ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Suspended

Jameis was born in 1994. Two years ago he was 22. I can't begin to list the stupid stuff I did at 22.

Hopefully fatherhood will settle him down both personally and professionally.

Yup...I’m not casting stones at Jameis at all. Just not defending this one.

Matter of fact, I was thrown in jail one night in Texas for slapping the IHOP waitress on the keister. I was in my late 20s, didn’t remember a thing the next day. Dumb dumb dumb.

Matter of fact, I was thrown in jail one night in Texas for slapping the IHOP waitress on the keister. I was in my late 20s, didn’t remember a thing the next day. Dumb dumb dumb.
Really??

Reactions: cmanole

Did you go rooty tooty fresh and fruity?

Lol, yes really!

I was shocked when the 5.0 showed up. I got feisty back with them and had no chance.

I’ve spent 5 nights in jail.

1. Drinking with open container and under age, argued with cop. This was in PCB the summer after high school graduation.

2.Drinking while under age, open container, and gave cop fake ID. Sophomore year Tally.

3. Warrant out for my arrest on a speeding ticket I paid. Spent night in jail when I should not have. Sophomore year tally.

4. Resisting arrest on cop. We had a party and got in fight with the neighbors. Cops came and and maced me for no reason. I body slammed cop, they took me in that night. Senior year Tally.

5. Slapped the IHOP waitress in the arse. Late twenties, Austin, Texas.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Jameis was born in 1994. Two years ago he was 22. I can't begin to list the stupid stuff I did at 22.

I'll go out on a limb and guess you wasn't the qb on a national championship team or the #1 pick in the NFL draft...
Being such brings many positives and many negatives along with responsibilities. His immature/questionable behavior is magnified.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
He’s finding out that it’s difficult to walk the tightrope of happy-go-lucky natural character and self-aware celebrity. I for one think sobriety will help him find that balance.

1. Drinking with open container and under age, argued with cop. This was in PCB the summer after high school graduation.
2.Drinking while under age, open container, and gave cop fake ID. Sophomore year Tally.
3. Warrant out for my arrest on a speeding ticket I paid. Spent night in jail when I should not have. Sophomore year tally.
4. Resisting arrest on cop. We had a party and got in fight with the neighbors. Cops came and and maced me for no reason. I body slammed cop, they took me in that night. Senior year Tally.
5. Slapped the IHOP waitress in the arse. Late twenties, Austin, Texas.

Am I safe to assume 4 and 5 involved alcohol too?
Was number 3 getting pulled over for speeding? I thought those were the kind of warrants that only get enforced when you end up in their hands.

I've never been in jail. Been handcuffed, read my rights, and sat in the back of a police car, but they let us go home.

Am I safe to assume 4 and 5 involved alcohol too?
Was number 3 getting pulled over for speeding? I thought those were the kind of warrants that only get enforced when you end up in their hands.

I've never been in jail. Been handcuffed, read my rights, and sat in the back of a police car, but they let us go home.

Oh hell yeah, all of them.

4 was my roommates fault and I was truly innocent in the beginning. But since I was drunk I acted a fool after being maced for no reason.

I was so drunk that I could hardly see straight for 5. Judge could have told me the next day I raped the Pope and I couldn’t have defended myself....not cool feeling. I’m sure Jameis was feeling this way the day after.

I was drunk as a skunk for number 3 as well. Pretty crazy story actually since you asked ;)

I was at TGIF off capital cir and then went to a bar across the way in that area (totally forgot name but it was quasi popular). I saw Jeff Cameron there, drank several Tucker with him while playing darts. I remember talking to him about “ SWOT” analysts and how he should use. He was super nice and said that’s it was brilliant:)

Left with my 20 year old gf and was pulled over for an illegal u-turn right by the McDonalds.

I told my gf to “ just be cool” as the cop walked up. He came, shined light on her and then me...... she was passed the hell out. I couldn’t believe it.

So he ran my license and came back and told me it was my lucky day. Said license was suspended and I was going to jail without a DUI.

Went to jail, proved I had paid the ticket and that was that.

Lucky

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel J.
I was at TGIF off capital cir and then went to a bar across the way in that area (totally forgot name but it was quasi popular). I saw Jeff Cameron there, drank several Tucker with him while playing darts. I remember talking to him about “ SWOT” analysts and how he should use. He was super nice and said that’s it was brilliant:)

Halligan's
*Tucher

They have their own "murderers' row" of gifts, thank you very much!

Totally agree. He hasn't shown a propensity for violence, but he seems to have ticked off the boxes of almost every other alleged crime. He's a complete embarrassment to our school. But we did win a natty....and for that I'm grateful.

This round of stupid Jameis proved he will lie. Many young people do stupid things but lies I won't tolerate. It also brings everything he has ever done back into question.

Based on his personality fatherhood won't do a thing IMO.

How do the Bucs view this? I am not in FLorida so I dont get the local opinions, but are there questions whether they need to part ties with him at some point? I dont think it will be this year, but he has a contract coming up soon and QBs arent cheap. What is the talk in Florida with regards how they should, or may handle that?

How do the Bucs view this? I am not in FLorida so I dont get the local opinions, but are there questions whether they need to part ties with him at some point? I dont think it will be this year, but he has a contract coming up soon and QBs arent cheap. What is the talk in Florida with regards how they should, or may handle that?
He's got a fifth year rookie option for $21 million in 2019. I Jameis has a below average year, it's conceivable the Bucs could part ways within him after this season.

As in all events in sports, if he plays well in the 13 games, gets the Bucs into the playoffs and stays healthy -- the events will be attributed to youthful indiscretions and the team will opt in for his 5th year. If he continues to play poorly, throw interceptions and not show promise, he'll be a street FA trying to grab on to a team for 2019. And with the bad press, that will probably be hard.

He's got a fifth year rookie option for $21 million in 2019. I Jameis has a below average year, it's conceivable the Bucs could part ways within him after this season.
...And he'll be in the hole right off the bat, of course, with the 3-game suspension. What if Fitz lights it up and the Bucs start 3-0? Not likely, but it is possible.

I could see that. I dont think anyone wants to spend that type of money (or certainly give a long term deal) to someone coming off a mediocre season who has off field issues. And obviously he has talent, but at some point the results have to over ride the off field stuff, and I am not sure we have seen that at this point.

As in all events in sports, if he plays well in the 13 games, gets the Bucs into the playoffs and stays healthy -- the events will be attributed to youthful indiscretions and the team will opt in for his 5th year. If he continues to play poorly, throw interceptions and not show promise, he'll be a street FA trying to grab on to a team for 2019. And with the bad press, that will probably be hard.

They have to opt in this offseason (and they probably already have), they can't wait to do that after this season. So. They can still cut him, but the $21 million option kicks in March of next year, and it is fully guarenteed unless they cut him or work out a new deal before the March deadline. It is honestly a predicament if he doesnt just come out and light it up.

What was his contract amount the first few years, same as this year?
Is it possible he ruined his chance to be "set for life" by grabbing an Uber driver?

Is it possible he ruined his chance to be "set for life" by grabbing an Uber driver?

It was about $25 million total, so depending on his spending habits, he should still be set for life. But he certaily could have cost himself a ton additional money.

$25 million guaranteed was his contract. After taxes, agent, expenses, not set for life and not generationally wealthy.

Team hasn't really said much other than "we're disappointed that he put himself in a bad situation." Several in the local press are pushing hard for the team to cut him right now.

Team hasn't really said much other than "we're disappointed that he put himself in a bad situation." Several in the local press are pushing hard for the team to cut him right now.

I got ya. I dont think I would cut him now, but after this season they certainly might have a tough decision.

...And he'll be in the hole right off the bat, of course, with the 3-game suspension. What if Fitz lights it up and the Bucs start 3-0? Not likely, but it is possible.

From what I've read, Winston can practice with the team during the preseason and play in those games; his suspension begins at the start of the preseason, and once it starts he cannot practice (I think I read that he can't even be on the grounds of the team's practice facility).
It will be interesting to see how the team handles the preseason. They about have to give Fitz a lot of reps to have him ready for the first 3 games, but will also need to get Winston some practice time so he'll be somewhat game ready when he's eligible to return.

Easy to say for someone not directly invested.

It also kind of depends on what you mean by directly invested. From an ownership standpoint, I think the easy decision is to actually let him go after this season, unless he just comes out and tears it up. From a coaches standpoint, I think they are at a point that it is playoffs or being fired, so their perspective probably just comes from surviving the season and maintaining their jobs. From a fans standpoint, I get it. He was the top pick, played college in the state, certainly has talent and people want to see him do well. But in reality, if he has a mediocre season and they dont make the playoffs, what exactly are they giving up other than maybe an emotional attachment?

It also kind of depends on what you mean by directly invested. From an ownership standpoint, I think the easy decision is to actually let him go after this season, unless he just comes out and tears it up. From a coaches standpoint, I think they are at a point that it is playoffs or being fired, so their perspective probably just comes from surviving the season and maintaining their jobs. From a fans standpoint, I get it. He was the top pick, played college in the state, certainly has talent and people want to see him do well. But in reality, if he has a mediocre season and they dont make the playoffs, what exactly are they giving up other than maybe an emotional attachment?
Cutting him now is easy for a reporter to say.

as far as the Bucs, he'll play his contract out unless he does something absolutely insane, but this year is really his year to prove he's worth the money. They've spent a ton on putting in a good offensive line, receivers, a decent RB squad and hopefully an improved defense. If he doesn't get any better this year I think they're going to start looking to unload him. They've struggled with fan support from Winston since signing him as there are a ton of gators and people who've just hated him since college as fans. The fact that he hasn't played amazing has made things difficult (Although I think most of those issues are due to what surrounded him on the field). Had he kept his nose clean I think they would stick with him unless he just tanked, but now with this, he better produce or they're going to let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT