ADVERTISEMENT

What's ur game plan for your 401k?

I'm thinking of taking out 100k on my available home equity loan by the end of this month and putting it into the market. On one hand, I don't want the increased debt, but it could be well worth the 4% interest.
WHY 'by the end of this month?' Seriously, why? Is it a magic 8 ball thing? :~) Please do a bit of research on bear markets, such as how they typically last (which is an average of around 15 months MOL), how many 'relief rallies' they have, etc. etc. BEFORE you try and catch a falling knife. Otherwise you ARE 'gambling' which is not, IMO, a wise move to make with home equity. "Money management" is KEY to investment success and there ARE some time-proven strategies how to do this, please check it out. One practice I follow (and this is NOT investment advice) is not buying until a bear market actually ENDS. And how do you know that? Well, you can't know it with absolute certainty, but IF you are willing to give up the first 10% of the following bull market you will have a much better chance of NOT getting caught in further downbursts. Anyone, IMO, who tries to get 'all' of a bull OR bear market is greedy and WILL get 'taken to the cleaners' as they used to say. Good luck, please use your heads and do some research!

Values of equities are based on earnings (think blue chips) or revenue (think tech or medical companies) or future revenue/earnings (think tech or medical companies) whatever else the specific equity or sector trade on (yes, not all sectors and specific companies in them aren't treated equally for traders).

With possible supply chain disruptions (sorry, to much stuff is made over seas), businesses shutting down, some publicly listed already in liquidation process , etc..., etc.... How can equities be valued? Well, that's why the market is seizing downward so quickly... traders can't figure out what everything should be valued at....

Unfortunately, when you compound this with Dark Pool & Speculative traders, we will continue to see downward movement, as traders are in a Put Option & Leveraged ETF for VIX jubilee trade right now. There is so much money being bet on destroying passive investors (yes that means 90+% of you) 401K's and brokerage accounts right now that... well... I don't really know what to say.

A great example of this for the 90+% of passive investors (yes that means you... just staring at your 401K or brokerage account) to see are the below:

-Dark Pool investing... i.e. WSB on reddit. WSB is actually a form of Dark Pool investing. The reddit page and its followers (around 1,000,000), generally all pile in on options activity on the same targeted strike price on an option. A lot of the followers of the reddit are millennial investors with robin hood accounts following more experienced options traders. It's also commonly known that DESK TRADERS for big funds and institutions post on the site using VPNs to hide their identities. If you don't know, DESK TRADERS are able to trade on direct connections to the exchanges, using institutional money and collect commissions on every profitable trade... yes... these guys/gals get to use millions of dollars of bank money to do this. Right now, the theme and biggest target on that page are "PUT $SPY APY17 220". Which means, they are pouring in PUT options on betting that the $SPY (S&P 500) falls to 220 (2200) or below by April 17th. This massive buying of puts on that specific date cause scanners for ALGORITHMIC traders and ALGORITHMIC machines (yes computers w/ AI, owned by banks/funds/institutions with millions to bet) to start buying even more ON TOP of what is already being bought. This activity then causes more ALGORITHMIC trading to start shorting the actual shares of $SPY (s&p 500), as the scanners pick up this activity. Also, $SPY is not a holding of the underlying equities of the top500 companies of the s&p 500... it is built of OPTIONS activity movement of Calls and Puts (uhhhh, yah...). So things start going haywire. $SPY then starts writing more Puts on actual equities within the s&p 500 (confused yet?). Which then leads to even more ALGORITHMIC scanners picking this up, adding more PUTS and Shorting of the actual equities themselves. It's an almost endless cycle.

The common attitude of the followers of WSB on reddit are that they; want to take the wealth from the "boomers" that won't give back or help, and that other things of that sort. WSB (one example of Dark Pool investing) is in a complete frenzy right now. I suggest you not read the reddit, as it is mostly insulting towards themselves and society as a whole.

Dark pool investing is a grotesque form of investing, yet can be highly profitable. They also target companies with Call options to make them go FOMO and parabolic upward (see SPCE before this crash, and TSLA). In defense of Dark Pool investors; institutional DESK TRADERS have been doing this forever before the advent of the internet through after hours meet-ups & burner phones (why are there so many boost mobile phones sold around wall st in bodegas in NYC???). There is no way to stop this, or stop DESK TRADERS from meeting up at night to make plans for the next day. At the same time, your favorite FANG stocks were valued so high due to these same activities through CALL options.

