ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all been watching the Nassar trial

This. Judges in Michigan — like Florida — are elected officials. Don’t be naive: they pander to the electorate in order to keep their jobs. Many of them are excellent judges (in addition to the pandering), but I am quite sure this lady was very cognizant that her dramatic comments would be helpful to her in her next campaign.
I wasn't being naive, I think we were saying the same thing.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
This. Judges in Michigan — like Florida — are elected officials. Don’t be naive: they pander to the electorate in order to keep their jobs. Many of them are excellent judges (in addition to the pandering), but I am quite sure this lady was very cognizant that her dramatic comments would be helpful to her in her next campaign.
I don't see why this would be helpful in her next campaign.

Everyone is already outraged. Her grandstanding didn't alert people to the heinous nature of the crimes committed. She just made herself look bad.

I personally don't want my judges coming off like cable news pundits. I would imagine others (voters) might agree.

Reactions: 12Nole
I don't see why this would be helpful in her next campaign.

Everyone is already outraged. Her grandstanding didn't alert people to the heinous nature of the crimes committed. She just made herself look bad.

I personally don't want my judges coming off like cable news pundits. I would imagine others (voters) might agree.
I think you drastically overestimate voters.

Reactions: seminole97
hysteria.jpg
I tried this once to relieve an S.O.'s period cramps...Never again!!

If you have been reading OTL report on the stuff coming out about what MSU did to hide the documentation from the investigators, it's pretty bad. Baylor and Penn St. are both saying: "well at least we are not Michigan State."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT