ADVERTISEMENT

Work comp question

gunnyhiway

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Midwest
My job description changed about a year-and-a-half ago and now I'm driving 1500 miles a week. My hip is starting to bother me and I want to see the doctor and my wife thinks I should file it as a work comp injury

Thanks in advance for all the funny and sarcastic answers, but does anyone have any experience in these type of claims and could say with the limited info I provided what my chances are of successfully handling it through workman's comp?

Really depends on how much your employer wants to fight it. They can easily argue it is the type of car you chose to drive vs. a physical injury on the job.

You should post it over on HROT and you'll get more responses. Everyone is jumping ship

Reactions: ericram
Really depends on how much your employer wants to fight it. They can easily argue it is the type of car you chose to drive vs. a physical injury on the job.

You should post it over on HROT and you'll get more responses. Everyone is jumping ship

Yeah, really limiting your exposure here.

You can file a claim. Seems plausible. They'll investigate, pull you off the road and put you in a desk until they sort it out.

Which hip, what type of vehicle you drive and that's what cruise control is for

Are you paid to drive. or do you just get mileage, or no pay?

If you are paid to drive, file the claim. Gets trickier when it's mileage, but doable. If you are not paid for the driving, you won't get WC.

My job description changed about a year-and-a-half ago and now I'm driving 1500 miles a week. My hip is starting to bother me and I want to see the doctor and my wife thinks I should file it as a work comp injury

Thanks in advance for all the funny and sarcastic answers, but does anyone have any experience in these type of claims and could say with the limited info I provided what my chances are of successfully handling it through workman's comp?

Sounds like sciatica....good luck if you file.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT