ADVERTISEMENT

What was your first dance song? (Wedding)

Only You by The Platters.

And, according to the official record, me suggesting it had nothing to do with this scene from one of my favorite movies. Nope, not one bit. Never even entered my mind.

Well, the first one was Because you Loved me (celine dion) and apparently she didn't love me as much as she claimed, so the second one was Then (Brad Paisley)..........

Been married twice. Both were very small weddings, so no first dance for either one. Had there been, the first wedding song would have
been, "Lovin You," by Minnie Ripperton. I was widowed when my first husband passed away in a traumatic event...I pretty much shut down emotionally for several years, so never anticipated a second marriage. If I was going to choose a song for my second marriage, it would have been "Breathe," by Faith Hill...
"In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
Closer than I've ever felt before
And I know, and you know
There's no need for words right now"

Twenty years later still very meaningful lyrics to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Our entrance song after the ceremony for the reception was the Vitamin String Quartet cover of the Offspring’s Want You Bad which we both love but was too risqué for an overt play and our first dance was 1, 2, 3, 4 by Plain White Ts as it’s easy to choreograph a dance to and is more family friendly.

Apparently, it was "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie. And apparently, that was something I was supposed to remember (based on the reaction when I asked).
I have no idea what ours was, either, but I know better than to ask my wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT