ADVERTISEMENT

What's ur game plan for your 401k?

parlaygambler

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
Have u pulled out already and waiting to her back in when it inevitably goes way lower in the next couple of months, or are you going to ride it out and hope it rebounds before you are too old to enjoy it? Tapping into a home equity loan in the next month or two and starting a position then seems like a solid plan.

Have u pulled out already and waiting to her back in when it inevitably goes way lower in the next couple of months, or are you going to ride it out and hope it rebounds before you are too old to enjoy it? Tapping into a home equity loan in the next month or two and starting a position then seems like a solid plan.
Holding on and waiting this thing out. History has been kind to those who don't panic.

I'm retired...:(
And I just voluntarily took a leave of absence from my part time casual job, so that others who were working TWO jobs to get by and have already lost their other job can have my hours. I'm more fortunate than many- I won't need to tap my 401 for the next year and a half and many financial experts still believe this will be a V-shaped recession and recovery.
Let's keep the faith just yet!

If you are on this I would say find the jewels and do the work and wait for the moment

1. Biotech/ Pharma
2. Airlines
3. Hotels/ Resorts
4. Hospitals
5. Medical equipment manufacturers
6. Restaurants
7. Retail made one hit 22up one day Costco
8 . Banks
9. Livestock
10. Farm commodities

These are my top 10 study areas, this is a time of crises but also a time of opportunity..

Holding

My guess - another 10-20% decline to go. Then, I may jump back in. I’m in no hurry.

Last edited:
Depends how old your are. Unless you are going to retire withing the next 2-4 years i wouldn't do anything but wait it out. Maybe move some more allocations into Large Cap. If you have cash you can start to buy but the worst is not over.

Developing a shopping list and will be buying soon. Don't have to touch the savings for some time and will let this thing rebound to better levels. Time to start bringing more of these strategic goods (critical drugs) and services back to the U.S. If we don't do that we are fools.

I'm thinking of taking out 100k on my available home equity loan by the end of this month and putting it into the market. On one hand, I don't want the increased debt, but it could be well worth the 4% interest.

Started trimming weeks ago. No holdings now.

I was following corona in January and the leaked out videos.

Lots of pain to go. Was going to trade VIX.... I didn’t want short the American dream though.

Ackman is right.... I thought the same thing watching South Korea’s response led me to see we weren’t going to take this seriously.

I’m holding off until Warren Buffet speaks about what he is buying. He isn’t right now. The Hedge owner/managers are getting crazier by the day on CNBC. Now isn’t the time.

It’s nearly impossible to sell at the top and buy at the bottom. If you could consistently, you would be the world’s first trillionair. Buy in increments if you can.

And I just voluntarily took a leave of absence from my part time casual job, so that others who were working TWO jobs to get by and have already lost their other job can have my hours. I'm more fortunate than many- I won't need to tap my 401 for the next year and a half and many financial experts still believe this will be a V-shaped recession and recovery.
Well, aren't you sitting in high cotton!!! You're just an all around great person who must be a great patriot (you weren't traded there for Brady's rights were you?), too. Fantastic! Superb! You must be heading for a Nobel Peace Prize.....How does that nomination process work because we've got a live one here! ;)

Well, aren't you sitting in high cotton!!! You're just an all around great person who must be a great patriot (you weren't traded there for Brady's rights were you?), too. Fantastic! Superb! You must be heading for a Nobel Peace Prize.....How does that nomination process work because we've got a live one here! ;)
:confused:o_O

I work for a very large financial institution and almost died in a meeting we had with some higher ups. This is exactly what they expect to happen. We will see a V shaped recession. The biggest concern is inflation on the back end of this crises.

Trying to determine what the bottom or near bottom is is going to be kind of fun or interesting. I tend to think if you’re buying long term (like I am) buying now isn’t a bad idea. Sure it may continue to go down but when it rebounds it will rebound way past where I bought it.

Been nibbling but everything is still in the red. I think I am going to wait until we get 3 up days then layer in again. I look at where a stock was at Dec 2018 and try to buy at that level ie HD and LOW The growth stocks FAANG still have not tested the Dec. lows yet.

For all of you that missed buying up bargains during 08-09 here is your chance.

Reactions: FlashFSU
Holding on for now. Talked to my financial planner yesterday and we are at about 45% equities and 55% fixed. Lots of cash in there to take advantage of the upswing when it happens.
I do have some Kimberly Clark stock. :D

Reactions: goldmom
I'm most concerned about internal inflation. Because what goes down must come out. And its an ugly scene if you personally have to experience it. Some people are exposed to repeated poor experiences completely out of their own control. Very traumatic for any survivor to pick up the pieces and ultimately get through.

I'm nine years from retirement, and have put the max amount in my 401k for my whole career, 100 percent stocks. I rarely look at the account and just let it ride. I look to dollar cost averaging for huge downturns like 2008-2009 and what's happening now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT