ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Experiences with your own fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0laNole

Starter
Jul 18, 2015
Magazine Street, New Orleans
I had this experience last season at the Citadel game.

Since the tickets were cheaper, I decided to take my father and uncle.

Tailgating was a little hot IMO, and aside from a few overheard obscenities geared towards military institutions (Citadel), it wasn’t the kind of atmosphere of a UM or UF game, IYAM.

Waiting in line to enter Doak, there was a group of fraternity guys in front of us. I will say the fraternity because I was so offended; the fraternity was “Pi Kappa Phi.” It goes without saying these kids all were sporting the new logo, but their language and subsequent actions made the logo the least of my worries. These kids were smuggling glass bottles of peach vodka into the stadium. I advised one of the gentlemen that he should at least put the liquor in a flask, to which he told me to “mind my own f******* business.” Upon reaching the security check point, the fraternity boys were patted down and the liquor was found, but what happened next opened my eyes. One kid dropped a bag of what looked like cocaine or bath salts on the ground in front of a large group of fans. The security members apprehended three of the guys, but allowed two of their friends to enter the stadium. I had to tell my father it was a packet of sunscreen the kid dropped, SMDH.

We found our seats and sure enough the two friends of the apprehended frat boys were seated behind us. They spent the entire first half speaking loudly and insinuating I had somehow caused the apprehension of their “Frat Bros.” Once our boys started getting hurt due to chop-blocks, I turned around and let the lil sumbitchs have it, and the two of them ran out of the stadium screaming “f-u” and “meet me in lot 9” etc.

Later that night we were enjoying a few bourbons at Madison Social and I spot the same two kids waiting in line to enter the bar. I slipped the security guard $20 and asked him to actually inspect the two kids IDs. He took both IDs, declared they were fake, and cut them in half right in front of the boys. I just said, “Cheers Fellahs, hope you sit behind me next game.” Never saw them again that season. Long story short, it really wasn’t pleasant to see these young kids being so disrespectful. My father went to Texas, and I have gone to several games there with him and never encountered anything like I did at Doak that day. I know we all had our wild times in undergrad, but back in my day we at least were respectful to elder alumni. I hope others haven’t had similar experiences. Just venting, obviously the off season.

Geaux Noles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News