ADVERTISEMENT

Wish me luck!!

Osceola1728

Starter
Mar 29, 2002
Got an interview in Pensacola for an outside sales position Wednesday. My territory would be Pensacola to just west of Tally. I have to live in the territory so if I get the position, where would be a good place to live? What about Crestview? I have a wife and two boys.

Lots of people live in pace. It's much closer to Pensacola than Crestview.

I thought you went through the Big D? Where is most of your business going to be? If towards PCola I'd consider Navarre. If your business is more rural consider Mossy Head, DeFuniak, Bonifay or Mariana...

I can't imagine a scenario in life that would ever justify living in Bonifay.

I've never actually been there, it's just central and close the to interstate. If it was me I'd live in West Pensacola or Milton...

I thought you went through the Big D? Where is most of your business going to be? If towards PCola I'd consider Navarre. If your business is more rural consider Mossy Head, DeFuniak, Bonifay or Mariana...

Yeah, the big D is still possible. We're still working on that not happening. My territory would be Pensacola to just west of Tally north to Dothan. So the business would be spread out.

I've never actually been there, it's just central and close the to interstate. If it was me I'd live in West Pensacola or Milton...

Yeah, we used to go to Milton on a golf trip every year at The Moors. Man, it sucks that they closed it. Loved that track.

Reactions: CJRN
Yeah, we used to go to Milton on a golf trip every year at The Moors. Man, it sucks that they closed it. Loved that track.

Good luck with that. I know you're a golfer so that's why I mentioned it. There is a decent course in Pace called Stonebrook. On the North side of PCola is Marcus Point and Scenic (Screamin') Hills. There is a new course in Mossy Head that is supposed to be pretty nice and of course there is the nine hole gem in DeFuniak...

Agree with Walton County. You have the beaches of Miramar, Grayton, Topsail, Rosemary and scenic 30-A with Seaside, Seagrove, Watercolor, ETC. Or you can go north of 1-10 to the rolling farmland of Paxton.

I think Pace suits you best. Affordable housing, close to everything, best school zones in the area if kids ever are an issue. My wife is begging to move back to that area at some point. If we do, that's where we'll stay. I lived in FWB for a few years, its not too bad with tourist items as long as you can avoid hwy 98 during spring break which is difficult since it is one of the main arteries connecting you everywhere.

Got an interview in Pensacola for an outside sales position Wednesday. My territory would be Pensacola to just west of Tally. I have to live in the territory so if I get the position, where would be a good place to live? What about Crestview? I have a wife and two boys.

And when you say west of Tally. Does that mean Tally is not in your territory? Do you go to Hosford, Mariana, Quincy area and no further?

how old are the boys? i live in bonifay we need some good athletes to move in!!

Don't know anything about where to live in the panhandle, but wishing you good luck at the new job. Cash money (homie) works wonders at relieving marital stress.

Not quite sure yet. He said just west of Tally.

If that is the case, I would lean towards an area closer to Pcola. I wouldn't go any further west than Walton county, might think about living in pcola actually. It might not sound exciting, but being close to home and bulk of your clients will be nice in the long run.

He has a full set of teeth and his wife is not a blood relative. Not a PC candidate...

Not even, you don't know how far along PC has come over the years. We wear shoes in public now if that tells you anything....nothing but class, Cman...nothing but class! :)

Reactions: cmanole
I would like to be in an area with lots of amenities (stores, restaurants, etc) and good golf. Both my boys play travel ball so that will be an attraction as well. Of course, being close to Tally for gameday would be a plus too.:)

Reactions: chitwnnole

Yeah, the more I look, Pace/Milton area has what I'm looking for. Big baseball complex, golf, close to fishing, close to beach, restaurants, decent places to shop, Not too far from Tally. In my mind, I'm already there. Now I just need to get the position.:)

I would like to be in an area with lots of amenities (stores, restaurants, etc) and good golf. Both my boys play travel ball so that will be an attraction as well. Of course, being close to Tally for gameday would be a plus too.:)

Bonifay only has a rodeo and a Waffle house so I guess we just got eliminated!

If that doesn't work out for you, check out Pearland, Texas. Their youth baseball little league is killing it (in the US Championship for a second time in 5 years)

Didn't we go through exactly this with you about a year ago?

Yeah, but then I was just thinking about moving down and trying to get info on good places to live etc..... I have now applied for a few positions so I'm just planning ahead if I get something.

Yeah, the more I look, Pace/Milton area has what I'm looking for. Big baseball complex, golf, close to fishing, close to beach, restaurants, decent places to shop, Not too far from Tally. In my mind, I'm already there. Now I just need to get the position.:)

I really think you'll like Pace if you move there. I would choose Pace over Milton primarily due to schools. Its not even comparable as to which school district is better. Pace is technically just on the outside of Pensacola as well, so you can be there in 20 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT