ADVERTISEMENT

Who's in for Fear the Walking Dead?

Maybe even then. Would've been some nice eye candy to keep around the show for awhile.

Took me a bit to recall where the lead actress was from - she was the cop in Gone Girl. And Travis has played all types of characters - gangbanger Smiley in Training Day, Pablo Escobar in Blow, an Iraqi soldier in Three Kings. Always done a good job IMO.

If they keep Travis around, I see him turning into the Rick Grimes of this show. Decent character actor

Good! even if it starts slow to help set the tone and mood, I am okay with it.

I also watch The Strain. I like it, don't love it. I'd say TWD is the only current show I love. And watch The Last Ship as it is in the same vein. However I constantly pick apart for all the things that WOULDN'T occur on an actual Naval vessel, but... "its just tv the wife says."

Both of those are based on great books, but the Strain has stayed VERY close to the source material. Last Ship has literally nothing in common with the books other than the name of the ship and a few characters names but even their characterization is different. You should really read that book if you haven't already. It basically deals with the aftermath of WW3 where the ship was just a survivor due to freak coincidence and while the rest of the world has been nuked to either immediate death OR to the point the survivors were irradiated to where they can't reproduce. So it has to do with the ship attempting to survive a few mostly dead Soviet ships while attempting to not only survive with no new food during nuclear winter but also attempt to keep humanity alive (as the few human females on board (maybe a quarter of the crew tops) were mostly protected by the steel of the ship and MAY be capable of having viable eggs). It deals with the breakdown of the existing navy culture into one based on food, sex and the possibility of continuing humanity while struggling to survive the nuclear winter and irradiate survivors.

So basically 1000x more interesting than the Michael Bay produced soap opera about a not really all that evident plague....that they've already solved!!!!

Last edited:
Both of those are based on great books, but the Strain has stayed VERY close to the source material. Last Ship has literally nothing in common with the books other than
Good! even if it starts slow to help set the tone and mood, I am okay with it.

I also watch The Strain. I like it, don't love it. I'd say TWD is the only current show I love. And watch The Last Ship as it is in the same vein. However I constantly pick apart for all the things that WOULDN'T occur on an actual Naval vessel, but... "its just tv the wife says."

name of the ship and a few characters names but even their characterization is different. You should really read that book if you haven't already. It basically deals with the aftermath of WW3 where the ship was just a survivor due to freak coincidence and while the rest of the world has been nuked to either immediate death OR to the point the survivors were irradiated to where they can't reproduce. So it has to do with the ship attempting to survive a few mostly dead Soviet ships while attempting to not only survive with no new food during nuclear winter but also attempt to keep humanity alive (as the few human females on board (maybe a quarter of the crew tops) were mostly protected by the steel of the ship and MAY be capable of having viable eggs). It deals with the breakdown of the existing navy vulture into one based on food, sex and the possibility of continuing humanity while struggling to survive the nuclear winter and irradiate survivors.

So basically 1000x more interesting than the Michael Bay produced soap opera about a not really all that evident plague....that they've already solved!!!!

Also stick with the strain, it's only just getting started! They're going to be four seasons following the books and I don't want to spoil it but it's going to take on Apacolyptic proportions probably starting next season and will explain the origins of the vampires. Plus Quinlan and the Silver Angel just got introduced and They're really interesting characters in the books. Plus main characters have kind of hung on after the initial breakdown of NYC in the first season but its just a mere respite. Don't expect it to go on as a nice everyone lives while chopping a few vampire heads type of situation for long. When the %*^* hits the fan at either the end of this season or beginning of next...you'll be glad you stayed with it.

Reactions: funksouljon
Both of those are based on great books, but the Strain has stayed VERY close to the source material. Last Ship has literally nothing in common with the books other than the name of the ship and a few characters names but even their characterization is different. You should really read that book if you haven't already.

Hahahaha, time to read. You are funny.

I will definitely put them on my list to read, but oh, where is the time?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Too bad we only have 6 episodes as a teaser season. I enjoy how slow it is, makes me consider a lot of options what would you do as civilization is slowly crumbling. It has also spawned the discussion with my wife "How have you never considered any of this? You are definitely going to be a liability."

Too bad we only have 6 episodes as a teaser season. I enjoy how slow it is, makes me consider a lot of options what would you do as civilization is slowly crumbling. It has also spawned the discussion with my wife "How have you never considered any of this? You are definitely going to be a liability."

Don't warn her, when the time comes just make sure you double tap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT