ADVERTISEMENT

Who's in for Fear the Walking Dead?

Formerly Rockymtnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Feb 9, 2013
I'm kinda looking forward to this more than the original series. The Walking Dead has been great but seeing the beginning of the outbreak is really intriguing.

Either way, looks like a fun fall.

Can't wait. Should be very interesting seeing the beginning of the whole thing.

I'm kinda looking forward to this more than the original series. The Walking Dead has been great but seeing the beginning of the outbreak is really intriguing.

Either way, looks like a fun fall.

It looks better than the original. I really loved the opening 20 minutes or so of the remake of Dawn of the Dead and this looks like half a season of that absolute craziness. I'm definitely in.

Reactions: dmm5157
Well you got a small taste of the crazy beginning when they showed the origins of Bike girl..

Looks really promising. Same universe as TWD same zombie laws. Should be interesting if this is only set in the 3-4 weeks that Rick was in a coma or will it extend beyond

I am definitely in. I think the producers learned plenty early on in TWD to build a cohesive story for Fear. I am also very interested in the back story of the outbreak. This will be very character driven in my opinion.

Really enjoying the character development. It is as expected in that the build up to the zombie apocalypse people refuse to believe and the gradual fear that creeps in.

So is this a just 6 week series run?

The Nick character is doing a great job of living on the verge if insanity and his drug abuse.

Nice start to the series. Did the mom get bit in the tunnel or not? Also, didn't get why Nick's friend tried to kill him in the first place.

Last edited:
Very enjoyable. Interesting perspective as a viewer knowing what's coming. I like all the characters so far and the acting is much better than TWD.

Nice start to the series. Did the mom get bit in the tunnel or not? Also, didn't get why Nick's friend tried to kill him in the first place.
Nicks friend is no friend, it's his dealer, and he didn't want the word getting out of what he is doing. He felt Nick was unstable and would spill the info or already had. Especially with his mom coming by his house to ask questions.

Good beginning. I hope we get a scientific perspective from the medical community and CDC as well as the gov't reaction to what is going on. The high school kid has been tracking a gov. conspiracy on the internet so it will be interesting to see if that if there was a cover up in the early stages.

What are everyone's theories about where the "missing" people are? Where are the walkers going? All of the dead people in the church? Once they are reanimated, people would be seeing them. They would be all over the news. Is the govt getting them and covering it up? What happened to the old dude in the hospital? I believe that he reanimated once taken away. It seems that there is a vast govt coverup at this point.

What are everyone's theories about where the "missing" people are? Where are the walkers going? All of the dead people in the church? Once they are reanimated, people would be seeing them. They would be all over the news. Is the govt getting them and covering it up? What happened to the old dude in the hospital? I believe that he reanimated once taken away. It seems that there is a vast govt coverup at this point.
Yeah, the doc kept saying "We need to get this guy downstairs!"

There is definitely a government cover up of the dead/zombies. They obviously don't know what is going on at this point.

Good beginning. I hope we get a scientific perspective from the medical community and CDC as well as the gov't reaction to what is going on. The high school kid has been tracking a gov. conspiracy on the internet so it will be interesting to see if that if there was a cover up in the early stages.
I was following on the story sync :rolleyes:and at one point they gave a link to "view document" which turned out to be an official looking CDC memo in PDF form (highly redacted) that had pretty cool stuff in it, including to treat the decedents remains as bio-hazard waste.

Thought the first episode as great. I suppose the background knowledge we have, as viewers, contributed to the suspense. Hopefully, the producers will be able to maintain it through the series.

Another question ~ do you think that the initial walkers are coming from a "walker flu"? Or, do you think that zombies are coming from people simply dying from car accidents, cancer, heart attacks, etc.?

Another question ~ do you think that the initial walkers are coming from a "walker flu"? Or, do you think that zombies are coming from people simply dying from car accidents, cancer, heart attacks, etc.?

Military experiment gone awry. I bet some sort of invulnerability/super soldier testing that is easily spread and prevents a natural death.

(I've not read any of the comics so I'm sure I'm way off but I could see that as a plausible storyline.)

Just my take, once the virus got out, everyone had it in their bloodstream - just like the flu virus. Some got sick and died from it while displaying flu like symptoms. Regardless, once someone dies they reanimate. The blonde in the first scene probably died from an OD, Nick did not.

Reactions: 75seminoles
Just my take, once the virus got out, everyone had it in their bloodstream - just like the flu virus. Some got sick and died from it while displaying flu like symptoms. Regardless, once someone dies they reanimate. The blonde in the first scene probably died from an OD, Nick did not.
I like this theory. It would make sense.

There is definitely a government cover up of the dead/zombies. They obviously don't know what is going on at this point.

And mom said, "The Authorities would tell us." It was a definite hint to this.

Didn't Gloria (the blonde) have some sort of knife wound in her abdomen? I suppose one of the junkies could have done it after she started going "Hannibal" on them.

In for FTWD. I skipped most of the messages above since we had to DVR and hopefully watch tonight. Even if it isn't as good as TWD, it has a ton of potential to be a good show. But I have high hopes....

In for FTWD. I skipped most of the messages above since we had to DVR and hopefully watch tonight. Even if it isn't as good as TWD, it has a ton of potential to be a good show. But I have high hopes....

I really liked it. I love The Strain even more, but I truthfully liked this first episode better than the main Walking Dead series. Very well acted as mentioned elsewhere here.

Looked like she had a pole stuck through her torso.

Nice butt though.

I'd read about the scene before I saw it. You were supposed to gather that she died of a drug overdose as one of if not the VERY first turned walker (by this point a lot of people already have the virus waiting to turn as it's harmless until triggered by death, you get the "Walker flu" as an ordinary infection caused by the turned zombie acting as a carrier for already existing bugs but no immune system functioning to fight it). Then after she turned she attacked the other junkies and killed them while getting partially messed up during their defense.

As long as she don't chomp.......

Maybe even then. Would've been some nice eye candy to keep around the show for awhile.

Took me a bit to recall where the lead actress was from - she was the cop in Gone Girl. And Travis has played all types of characters - gangbanger Smiley in Training Day, Pablo Escobar in Blow, an Iraqi soldier in Three Kings. Always done a good job IMO.

I really liked it. I love The Strain even more, but I truthfully liked this first episode better than the main Walking Dead series. Very well acted as mentioned elsewhere here.

Good! even if it starts slow to help set the tone and mood, I am okay with it.

I also watch The Strain. I like it, don't love it. I'd say TWD is the only current show I love. And watch The Last Ship as it is in the same vein. However I constantly pick apart for all the things that WOULDN'T occur on an actual Naval vessel, but... "its just tv the wife says."

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT