ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

It`s amazing we have won 51 games with these mid level players.
Correlation isn’t causation. You are extrapolating in my mind. Most of the position players on this team were very highly ranked. The pitchers on the other hand (KAT excluded) were not in top 20 or so. Without significant transfers at this position over the last few years we would be down to 1 productive ( lock down type) pitcher. Most of the ones who frequent this board believe we should be able to do better. We will need some transfer help over the next few years to get us competitive in my opinion. Just my two cents.

Correlation isn’t causation. You are extrapolating in my mind. Most of the position players on this team were very highly ranked. The pitchers on the other hand (KAT excluded) were not in top 20 or so. Without significant transfers at this position over the last few years we would be down to 1 productive ( lock down type) pitcher. Most of the ones who frequent this board believe we should be able to do better. We will need some transfer help over the next few years to KEEP us DOMINANT in my opinion. Just my two cents.
FIFY. No reason to doubt what we're doing. Full faith in this staff and our team. Go Noles!

Reactions: FLSnole and Noles61
Maybe someone can post the consensus top 10 or 20 pitchers the last couple of years and on what programs they ended up. It would add context.
Difficult
Most of the recruiting services are pay sites and getting consensus would be problematic. Several sites had KAT in their top 10. The free sites like MAX PREPS are not expert analysis sites and are mostly data driven ( not a bad measure but not fully informative either- for instance it does not consider good players on not very good teams) . Maybe the easy method would be to look at the current top pitchers on competitive teams and see where they were 3-4 years ago. Almost 100% of them were rated top 10 by more than one site. Some of this is monkey see -monkey do but not all. Top pitchers usually almost always mean top teams - pitching matters . I would be happy if we had anyone on our list rated highly by anyone. We have one of the best pitching coaches on the planet- think what she could do with some prospects who throw 68-70 and has multiple pitches for strikes. JMHO

Interesting tidbit. Sat behind last night’s sophomore Duke pitcher that came in quickly in relief and pitched the rest of the game. She was a lefty and gave us lots of fits with her off speed stuff. Her Mom said that FSU was the first school they reached out to and she wanted to attend. Apparently we didn’t have the same level of interest.

Interesting tidbit. Sat behind last night’s sophomore Duke pitcher that came in quickly in relief and pitched the rest of the game. She was a lefty and gave us lots of fits with her off speed stuff. Her Mom said that FSU was the first school they reached out to and she wanted to attend. Apparently we didn’t have the same level of interest.
Think we could use her 1.83 ERA?
:mad: Lonni could turn that girl into an AA in 3 years.

The team was sensational. Question: why do you think Syd was left off the all tournament team? I guess three homers in one game just doesn't go as far as it use to. All those rbis, walks, hits, great base running, sterling fielding, stolen bases, and team leadership has no place on the all tourny team.

The team was sensational. Question: why do you think Syd was left off the all tournament team? I guess three homers in one game just doesn't go as far as it use to. All those rbis, walks, hits, great base running, sterling fielding, stolen bases, and team leadership has no place on the all tourny team.
Not one clue!

Reactions: Noles61

Apparently Syd's 3 homers in one game weren't as great as Clemson's Logoleo's, because all the announcers talked about was Logoleo feat, never once mentioning that Syd had done the same thing. 😡

Her three homer game wasn’t in the tournament.

in the tourney, she was 3-8 (2 doubles), 3 walks, 3 runs, 2 SB..

A fine tournament, but not necessarily an egregious snub.

Apparently Syd's 3 homers in one game weren't as great as Clemson's Logoleo's, because all the announcers talked about was Logoleo feat, never once mentioning that Syd had done the same thing. 😡

I/ll say this for Logoleo, outside of Syd, she is by far, the most complete player I have seen this year. A complete player. Maybe she will enter the portal.;)

Last edited:
Her three homer game wasn’t in the tournament.

in the tourney, she was 3-8 (2 doubles), 3 walks, 3 runs, 2 SB..

A fine tournament, but not necessarily an egregious snub.

Sorry, thought it was. Still, she should have been included. Without her, we were dead.

Its easy. Look who picks. Then factor in we won it (not that popular a choice) and the fact we already had 4 (including the 2b, 1b and an OF as well as KAT )--they just choked on 5. The rest of the picks were OF or Pitchers. She was deserving but so are most of the other picks- looking at the list I could not see an obvious one to leave off. JMHO

Reactions: ParooKid
I don’t like her attitude! When she hits a home run she does the bat Flip and sometimes stares down the pitcher. In baseball you would get plunked for that
No doubt she is an excellent hitter, but she’s not the fielder that either of our shortstop’s are. That said, if she went into the transfer portal I would hope we would be very interested! With her at shortstop I wouldn’t mind either Muffley or Blankenship playing third base!
Virginia Tech got completely left off but all ACC team!

I don’t like her attitude! When she hits a home run she does the bat Flip and sometimes stares down the pitcher. In baseball you would get plunked for that
No doubt she is an excellent hitter, but she’s not the fielder that either of our shortstop’s are. That said, if she went into the transfer portal I would hope we would be very interested! With her at shortstop I wouldn’t mind either Muffley or Blankenship playing third base!
Virginia Tech got completely left off but all ACC team!
This was all about the Tourney and VT just did not have anyone who put together back to back resumes of good play.

Virginia Tech got completely left off but all ACC team!I

I saw her make some really good plays. Just saying....As for her attitude, I have seen much worse. If it remains the same, I'm good with it. If she takes it a step further, she needs to be taken down a peg or two. You also have to consider who she plays for. Coacha, for instance, would have none of that nonsense.

Reactions: FLSnole
So we are the 2nd seed, but I missed who's in our bracket. Anyone catch it?

So we are #2 seed and hosting Howard, USF and Miss State. What do y’all think?!!
Not particularly easy. Have the obligatory $EC school and USF has the nation's top pitcher for both wins and strikeouts in Georgina Corrick. She's also fourth nationally in ERA at 0.53.

Last edited:
I don't like facing that USF pitcher

She has 5 losses, 3 to UCF, whom we beat and to UF, who we also beat. Her other losses were to Purdue and Witchita State.
USF played a very weak schedule. We have not.
We don't have to score a lot of points, just need for Kat to pitch well and our team defense to be what they usually are, great.

FSU plays Regional Missouri then when goes to OKC and seeds win

#2 pool looks like as ACC vs SEC potential (plus OSU)
#2 FSU or #15 Missouri
#3 Virginia Tech or # 14 Florida
#6 Alabama or #11 Tennessee
#7 Oklahoma State or #10 Clemson

#1 Pool
#1 Oklahoma or #16 UCF
#4 Arkansas or #13 Washington
#5 UCLA or #12 Duke
#8 Arizona State or #9 Northwestern

Reactions: NoleLizards
FSU plays Regional Missouri then when goes to OKC and seeds win

#2 pool looks like as ACC vs SEC potential (plus OSU)
#2 FSU or #15 Missouri
#3 Virginia Tech or # 14 Florida
#6 Alabama or #11 Tennessee
#7 Oklahoma State or #10 Clemson

#1 Pool
#1 Oklahoma or #16 UCF
#4 Arkansas or #13 Washington
#5 UCLA or #12 Duke
#8 Arizona State or #9 Northwestern
Arizona is in Mizzou's regional. I'd rather not see them in the Supers.

Couple of strange seeds starting with Alabama losing 5 of last 8 games. Clemson much higher than Duke, Missouri getting host after being nowhere until the SEC tournament. But it is what it is.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I would love to see at least 2 if not 3 ACC teams in the WCWS.
I think we got a reasonable bracket.
I'm guessing Lonni will pitch Watson on Friday and come back on Saturday with Sandercock!

Does anyone know where the schedule can be found for the Tallahassee regional? I know we play Howard on Friday at 8:30 pm, but then what?

Reactions: jdogg_20_8
Most likely the Friday games in afternoon will be Saturday after noon and regions playing evening games will be evening games.

Right now this link the brackets but no times. Will keep lookiing.

16 Regional Brackets

Reactions: runningnole
We’re making a run for a national championship. If we can’t beat this girl, we don’t deserve a NC. Last year Montana Fouts was the end-all be-all super woman of pitching. We ran her in the third inning. We can handle this girl too. Be brave. We’ll be fine.
Doesn't mean we have to like it.

ADVERTISEMENT