Sorry that I don't really have a clear concise ending to this post. I just want to bring to peoples attention that due to the lack of clarity of the virus... the participants of the market just can't seem to figure this out.... Thus, down it goes.

ONCE CLARITY STARTS COMING INTO FOCUS.... up it goes! Will the DOW go right back to 30 in a month, or year? Well... companies still have to be valued on earnings/revenue/or whatever Tesla is valued on.... So, you do the math. Long term investing isn't dead though. WE WILL GET OVER THIS. Simple as that!

Last edited:
Values of equities are based on earnings (think blue chips) or revenue (think tech or medical companies) or future revenue/earnings (think tech or medical companies) whatever else the specific equity or sector trade on (yes, not all sectors and specific companies in them aren't treated equally for traders).

With possible supply chain disruptions (sorry, to much stuff is made over seas), businesses shutting down, some publicly listed already in liquidation process , etc..., etc.... How can equities be valued? Well, that's why the market is seizing downward so quickly... traders can't figure out what everything should be valued at....

Unfortunately, when you compound this with Dark Pool & Speculative traders, we will continue to see downward movement, as traders are in a Put Option & Leveraged ETF for VIX jubilee trade right now. There is so much money being bet on destroying passive investors (yes that means 90+% of you) 401K's and brokerage accounts right now that... well... I don't really know what to say.

A great example of this for the 90+% of passive investors (yes that means you... just staring at your 401K or brokerage account) to see are the below:

-Dark Pool investing... i.e. WSB on reddit. WSB is actually a form of Dark Pool investing. The reddit page and its followers (around 1,000,000), generally all pile in on options activity on the same targeted strike price on an option. A lot of the followers of the reddit are millennial investors with robin hood accounts following more experienced options traders. It's also commonly known that DESK TRADERS for big funds and institutions post on the site using VPNs to hide their identities. If you don't know, DESK TRADERS are able to trade on direct connections to the exchanges, using institutional money and collect commissions on every profitable trade... yes... these guys/gals get to use millions of dollars of bank money to do this. Right now, the theme and biggest target on that page are "PUT $SPY APY17 220". Which means, they are pouring in PUT options on betting that the $SPY (S&P 500) falls to 220 (2200) or below by April 17th. This massive buying of puts on that specific date cause scanners for ALGORITHMIC traders and ALGORITHMIC machines (yes computers w/ AI, owned by banks/funds/institutions with millions to bet) to start buying even more ON TOP of what is already being bought. This activity then causes more ALGORITHMIC trading to start shorting the actual shares of $SPY (s&p 500), as the scanners pick up this activity. Also, $SPY is not a holding of the underlying equities of the top500 companies of the s&p 500... it is built of OPTIONS activity movement of Calls and Puts (uhhhh, yah...). So things start going haywire. $SPY then starts writing more Puts on actual equities within the s&p 500 (confused yet?). Which then leads to even more ALGORITHMIC scanners picking this up, adding more PUTS and Shorting of the actual equities themselves. It's an almost endless cycle.

The common attitude of the followers of WSB on reddit are that they; want to take the wealth from the "boomers" that won't give back or help, and that other things of that sort. WSB (one example of Dark Pool investing) is in a complete frenzy right now. I suggest you not read the reddit, as it is mostly insulting towards themselves and society as a whole.

Dark pool investing is a grotesque form of investing, yet can be highly profitable. They also target companies with Call options to make them go FOMO and parabolic upward (see SPCE before this crash, and TSLA). In defense of Dark Pool investors; institutional DESK TRADERS have been doing this forever before the advent of the internet through after hours meet-ups & burner phones (why are there so many boost mobile phones sold around wall st in bodegas in NYC???). There is no way to stop this, or stop DESK TRADERS from meeting up at night to make plans for the next day. At the same time, your favorite FANG stocks were valued so high due to these same activities through CALL options.

Sorry that I don't really have a clear concise ending to this post. I just want to bring to peoples attention that due to the lack of clarity of the virus... the participants of the market just can't seem to figure this out.... Thus, down it goes.

ONCE CLARITY STARTS COMING INTO FOCUS.... up it goes! Will the DOW go right back to 30 in a month, or year? Well... companies still have to be valued on earnings/revenue/or whatever Tesla is valued on.... So, you do the math. Long term investing isn't dead though. WE WILL GET OVER THIS. Simple as that!

You would like the book Flash Boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT