ADVERTISEMENT

What food do you hate yourself after eating

My quarterly guilty pleasure is Long Jone Silver's Chicken Planks and a ton of Hushpuppies. The other would likely be a Classic Cinnabon as someone else mentioned with extra icing. I do one of those every 4-5 months.

Reactions: cfbfan23
Wings...I crave them big time and then feel disgusting after eating.

When in college that wasn’t the case. I could eat 20+ and it wouldn’t phase me. Not so much nowadays. I’ll eat 8 and then feel like I want to go puke.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Wings...I crave them big time and then feel disgusting after eating.

When in college that wasn’t the case. I could eat 20+ and it wouldn’t phase me. Not so much nowadays. I’ll eat 8 and then feel like I want to go puke.

I was/am the same way. When you think about it wings are actually pretty nasty.

I was/am the same way. When you think about it wings are actually pretty nasty.

No more than 99.9% of food out there. Milk is disgusting if you think about what it really is (all milks are just modified sweat from sweat glands that have been genetically altered over time to provide more sustenance than usual and cow milk comes from nipples that are quite phallic looking), honey is absolutely disgusting (bee vomit with bee feces and urine plus body parts in it), etc... But meat? Who cares. It’s less disgusting than about 80% of what the vegans eat which is mainly the sexual organs and offspring of living entities (all fruits as well as “veggies” that are really fruits like tomatoes, eggplants, squash, cucumbers etc...and “veggies” that are really seeds like beans, lentils and peas. Or flowering sexual organs like Brocolli and cauliflower. Very few veggies are actually “the flesh” of the living entities.

No more than 99.9% of food out there. Milk is disgusting if you think about what it really is (all milks are just modified sweat from sweat glands that have been genetically altered over time to provide more sustenance than usual and cow milk comes from nipples that are quite phallic looking), honey is absolutely disgusting (bee vomit with bee feces and urine plus body parts in it), etc... But meat? Who cares. It’s less disgusting than about 80% of what the vegans eat which is mainly the sexual organs and offspring of living entities (all fruits as well as “veggies” that are really fruits like tomatoes, eggplants, squash, cucumbers etc...and “veggies” that are really seeds like beans, lentils and peas. Or flowering sexual organs like Brocolli and cauliflower. Very few veggies are actually “the flesh” of the living entities.
giphy.gif

I'm not talking about where wings come from, just that they're basically just stringy meat and gristle between bone and skin. The best part about them is the wing sauce.

Don't get me wrong, I probably ate thousands of them at FSU. But I also don't eat ramen noodles and Kraft macaroni these days either.

My roommate worked at Buffalo's off Pensacola.

I’m more than confident he personally put them out of business. Actually, him and the entire staff.

Those wings were awesome...and that blue cheese!!!

Smoke wings with your favorite rub and add Habanero Powder to one side for hot and both sides for nuclear. All the flavor, a lot of heat and none of the grease. Very good and everyone you sever them to will swear it is the best wings they have ever had.

Smoke wings with your favorite rub and add Habanero Powder to one side for hot and both sides for nuclear. All the flavor, a lot of heat and none of the grease. Very good and everyone you sever them to will swear it is the best wings they have ever had.
Try grilling them sprinkled with lemon pepper and Anchor Bars buffalo recipe. The key is the lemon pepper mixed with the char and smoke from the grill. Better than damn good.

2/3 cup hot pepper sauce ( use Frank's RedHot)
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (i use minced garlic)
salt to taste

Last edited:
I’m in Texas for a couple of weeks. I’ve been here 5days and I’ve already eaten 6 In and Out Double Doubles. I feel like a fat man.

Five Guys for me. I love me some fried chicken as well, but I don’t feel near as depressed after eating as I do with Five Guys.

For comparison:

Whole 1/2 Chicken Fried w/ green beans, corn on cob, and mash potato’s = 1110 calories

Five Guys Cheesburger w/ no toppings and regular fries= 1790 calories (add ketchup and mayo and your over 2000)

Plus there is a lot more nutritional value in chicken and veggies than burger and fries. And a half of a chicken is more food by consumption, and lastly....friend chicken is straight up tastier than a Five Guys burger...matter of fact, I’m beginning to believe 5G burgers are the most overrated burgers out there. They are okay with one patty and ketchup only, but not really that tasty after that...at least to me they aren’t.

Their fries on the other hand...damn good!
But man 5 guys is Delicious! Funny I read this now because I was just debating having the double bacon burger and fries but dont want to feel like crap

If anyone has ever tried the Nuway chili dogs or burgers . They are in Macon and Warner Robins only. Uggh what heartburn but good

If anyone has ever tried the Nuway chili dogs or burgers . They are in Macon and Warner Robins only. Uggh what heartburn but good

I’ve had them a couple of times. For those who haven’t had them they are cherry/stopsign red, but do have a decent flavor. Not my favorite as I’m a fan of all beef inside a lamb natural casing to give it the snap and meatiness, but certainly in the top ten% of dogs. Definitely makes the overhyped Varsity dogs look like the garbage they really are.

NuWayWeiners_04.jpg

I’ve had them a couple of times. For those who haven’t had them they are cherry/stopsign red, but do have a decent flavor. Not my favorite as I’m a fan of all beef inside a lamb natural casing to give it the snap and meatiness, but certainly in the top ten% of dogs. Definitely makes the overhyped Varsity dogs look like the garbage they really are.

NuWayWeiners_04.jpg
I like the chili more than the dogs so i just get the chili cheese burgers lately

Nuway is good and the heartburn is real. The heartburn outweighs the taste for me. My last three trip to Macon have not included stops for dogs. Didn't the original burn down?

Nuway is good and the heartburn is real. The heartburn outweighs the taste for me. My last three trip to Macon have not included stops for dogs. Didn't the original burn down?

I’m not sure about the original. But between Nuway and Fresh Air BBQ you’re covering 100% of the places I stop at when in the area.

I think that would the one down town and believe it's still there

The Worthington Renaissance? Lots of good bars and restaurants within walking distance from there. The original Flying Saucer location is like a block and a half away.

Yea, that's the one, I've been here since the 13th. Agreed, plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Yesterday all drafts at the Flying Saucer were $3 all day/night. Not bad.

I went to Lonsome Dove, that was good. Heading to Nonna Tata's tonight.

Yea, that's the one, I've been here since the 13th. Agreed, plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Yesterday all drafts at the Flying Saucer were $3 all day/night. Not bad.

I went to Lonsome Dove, that was good. Heading to Nonna Tata's tonight.
Hope you'll be back when we are home.

I can pretty much eat anything without regrets.

As for wings, cooking them in an air fryer is a game changer.

I'm back again on June 8/9, probably back for physician training every month or two.

I was in Dallas until this morning. Stayed at the Statler - very nice hotel. Last night we ate Mercat Bistro - that was kind of near AA center. Very nice french bistro restaurant with very nice patio. Have the steak au poivre. Next month i get to spend three days up in Sanger....don't think the Chili's has steak au poivre.

I could not help but noticing that one of those hotdogs pictured appears to have ketchup on it. I'm certain that is both a state and federal crime. Mustard, great. Never ketchup.

Reactions: TexSkills
Before I changed the way I eat, I would stop at Tropical Smoothie and get either a Kiwi Quencher or a McDonald's or Steak and Shake Chocolate shake daily. It's amazing once you detox from sugar, how you don't crave these things nearly as much anymore.

Pizza/Italian food, Italian desserts, and chocolate chip cookies also.

I could not help but noticing that one of those hotdogs pictured appears to have ketchup on it. I'm certain that is both a state and federal crime. Mustard, great. Never ketchup.
I agree on the ketchup. Under 10yrs old gets a death penalty pardon, but anyone older and they might as well advertise that they like NA beer and order steak well done.

But I believe those pictured are actually Red Hots found in NC, central NY, and Maine.

You're putting mashed up lips and buttholes into your mouth. Does it really matter what goes on top?

ADVERTISEMENT