ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

How would FSU stack up against Arizona if it works out that way?
Well, sadly we didn’t do our part. I think it was a very favorable matchup.

They don’t pitch well and we aren’t the best hitters, so because of the good pitching we faced this year, I think we score. They do hit well, but Sandercock is really good, so I would have liked that matchup too.

Reactions: squiffynole

They don’t pitch well and we aren’t the best hitters, so because of the good pitching we faced this year, I think we score. They do hit well, but Sandercock is really good, so I would have liked that matchup too.

Sad how it ended up. If you’d have told me after we run ruled the first two squads that we’d lose the next two with Kat taking the L in both, I’d have said you were nuts.

I wanna hear your excuses for those bullshit espn calls. I’ll hang up and wait

I knew sooner or later games like this was going to happen. The lack of hitting was our downfall and we had so many close games this year (we won most of them).

I didn't see us doing well in the post season because of our lack of hitting, but they did win over 50 games which is a major accomplishment.

Remember that Warchant has an "IGNORE" button if you chose to use it.

I knew sooner or later games like this was going to happen. The lack of hitting was our downfall and we had so many close games this year (we won most of them).

I didn't see us doing well in the post season because of our lack of hitting, but they did win over 50 games which is a major accomplishment.
I agree with you! Although I did think our draw was very favorable for us to get to the WCWS. Once there, I didn’t see us going far. Our inconsistent hitting and lack of a dominate strikeout pitcher would be our downfall, I thought.

Like you said though…the season was quite an accomplishment!!

Reactions: FletchCC
Remember that Warchant has an "IGNORE" button if you chose to use it.
If you’re talking to me Lanoles, I don’t care. No one bothers me. I just want factual information out there. Otherwise you get all kinds of uproar over…nothing. lol

As a moderator of the FREE BOARD (only one I moderate) I do not tolerate posters violating rules about the personal insults or attacks. You and I both know you have done it on other boards not only to me directly and indirectly but also to other posters. So you can consider this your first warning.

The Free message board is open to all who abide by the rules so when the shoe fits, wear it.

As a moderator of the FREE BOARD (only one I moderate) I do not tolerate posters violating rules about the personal insults or attacks. You and I both know you have done it on other boards not only to me directly and indirectly but also to other posters. So you can consider this your first warning.

The Free message board is open to all who abide by the rules so when the shoe fits, wear it.
So Lanoles, I have a question. As “moderator”, you can say whatever you want, no matter how factually incorrect you are, and you’re above reproach?

Here is the specific rule regarding your behavior I referred to. Also use link in thread pinned about rules, all can be read there.

3. No attacking or insulting other posters or a group of posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. The basic rule of thumb is if you would not say it to their face or if you would and it would then start trouble, expect to be banned. What is considered attacking/insulting other posters?

o Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.

o Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them. (You don't have to respond to a post you disagree with or a topic you dislike.)

o Referring to them as a "moron", "retard", "idiot", etc. Calling a poster's post "idiotic" is the same thing. Don't do it.

o In short, making a poster a target.

I have waited to "cool off" before posting. Was very disappointed and angry with the finish yesterday, However, cooler head reminds me of what the young ladies did.
Over 50 wins is fantastic. Also, an ACC tourney championship. And just so many fun games to watch. I wish I could thank them all personally. Feels like I got to know them a little. You could tell watching them during games how close they were and how much they enjoyed the sport. A great big thank you young ladies.

I have waited to "cool off" before posting. Was very disappointed and angry with the finish yesterday, However, cooler head reminds me of what the young ladies did.
Over 50 wins is fantastic. Also, an ACC tourney championship. And just so many fun games to watch. I wish I could thank them all personally. Feels like I got to know them a little. You could tell watching them during games how close they were and how much they enjoyed the sport. A great big thank you young ladies.
Well said! Here here. Congrats to all the players, coaches and support staff, yall gave us an amazing season! Thank you and Go Noles!

Read elsewhere that we may have as many as five of our current players already in the portal. Anyone know who the players are?

Read elsewhere that we may have as many as five of our current players already in the portal. Anyone know who the players are?
Landers was already announced and she was honored on senior day.

I’m guessing maybe a pitcher and a couple of position players who aren’t in line to see much of the field with all that’s returning. For example, FSU has three catchers, but Edenfield seems to have locked that down.

Extra Inning keeps a pretty up to date transfer portal list and I don't see any of our players there. As teams are eliminated from the NCAA, that seems to be a prime time to enter (Alabama just had two enter).

However, I did see where the Texas AM coach's contract was not renewed and that position is now vacant. It is anticipated a number of head coaches will be pursuing that job. I only mention this because of former FSU Assistant Coach Craig Snider being on her staff and now likely needing a job.

Extra Inning keeps a pretty up to date transfer portal list and I don't see any of our players there. As teams are eliminated from the NCAA, that seems to be a prime time to enter (Alabama just had two enter).

However, I did see where the Texas AM coach's contract was not renewed and that position is now vacant. It is anticipated a number of head coaches will be pursuing that job. I only mention this because of former FSU Assistant Coach Craig Snider being on her staff and now likely needing a job.
Over the next 2 years we have players committed and not many openings (and a lot of players sitting) - going to be some movement. We still need pitching in my mind.

Reactions: ranger43
Over the next 2 years we have players committed and not many openings (and a lot of players sitting) - going to be some movement. We still need pitching in my mind.
Agreed. Anyone watching the pitching of this year's team throughout the season, versus say Oklahoma and their "three" ace pitchers, sees the difference. I believe Mack is better suited for short relief. Certainly with Danielle graduating, aside from Kat, we are short of quality pitchers.

Its interesting to watch the portal as players start to enter their names. I believe we will be no different than other schools and will lose a few. To be honest, we have some that based upon their playing time this year could certainly see greater playing time elsewhere.

A and M is gonna offer LA a ton of money way more than we can. The new AD continues to neglect womens sports and I would bet LA is gonna leave FSU. The new AD has be an abject disaster.

A and M is gonna offer LA a ton of money way more than we can. The new AD continues to neglect womens sports and I would bet LA is gonna leave FSU. The new AD has be an abject disaster.
We just gave her a 7 year deal where she'll make $4.45m in guaranteed money. She also has other incentives. That's a big contract for women's softball. She's in the top 5 I would imagine.

We can always be surprised by coaching moves, Riley to USC or Kelly to LSU, but I would be surprised if Coacha left after getting that long term contract and money just because of more money. Coach K left because he didn't like new AD but if given money he would have stayed. I don't think that is her style. But in this day, who knows.

POST EDITED/DELETED due to earlier inaccurate information about players.
I am assuming 2 errors on this post. Enters not Enders. And Riggs not Kerr. Would be a little surprised by Kendrick as she grew up an FSU fan and could easily redshirt with leaving her 4 more years to develop. Landers to me on this list is the only known one.

I could also see a couple others not listed: Saabye (from Colorado and not looking to be in the lineup any time soon) and LoPreste (back injury near the end of the regular season and not passing Edenfield at C anytime soon).

Last edited by a moderator:
Portal:
Landers, Enders, Kerr, Kendrick, that I am aware of....
You have seen this for a fact or you are just speculating?

This is all made up horse manure or urban legend perpetuated by a few fans who were not part of the process and because our soccer coach got his feelings hurt. NO ONE including the President and AD have said we are going to neglect women's sports. FAR FROM IT-- both have said they will continue to be a top priority and Coacha's contract reflects it (as well as facility upgrades already committed).

Until someone actually sees their name in a portal this is all opinionated speculation.
Extra nnings Transfer Portal Database lists the following FSU players: Enter, Kendrick, Saabye, Landers and Riggs. I also see where Michigan's Big10 Pitcher of the Year last year Alex Storako has graduated and entered the portal with one year remaining. Coacha - any interest?

Reactions: Buck-I-Nole
Interesting to note the dates the ladies entered the portal: Enter 5/3; Kendrick 4/26; Saabye 3/2; Landers 3/9 and Riggs 3/24.

Extra nnings Transfer Portal Database lists the following FSU players: Enter, Kendrick, Saabye, Landers and Riggs. I also see where Michigan's Big10 Pitcher of the Year last year Alex Storako has graduated and entered the portal with one year remaining. Coacha - any interest?
Here is my understanding of how the portal works.
  1. The player tells the school they intend to be in the portal
  2. The school (within 48 hours) enters their name into the portal
  3. This is not public information (to the general public)
  4. Information can be accessed by coaches only (Not sure extra innings qualifies as a coach under the portal rules but hey maybe they are getting their info from a school coach - they are clearly not a University coach)
This list makes sense but until the school announces the player is leaving (like they did with Landers) it is just all maybe. My understanding is players can withdraw their name-- but I would assume no one puts their name on the softball portal list without a real heart to heart conversation with Coacha and an agreement that it is best if they go to get some guaranteed playing time. JMHO

Savana Sikes in the portal, played 2b, SS, 3b, and LF at Georgia. Doesn't have Syd's bat, but a pretty reliable fielder.

Interesting to note the dates the ladies entered the portal: Enter 5/3; Kendrick 4/26; Saabye 3/2; Landers 3/9 and Riggs 3/24.
Best of luck to all; especially Carson and D'uan, didn't get much chance to prove yourself, but that's D1 softball.

To help 'rumors' or 'speculation not to get out of control I will delete or modify the thread regarding Enders and Kerr error. :please be more careful when posting transfer if you are not positive. We see how this can spiral quickly.

If I delete a post please repost without misinformation. If you think your post was deleted in error please message me.

Thank you.
I assume you concur with my portal comments noted above. I posted what my understanding was- do you think this is correct??

I assume you concur with my portal comments noted above. I posted what my understanding was- do you think this is correct??
If its like football then the information is public once they are entered by the school. There's a few sites who publish the information in real time. I guess Extra Innings is the softball site whereas On3 and 247 do football.

Please limit your comments to the subject matter and avoid directing comments at a poster

Reactions: FLSnole
Best to link your source so if necessary others can validate if they have different information.

Reactions: Crazyhorse20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT