ADVERTISEMENT

Who designs our football uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the athletic department needs to walk over to the School of Business and take Marketing 101. You don't build or maintain a brand by changing your look every week.

We came out of the 90s with one of the most recognizable brands in college football. I have no idea why we decided to mess with that success unless Nike's money was irresistible.

As of '16:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlyb...le-college-sports-apparel-deals/#a0af052308f6

Not big money. About 1/5th of what UCLA receives from Adidas.

Not in the top 20 in '18:

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/5b97316ba7ea434b99d5e957/no-20-cincinnati/#38e526b5234e

Oklahoma and Texas have both used a number of alternate uniforms. tOSU as well. the most traditional of them all, notre dame, has obviously used a number of alt uniforms, including Saturday where you could barely read their numbers.

Basically bama is the only school that doesn't, if I gave a damn about Penn St or thought they were any good I'd include them as well but let's not get to a place where we compare ourselves to them too much.

Your post boils down to saying "why aren't we bama?" Well we're not bama b/c we haven't been playing football for 114 years and we weren't established 200 years ago. So let's stop licking their boots and trying to be them. We can just be us.

Some gems:
notre-dame-alternate-uniform-4.jpg

Tyrone-Swoopes-of-Texas-during-the-Spring-Game-Twitter-@amyyzhang.jpg

ohio-state-buckeyes-vs-nebraska-cornhuskers-ed09570aaf168a40.jpg
ohio-state-buckeyes-vs-penn-state-nittany-lions-9f34ac1200b174cc.jpg
630702838.jpg.0.jpg
-ecd70988bc5f520djpg-a66b1f3962e794e3.jpg
6136675462_1d586fc2dc_b.jpg
hi-res-6897738_crop_north.jpg

10001645-large.jpg
clem-03-09-allblue-toddkirkland-620x620.jpg
Ddziw7xVQAAwcKx.jpg

I have no problem with occasional alternate uniforms. The problem is that they changed our primary uniforms.

And in changing our primary uniforms, they confused our brand with fellow conference members Georgia Tech (gold numbers on white jerseys) and Boston College (gold numbers on garnet jerseys).

Plus, you couldn't see the gold numbers on white jerseys under the lights. They had to fix it.

Plus, they turned our helmets into an ugly dijon mustard color (which they had to fix), they messed up the spear (crossing, which they had to fix), they messed up the color of the facemasks (which they had to fix), they messed up the logo (which everyone hates), they messed up the number font (which look terrible and everyone hates), they made the jerseys too busy (which we might be able to live with).

And they downright made everything worse. They just did.

And who in the WORLD thought our uniforms were "broken" in the first place?

A couple of weeks ago, one of the games we were watching put up the top 5 most popular college football team uniforms. I remember when we used to dominate that poll (pre 2014). Now, we are nowhere to be seen.

I don't know that we ever got a straight answer about who at FSU approved the logo change/Nike deal. Once the crap hit the fan, everyone ran for cover and started talking in circles. My guess is that after that, no one is ever going to step up as the single person who makes any decisions that might be controversial.
Wouldnt surprise me if they conveniently blamed it on Monk now.

I have no problem with occasional alternate uniforms. The problem is that they changed our primary uniforms.

And in changing our primary uniforms, they confused our brand with fellow conference members Georgia Tech (gold numbers on white jerseys) and Boston College (gold numbers on garnet jerseys).

Plus, you couldn't see the gold numbers on white jerseys under the lights. They had to fix it.

Plus, they turned our helmets into an ugly dijon mustard color (which they had to fix), they messed up the spear (crossing, which they had to fix), they messed up the color of the facemasks (which they had to fix), they messed up the logo (which everyone hates), they messed up the number font (which look terrible and everyone hates), they made the jerseys too busy (which we might be able to live with).

And they downright made everything worse. They just did.

And who in the WORLD thought our uniforms were "broken" in the first place?
7G2i.gif

It worked well yesterday. As has been all too common over the last few seasons, the team wearing our colors lost on a late defensive breakdown, giving up a long TD to the team not in our colors. Fortunately, yesterday it was BC in our colors, and US in someone else’s colors.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I don’t have a problem with alternate uniforms but someone needs to tell Nike that our colors are not purple and mustard. Still don’t understand how the garnet got changed from what it used to be, not sure how anyone in the admin could approve that hideous excuse for garnet.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT