ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best way to cook Cod fish?

Ward17

Contributor
Jan 29, 2003
I made the mistake of pan frying it, I may need to burn down my house now. The smell is killing me.

How fresh was your fish, holmes?

Preferred way: Battered, fried, with chips, peas and malt vinegar.

My have-to-eat-it-this-way-now: cooked in parchment with a little white wine, herbs and lemon juice, served with artichokes

Last edited:
How fresh was your fish, holmes?

Preferred way: Battered, fired, with chips, peas and malt vinegar.

My have-to-eat-it-this-way-to: cooked in parchment with a little white wine, herbs and lemon juice, served with artichokes

Yeah, sounds like it was already turned. Fresh cod has very little flavor, it's just a mild, slightly sweet firm fleshed fish.

You should ask Dwanye Johnson, apparently he eats about 36 ounces of cod each day.

But I agree with the above, shouldn't really have much of an odor.

Frying it is the usual preparation. At my restaurant we occasionally get cod and sauté it with tomato, white wine, onions, olives, capers and basil. It's a traditional sauce called livornese, delicious.

buddy of mine does not like cod, says no flavor. told him to let it sit in the sun for a couple of days and he will have all the flavor he can stand. fresh cod should not have an odor.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
You should ask Dwanye Johnson, apparently he eats about 36 ounces of cod each day.

But I agree with the above, shouldn't really have much of an odor.

Damn that's 216 grams of protein and about $30 worth of cod.

I hate to admit it cause he is a Cane, but I do find him amusing. And seems like a standup kind of guy from what I've heard. They can't all be bad can they?

Reactions: Ward17
If it is fresh you can cook it any way you want. If it isn't fresh the proper way to cook it is by sticking it in the trash can, setting it on fire, and roping it off while watching it burn.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT