle, and repainting our kitchen cabinets, which freaks me out. Plus I'm thinking of ordering a roll of radiant barrier and to finish up our roof rafters. Also want to finish up assembling and uploading personal and financial records to an encrypted password manager service I've migrated to.

I guess I could make another run through our federal tax return, we owe a bundle so I'm in no rush to pay. And I'm wanting to establish a living family trust instead of a simple will so there is another project.

The wife wants to drive around St. Marks Wildlife Refuge next week, it not like we'd be hanging with other people, and maybe a windshield tour of St. George Island.

Health scare aside, I'm seeing a chance to get a lot done instead of hours and hours I would be spending at FSU baseball and softball games.

We aren’t doing much differently. We don’t typically leave the property on the weekends unless we’re going out on the lake. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kroger and Tractor Supply running normally yesterday. Everything was in stock and I didn’t see anyone with an abnormal amount of anything.

This is going to be difficult with 2 children. We stayed inside today or swam in our pool but it’s hard to keep them entertained. My son wants to play with the neighbors kids. It’s even harder when the neighbors aren’t adopting social distancing as well. I feel like everyone is going to end up getting sick because you need 100% adoption for containment to work and it has to be for months at a time. Also, I have no earthly idea how I’m going to get any work done with the kids out of school now.

Video games? Maybe even try and set up a discord chat so they can play and talk with their friends?

Reactions: MoreToPrideNole850
Staying at home, fixing up some stuff around the house, bought a lot more lead, covered on food and water for months, and looking forward to turkey season starting Saturday!!

I am not going to the gym for a while. Rather I am opting for a lot of running.

in reaction to this pandemic?
I’m staying home more. I’m not going to the gym for the next couple of weeks, but I am taking longer walks and doing stretching and planks, not getting takeout food and no more eating out.
I’m doing some work in the yard that I’ve neglected,
Washing my hands all the time even if I haven’t left the house
I’m GOING to clean up the garage dadgummit...okay, maybe.
My concern now is do I worry about having to go to work? I just have a part time job at a car dealership but I’ll be around people. If we are forced to shut down, I feel sorry for some of the other people there who will be in a bind financially. I’m more fortunate because I’m retired and the money is not essential, although it’s nice walking around $$.
What are y’all doing in your lives to stay healthy - and busy?
I'm into stretching everything I am aware of. But I've got to continue to eat out. If I don't eat out, I could go stir crazy. Thanks so much for your daily updates! Great idea to post this! We appreciate all your feedback!

Reactions: canoli
I am off work until 4/15 at the earliest, and I would not be surprised to see school cancelled for the remainder of the school year. I had only been back at work 3 weeks from 3 months off recovering from knee replacement, so I am getting a good idea of how retirement will be, which is getting close for me. I do feel awful for the families with kids and they are having to work.

As for changes to my routine, I live in the boon docks and cannot see my nearest neighbor, so social interaction is not a big issue. Our church has suspended services. I teach a young couples Sunday School class so I will be putting it online for the class. We are also getting our house ready to put on the market so it will give me a good chance to do a lot of work on that project. Will also finally be able to make the repairs to my shop damaged during hurricane Michael. I have a freezer full of venison, lobster and some fish. Have plenty of chicken too. Veggies will be coming in soon so we will be OK food wise. Have a 400+' well so water is not an issue either. We will buy all we can via order and pick up if items are needed. Have several dive trips planned so that should keep the fish stocks replenished.

My daughter has been in Cozumel for a 10 day trip and is headed home. I told her I would see her when her 14 day isolation period is over. She is a nurse practitioner so she is not going into to work until the 14 days are up. We did buy up some food supplies for her and the hubby and put them in her house. I think some of the panic buying has been stupid. I saw 2 pallets full of toilet paper get wiped out in less than 5 mins in Lowes off all places Sunday afternoon.

I am hoping maybe we will see the LR traffic pick up a little since nothing is happening sports wise. Hope all you stay safe and well.

Squiffy,
Is that a 15 or 17 whaler in your pic? Looks like you have set up nice for bay and flats fishing. The St. Marks area is beautiful, love going down there. IF it were not so far there and then to offshore to good diving grounds I would keep my boat at Shields.

I stopped making money on my investments. I tried to stop touching my face, but that is crazy hard. I stopped leaving my house.
In regards to your face, is it currently hurting? Because its killin' me!
Get it? ;););););) ;)GO NOLES 2021????? At some time, we will be able to go. I think. Definitely. Maybe. This virus bites!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT