ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Suspended

I thought both girls claimed they were raped?

Correct. But the alleged circumstances surrounding the rape are totally different. Ben got a bunch of girls drunk. His body guard grabbed the drunkest one and led her down to the bathroom. Big Ben followed her, took his pants off and allegedly assaulted her while two of his bodyguards stood outside the bathroom door to block anyone from going in. Fortunately for Big Ben, the Barney Fife of the Georgia PD was in charge of the investigation.

Correct. But the alleged circumstances surrounding the rape are totally different. Ben got a bunch of girls drunk. His body guard grabbed the drunkest one and led her down to the bathroom. Big Ben followed her, took his pants off and allegedly assaulted her while two of his bodyguards stood outside the bathroom door to block anyone from going in. Fortunately for Big Ben, the Barney Fife of the Georgia PD was in charge of the investigation.

Yeah, I am thinking he got away with that.

I know the story. Ben had a media circus following that event.....maybe even more than Jameis'.

The event/crime I was talking about was rape, which they were both accused of. I'm not a rape expert....I think it's horrible, whatever the circumstance.

If either his on-field performance or off-field behavior doesn't improve, that's a safe prediction.
His on the field performance has not been bad and improved as the season progressed last year. Especially after he returned from the shoulder injury.

15. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers81.4 overall grade
Slide24.jpg

Excerpt from the PFF QB Annual: A vertical passing offense gives Winston plenty of opportunities to make plays down the field and his anticipation makes him dangerous on seam, post and corner routes. He finished 16th in big-time throw percentage at 4.51 percent while also ranking second in overall positive grade percentage, showing just how much value he can bring to an offense.

Jameis, and other celebs who make terrible decisions when they have been drinking, need an employee whose function is simple. At the crucial moment, when he is about to screw up, the guys says, "Yeah man, don't do that. That's a terrible decision. Don't do that." He could pay this guy a few hundred thousand a year and it would be worth it.

Jameis, and other celebs who make terrible decisions when they have been drinking, need an employee whose function is simple. At the crucial moment, when he is about to screw up, the guys says, "Yeah man, don't do that. That's a terrible decision. Don't do that." He could pay this guy a few hundred thousand a year and it would be worth it.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Bucs make that a requirement if they pick up his option next year. It would be a pretty cheap insurance policy on the $ they have invested in him.

Agree, though it doesn’t need to be a person. It’s as simple as listening to your conscience.

The guy clearly has one, he’s self aware....that’s why it’s all on Winston at this point.

Agree, though it doesn’t need to be a person. It’s as simple as listening to your conscience.

The guy clearly has one, he’s self aware....that’s why it’s all on Winston at this point.
Yep. The only thing to add is this event was two years ago. A lot in his life has changed since then, including becoming a father. We will see. I imagine this is his last strike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT